Respected Contributor

Re: who would you like to see on Dancing with the stars?

Mark Harmon 💖

Honored Contributor

Me, I would love to learn how to dance like that and loose a little weight as well. I would love to see Jamie Lee Curtis on there, i think she would be fun!

Respected Contributor

@CLHS68  DWTS is just an entertainment show. It is not really a dancing competition. Like American Idol. Sometimes it is about the audience's connection to the contestant.. 

And all of the people that participate in the show work really, really hard. The ones that can dance & the ones that can't dance. 

Sean Spicer has no natural dance ability. None. Truly none. LOL But, the pros do the best that they can with him. That the audience appreciates that & enjoys his kind personality is part of the show.

And, nobody worked harder than Bobby Bones. Sharna did not dance around him. He danced as hard as any James Van Der Beek or Ally Brooke. Not as gracefully, but he danced. And, the audience liked him.

I love the show. I love the band, the singers, the costumes, the makeup, the judges, the hosts & the dancing. It entertains me.

Trusted Contributor

Kevin Bacon. 

Esteemed Contributor

First let's define the word "stars." If you're going to call someone who competes a star, there had better be a reason for that. Otherwise, it's dancing with the unknowns.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Someone other than reality TV stars

Yeah. I don't even consider them stars either.

Esteemed Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Michael Jackson

Posthumously? That should draw an audience.

Respected Contributor

Re: who would you like tosee on Dancing with the stars?

@AuntG wrote:

@RetRN too many of you think QVC hosts are "stars". I'm not so sure they fit the bill.

Have you watched the show? It's a bunch of D-list celebrities, many of whom I've never heard of before. Seems like a good match to me.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

First let's define the word "stars." If you're going to call someone who competes a star, there had better be a reason for that. Otherwise, it's dancing with the unknowns.  

Dancing with the D-Listers has been working for them for 28 seasons now. I don't see them changing.

Honored Contributor

He'd never do it and it sounds crazy because he's too big of a star but it would really help him mentally and physically.

Before I say who I'd like to see I'll say, I've been reading about him in my magazines and I think he is STILL really struggling and trying but he's a famous actor and those who want to help me are actually hurting him.

If he would do this he'd be in the public eye often.  He'd have to get and be healthy (mentally and physically).  He'd draw in enormous audiences because I think (like myself) people think he's probably a good person at heart but he's a bonified alcoholic.

I was raised by an alcoholic so I understand the struggles.  Particularly with what and whom he comes in contact with every single day....I can't imagine how hard it is.

Are you ready for this....(this is pie in the sky)....

Ben Affleck.  He was doing pretty good and then he went to a fund raiser near the end of October with free booze and that's all it took.

I've read and followed him for a long time.  I understand his ex-wife's anguish with trying to help him.

Based on everything I've read about the preparation just to GET READY for the show, it sounds grueling.

It would really help him but he'd never, never agree to it.

Just think though if he would.