Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

There was a PooPourri (room deodorizer) ad that actually had someone sitting on the toilet. I haven't seen it for a couple of weeks and wonder if they had so many complaints that they pulled the ad. There are no longer any restraints on just how gross these ads can be.

-----------------

It is not for PooPourri, it is for a similar product called VIP.  I also hate that ad.

I dislike the Allstate ads and the emu ads...don't think they are funny nor clever.

I grew up in an adverstiisng family and most elders have passed on.  Am sure they are spinning in their graves.  Most of the current ads would have never been allowed on the networks!!

Honored Contributor

For me, the worst commercials right now are the new creepy Folgers commercials.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@elruth. I second the motion.  I hate those commercials too, although the ones with the emu are a close second for just being dumb and pointless.

I do not understand the emu commercial....what it has to do with insurance?

Respected Contributor

I disliked the limu emu for the first several commercials, but I began liking him after the one where Doug is getting the key to the city and we see the emu's girlfriend sitting in the audience.

Worst commercial?  There are just SO MANY.  I'm tired of all the slo-mo drug commercials (w/the exception of my Chantix turkey).  I live in a very rural area and there are a lot of local commercials for doctors and AC services that are just awful and poorly acted.  Sometimes I'll see the exact same commercial 3 times over the same commercial break!!  It's horrible.

I'm also tired of all the car commercials.  There are so many bad commercials its hard to pick just one.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 The new cottage cheese commercial for Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese, and that brand is horrible.Who makes a cottage cheese sandwich, or puts it on crackers. Sickning !!

Respected Contributor

Re: worst commercial

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I disliked the limu emu for the first several commercials, but I began liking him after the one where Doug is getting the key to the city and we see the emu's girlfriend sitting in the audience.

Here I was thinking it was the emu's proud mother (with her cat-eye glasses), but maybe not!  lol

Honored Contributor

There are so many awful commercials -- where do you even begin??

I can't stand the commercials for the pandora station.  Horribly obnoxious.  Most local car company commercials are cringe worthy.  Just pay for professional people to do your ads!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Here I was thinking it was the emu's proud mother (with her cat-eye glasses), but maybe not!  lol

Oh, you may by right, it didn't dawn on me it could me Emu's proud Mom.  Now I think I like the commercial even more.  lol

and don't forget her dippity-doo hairstyle!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I really like the Mayhem commercials!

Honored Contributor

The Liberty Mutual Commercials --- ALL OF THEM ---have to be THE WORST!!!!  

And I am so sick and tired of that Peloton commercial with the guy's off key singing as he peddles "the bike"...Id wish he'd ride that bike into the sunset.......  I thought it was kind of funny that right after it they have a Nordic Track commercial.....LOL...GREAT PLACEMENT.......

Very few tolerable entertaining or funny commercials anymore........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”