Respected Contributor

Baking cakes in Temp-tations

I have  question about baking a cake or cake type bread in Temp-tations.  It seem every time I bake a cake in any of the dishes it continually sticks to the bottom.  I have tried baking with nothing, with Crisco over the bottom and sides and a cooking spray.  Neiher lets the cake fall right out.  Please help me.  I have to end up using my metal pans.

Honored Contributor

Re: Baking cakes in Temp-tations

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I have  question about baking a cake or cake type bread in Temp-tations.  It seem every time I bake a cake in any of the dishes it continually sticks to the bottom.  I have tried baking with nothing, with Crisco over the bottom and sides and a cooking spray.  Neiher lets the cake fall right out.  Please help me.  I have to end up using my metal pans.

You may have to use parchment paper.

And grease it too.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, but every time she is on the air with this stuff she dumps out a cake and says they are non stick.  I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Thanks, but every time she is on the air with this stuff she dumps out a cake and says they are non stick.  I don't get it.

I think she has a FB page, ask her.

Adding this - are you turning out your cake while it's still hot or letting them cool in the pan?

I think they  need to be turned out right away.

Respected Contributor

I don't have Facebook, that's why I came here.  Also I can't find a blog for her.

Respected Contributor

This doesn't answer your question, but if you are going to dump it out of the pan are you totally opposed to using your metal pan?

I don't guess that I have tried to bake something that I wasn't going to serve in the Temp-tations. 

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

This doesn't answer your question, but if you are going to dump it out of the pan are you totally opposed to using your metal pan?

I don't guess that I have tried to bake something that I wasn't going to serve in the Temp-tations. 

If I'm making a nut bread in a loaf pan I like to take it out and cut it and lay it out on a platter or with some  of the different form dishes I would like to take them out and frost them.   I like serving in the Temp-tations but sometimes I just need a baking utensil. 

Valued Contributor

I have not had any luck baking in temp-ta-tions, no matter what I do it sticks. So I only cook in them, won't buy anymore temp-ta-tions, no matter how much I like it.

New Contributor

I purchased the silicone sheet rolls.  As I bake foddering items some need to be turned while warm some after cool. Never can remember which. So the solution on any pan , sheet tray etc is to cut to size par he ent or as my solution cut silicone for the ones you use most often and use it in the bottom of the pan things turn out easily every time . I let it cool a little peel the silicone and just wash off and reuse.  I also have found recently from a friend is that you season any pan , wire rack etc before using each time things are easier to clean . To season just wipe oil (on the pan, rack ) then heat it up at around 180/200 and then take off heat and wipe with paper towel and use. This is a good trick that really helped on the Airfryer racks , pans and toaster racks.  

I vaguely remember my grandmother doing this on everything. So you might give either of my suggestions. Hope it helps. 

New Contributor

Love your kitty. 

I purchased the silicone sheet rolls.  As I bake foddering items some need to be turned while warm some after cool. Never can remember which. So the solution on any pan , sheet tray etc is to cut to size par he ent or as my solution cut silicone for the ones you use most often and use it in the bottom of the pan things turn out easily every time . I let it cool a little peel the silicone and just wash off and reuse.  I also have found recently from a friend is that you season any pan , wire rack etc before using each time things are easier to clean . To season just wipe oil (on the pan, rack ) then heat it up at around 180/200 and then take off heat and wipe with paper towel and use. This is a good trick that really helped on the Airfryer racks , pans and toaster racks.  

I vaguely remember my grandmother doing this on everything. So you might give either of my suggestions. Hope it helps.