Respected Contributor

Re: what old movies haven't stood the test of time?

two of my all time faves are in it. Rita Moreno (still gorgeous to this day!) and Natalie Wood.

She is so beautiful, it's painfulSmiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

I don't know what you mean about movies standing "the test of time." I think that they relate to either that current era or a historical period, and times and values change. But, I'm not sure if you mean the technology, the music, the costumes, or something else. Like other areas (medicine, physics, music, technology, etc.) they evolved from a foundation and have a history that I appreciate. I have movie favorites and some that I'm not fond of. A movie can't change, but the viewer can.

...whatever...

Valued Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten @Yes. Had fond memories but when I saw this a few years back, it was embarrassing. However, music stands the test of time. My 8 year old granddaughter is playing them on the piano.

Last Sunday on 60 Minutes a segment highlighted the recent Broadway revival of WSS, updated to current times. Many changes, but good reviews. Sadly, Covid shut it all down. A lot of hard work, money, and fame for young actors stolen overnight.

Honored Contributor

I sat down to watch 9 to 5 which I haven't seen in decades a little bit ago. 

Most of it holds up but the fantasy sequences are just silly now and some of the "okay" behavior towards the girls would never see the light of day in the current work environment. 

You can tell we have matured as an audience and women have come a lot farther than even the early 80s.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I sat down to watch 9 to 5 which I haven't seen in decades a little bit ago. 

Most of it holds up but the fantasy sequences are just silly now and some of the "okay" behavior towards the girls would never see the light of day in the current work environment. 

You can tell we have matured as an audience and women have come a lot farther than even the early 80s.  

@Laura14 I watched this a couple of weeks ago and while it was still funny, I thought to myself-most of this would never happen in today's workplace! lol! It was a great movie!