Honored Contributor

@elruth wrote:

The commercial from an insurance co featuring the man who acts like a dog and is licking Tia Fey's face is beyond gross! I haven't liked any of his commercials now that I think of it.

@elruth 

I hate it, too .... but last night while shopping in my local Gelsons grocery store, he was in there shopping.  Some people look different than on camera ... he looks exactly the same.  

Frequent Contributor

For me the worst commercial is the "Billie" commercial for a razor that is always on the Hallmark Channel.  I find it pretty gross and I can never get the "that girl is a tomboy" out of my head.

Respected Contributor

The Mayhem commercials were fine until Tina Fey came along.  Loved the cat commercial.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Re: worst commercial

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I disliked the limu emu for the first several commercials, but I began liking him after the one where Doug is getting the key to the city and we see the emu's girlfriend sitting in the audience.

Here I was thinking it was the emu's proud mother (with her cat-eye glasses), but maybe not!  lol

Oh, you may by right, it didn't dawn on me it could me Emu's proud Mom.  Now I think I like the commercial even more.  lol

and don't forget her dippity-doo hairstyle!!!

And, her pearls!

Related image

Now how can anyone not like 'Lady Bird'?  Woman Wink

@jellyBEAN  @aubnwa01 

I dont think its funny to put earrings, glasses, wig, and clothes on this poor Emu..... SMH!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candys mine wrote:

Some really crude commercials out there these days but the most disheartening one for me was a car commercial over the holidays.  SANTA is putting gifts under the tree and the little boy takes a picture of his large Butt.  He then BLACKMAILS Santa saying he will not post his picture all over the internet if Santa gives him his car.  that was bad enough but the next shot is the morning after with the boy sitting in the drivers seat of the car and the FATHER SAYS HE DID WELL THIS YEAR.  Even if Dad didn't know how kid got the car  WE KNOW.  Sends a really good message about how to get what you want, don't you think?

@candys mine  @violann 

Bratty kids is another cringeworthy topic:

The kid that makes fun of his grandfather's asthma and funny breathing (better hope its not hereditary kid).....

Those Bounty Commercials where the little brat sticks someone with a sword, causing liquid to be aimed at a computer

...and the little brats that wont eat anything but Kraft Mac N Cheese....how "nutritious"....my mom made sure we enjoyed healthy food ....we can see whose in charge of these households....lots of parents out there in real life too who will follow the advice of this commercial...No wonder childhood obesity and juvenile diabetes is running rampant in the U.S.....SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

All these selfies are annoying enough without the IPhone offering Slo-Mo Selfies...you can add that stupid commerical to the list of the WORST ones...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor
It is not hard for me to choose the worst commercial...it is ALL insurance commercials! All are obnoxious and seem to be played constantly.
Respected Contributor
There are so many lol. The one currently annoying me is the Geico Pinocchio commercial. In fact, they're airing a few of those, all equally irritating.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor
I don't like the "Mayhem" commercials, either.

Interestingly, one product's ads got better: Humira (Crohn's disease med). I guess ad execs didn't always know how to address this unfortunate subject matter. The Humira ads, OTOH, have outdone themselves, in particular, the one featuring the adorable little girl, whose eyes light up when she sees her dad, who's now able to spend time with her because he's taking an effective medication.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another one is the current AT&T "Just Okay Is Not Okay" ad campaign, with a series of spots.

The "just okay" surgeon, tax preparer, chef/teacher, car mechanic, and amusement park operator. Oh, and did I mention that, in each of these ads, the "just okay" person is a white male doofus?--and each is, of course, portrayed as taking advantage of people of color. 😉