Contributor

2 qt bowl w/ ramekins -- Boofetti

Received the Boofetti 2 qt w/ 2 ramekins and love it.  Now see there are several other patterns available, but pictures for all except boofetti, harvest, and the holiday bell design are missing.  Saw 2 negative reviews about the gingerbread design.  Has anyone received the snowman pattern ; have a picture to post?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: 2 qt bowl w/ ramekins -- Boofetti

I wish they would sell just the ramikins, in addition to the set witht he large bowl, and 2 ramikins.  I isee no reason to purchase 3-4 sets to have enough ramikins for dessert, or even to do some type of topping bar for game watching, cookout, etc.

Trusted Contributor

@makp

I have the harvest set and I love it. Would also enjoy seeing the pics of the ones they won't show.

@StuckinNJ

I also thought it was odd that they only have 2 ramekins.

Contributor

They also have a Cook's Essentials mini dutch oven set of 4.  Each one is a different color!!!!!!!  You can't buy a set of 4 red, 4 orange, etc.  Yet, it is to match their dishes and cookware sets, that are all purchased in one color.  I don't get it.  I've purchased 3 As Is sets, and I want to get at least 1 more, if not 2 more.  My spouse is a Syracuse grad, so, I could find a use during basketball season, for the blue and orange, and the color I really wanted was red, which is also what I'd use the most.   I don't want the teal.  We are not Dolphin fans.

But, those ramikins would be nice for individual desserts, or even pot pies.  I just didn't understand why there wasn't a set of 4 or 6 offered in addition to the large bowl with the set of two.  Who wants to spend $100 on 4 sets, which also means 4 larger bowls?

Honored Contributor

@StuckinNJ  I agree...it would be nice if they offered just a set of ramakins and small loaf pans in the different designs....How much of the large pieces temptations does one need?!

Contributor

I always thought the entire idea of ramikins was individual portions of a dessert or some part of dinner.  A secondary use is for something like hamburger toppings during a cookout, taco topings, etc.  So, unless it is just you and a spouse/partner, how useful are 2 ramikins?  

And, then, there is simply the opportunity to make money.  Most people who purchased the set would probably purchase at least one set of 4 or 6 ramikins, but not 4-6 sets of the three pieces.

And, considering the specialty pieces for St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, Halloween....  a special meal using them would be the entire point of purchasing them.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9   One more thing. those loaf pans... other than the fact that they match Temptations...  The craft store has ones for each holiday for $1.  If I am going to give them away, I'd use those ones.

She always talks about gifting, but I'd never break up a set to gift it to someone who owns none of it.  Kind of like Pfaltzgraff.  Someone who doesn't own it doesn't really appreciate it, or like things that don't match what they have.