Occasional Contributor

Cleaning out my Temp tations

Spent today cleaning out my cupboards to get rid of the last TSV from Temp tations. I knew I shouldn't have ordered it! I started years ago with Old World Green and just loved it. Then the quality started going down and some of my Christmas sets started crazing, even though I only used them one Christmas. I got tired of having to return so much so I just decided to stop buying. I weakened when Tara came out with Floral Lace and I fell in love with it in the green. Ordered a few pieces, mostly bowls for mixing and storing cold salads. I was very happy! I then ordered the big set in green and got it ready to use, but after reading all the complaints about breakage, I am afraid to use them. I went back to using my Corelle that I have had for about 40 years. It still looks great, has a fruit pattern and the lids FIT! I can still order plastic lids and I can fix, cook and store without worrying about them cracking. They have no crazing or cracks even after all these years of use. I will keep my green bowls for cold stuff but will not buy anymore baking pieces. I just don't need the aggravation. I wrote some bad reviews in the past and I really complained about those lids! What good are they if they DON'T FIT! I can't see any improvement .  In fact I think they are worse. QVC should be more responsible for the quality of the vendors featured. They have had plenty of complaints over the years about the quality of Temptations and could have asked Tara to up her quality. But I don't see any improvement.  I often wonder on the presentation on TV how many sets and plastic lids they go through to get a good fit to show. Now I don't know what to do with this set. I don't want to pass it on to someone else knowing it could crack. Don't want to store it either. Really a shame! It could have been a great thing if someone cared enough to put some quality in it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning out my Temp tations

[ Edited ]

got rid of all my temptations a couple of years ago......love using my corningware and pyrex from the 70's!!

Trusted Contributor

Ditto!

Honored Contributor

I just donated all of mine. I think the selling price will be low so that people who purchase will not be out much if it doesn’t work for them.

Respected Contributor

i hit the thrift stores on a regular basis. 

seems like the first time in years, i have been seeing quite a bit of temptations. The suprising thing for me, is that most of them are priced on the lower side.

trust me, prices just keep going up there as well. IMO they are just testing the waters to see what the market will bear. 

not long ago, i saw a nice 9x13 dish (temptations) in the metal stand and it was only $5.99.  cheaper than the corning ware.  hummm

Respected Contributor

Call me lucky (or maybe my big splat on the kitchen floor is imminent) but I have a ton of Temp-tations items..TONS!!! The ones I use most often are the 9X13's as I do cook a lot of casserole type dishes. I've only had one dish that I tossed long ago that to my eye did have some crazing. ONE out of TONS! Now, I will say I have never used any of those "lid its" in the oven that so many people do seem to have issues with. But, my Temp's casserole dishes are work horses and have served me very well!     

Valued Contributor

@peppermint patty wrote:

Spent today cleaning out my cupboards to get rid of the last TSV from Temp tations. I knew I shouldn't have ordered it! I started years ago with Old World Green and just loved it. Then the quality started going down and some of my Christmas sets started crazing, even though I only used them one Christmas. I got tired of having to return so much so I just decided to stop buying. I weakened when Tara came out with Floral Lace and I fell in love with it in the green. Ordered a few pieces, mostly bowls for mixing and storing cold salads. I was very happy! I then ordered the big set in green and got it ready to use, but after reading all the complaints about breakage, I am afraid to use them. I went back to using my Corelle that I have had for about 40 years. It still looks great, has a fruit pattern and the lids FIT! I can still order plastic lids and I can fix, cook and store without worrying about them cracking. They have no crazing or cracks even after all these years of use. I will keep my green bowls for cold stuff but will not buy anymore baking pieces. I just don't need the aggravation. I wrote some bad reviews in the past and I really complained about those lids! What good are they if they DON'T FIT! I can't see any improvement .  In fact I think they are worse. QVC should be more responsible for the quality of the vendors featured. They have had plenty of complaints over the years about the quality of Temptations and could have asked Tara to up her quality. But I don't see any improvement.  I often wonder on the presentation on TV how many sets and plastic lids they go through to get a good fit to show. Now I don't know what to do with this set. I don't want to pass it on to someone else knowing it could crack. Don't want to store it either. Really a shame! It could have been a great thing if someone cared enough to put some quality in it.

If it was the last TSV, doesn't it fall under the January 31 return policy?  Return it if you aren't happy with it!

Honored Contributor

I have so much pretty Corningware still looking like the day I bought it.

I don't cook much anymore, can't justify replacing it all now.

The Temptations is pretty & looks like mostly a good value

Esteemed Contributor

@peppermint patty wrote:

@peppermint patty ...... I threw out all of my Temptations years ago when they had the “lead paint” scare .... threw them out in the garbage where they belonged ..... I now use my Corning Wear dishes & bakeware ..... I will never buy anything from Temptations again👎

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped 

I too have many and seem like I keep buying even if I don't need them.  I have not had any crack or craze.  I bought some Rachael Ray that did split in half in the oven.  My Temp-tations are my workhorses also.  I use them almost every day.