Honored Contributor

Re: what tv shows you wish they would get rid of?

@northiie57  different strokes for different folks... I watch what I like... would not want to get rid of something YOU LIKE. 

Honored Contributor

it wouldn’t improve my life if the shows I already don’t watch were to disappear.    

Esteemed Contributor

Too many to list.

I watch very little t.v.

Enjoy the soaps most because I know that they are fake.

First get rid of everything and anything that has to do with the Bachelor.

Respected Contributor

Although I appreciate individual choice, if we want a healthy society/world - any shows that glamorize* negativity (ie crime, backstabbing, gossip, arguing, lying, promiscuity, cussing, cheating, etc). You can still have entertainment without it being stale, prudish. 

*not quite the word I'm wanting but can't think of the right one

Honored Contributor

1. Reality Shows- in particular the Kar-trashions, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, My Big Fat Fabulous Life, 16 And Pregnant! etc etc etc....

2. "Survivor" shows---people are left on an island and compete against each other....

3.  Talent competition---ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

4.  Ditch the current Sitcoms---the current ones are just not funny mostly rely on bathroom humor or are lewd,crude, an rude ! (prefer the sitcom classics on the classic tv channels--well written stuff like Mary Tyler Moore, Rob and Laurie Petrie Show, The Odd Couple, Andy Griffith, Leave It To Beaver, Bob Newhart-the first show -, I Love Lucy etc.....)

5. Family Feud---the Game Show Network has

re-rununned this show to death and I'm not a fan of Steve Harvey either....

6. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives along with Chopped---come on Food Network is this all ya got lately....Woman Frustrated

7. The View, The Talk, The Real, Ellen! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

We have a choice not to view shows we dislike so I don't. But  flowing with the question - any shows showing American as more dysfunctional and hateful than it already is ... I can do without those reality shows.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Although I appreciate individual choice, if we want a healthy society/world - any shows that glamorize* negativity (ie crime, backstabbing, gossip, arguing, lying, promiscuity, cussing, cheating, etc). You can still have entertainment without it being stale, prudish. 

*not quite the word I'm wanting but can't think of the right one

@ThinkingOutLoud 

Where have all the creative writers gone with their imaginative scripts ???---the sitcoms were actually funny instead of "trashy", and the dramas were interesting, innovative, and clever....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

All the sitcoms. I hate them. I don't like shows with fake clapping, laughing sound effects etc. Hate when I'm watching a show with the fake car sounds. Sounds you know they are not making. I also hate they play music which is louder so you have to turn the TV up to hear what is actually being said. So annoying. At least we have a mute button. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Soaps!! News, reality shows, talk shows, heck get rid of it all!! Make it a kinder and gentle country.

Respected Contributor

DR. PIMPLE POPPER  !!!  I mean,  REALLY ??????