Respected Contributor

Re: what movies are you watching to take your mind off

@LoriLori wrote:

@jellyBEAN

Question about the Airplane movies because all I remember is the guy who kept talking and all his seatmates...well, just thinking about it makes me laugh:  Is OJ Simpson in ALL of them?  Dealbreaker, totally.  

@sunshine 919   

Wishful thinking:  Do you own Vicar of Dibley or are watching it on Britbox or where?  Not a movie, no, but that would be lovely right now, I enjoyed that so.

Thanks, girls Smiley Happy

OJ Simpson is NOT in the original Airplane.  Kareem Abdul Jabbar played the co-pilot to Peter Graves - the pedophile pilot.

There were a couple of jive talkers who Barbara Billingsley (Mrs. Cleaver) interpreted for the crew because she spoke jive.  Woman Very Happy

They really poked fun at EVERY minority, ethnic group and stereotype in this film - couldn't be made today.  Not sure what other Airplane movies were made since, but this was the original - I believe made in 1979.  Woman Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@LoriLori   I watched Vicar of Dibley all series on Britbox loved it!

Thank you, Dulwich!  Do you know if they have Monty Python?

Because they're only on IFC once a week and I need more Python.  

I'm oversubscribed but if they have Vicar of Dibley + Python, I'm so in!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@jellyBEAN

Question about the Airplane movies because all I remember is the guy who kept talking and all his seatmates...well, just thinking about it makes me laugh:  Is OJ Simpson in ALL of them?  Dealbreaker, totally.  

@sunshine 919   

Wishful thinking:  Do you own Vicar of Dibley or are watching it on Britbox or where?  Not a movie, no, but that would be lovely right now, I enjoyed that so.

Thanks, girls Smiley Happy

OJ Simpson is NOT in the original Airplane.  Kareem Abdul Jabbar played the co-pilot to Peter Graves - the pedophile pilot.

There were a couple of jive talkers who Barbara Billingsley (Mrs. Cleaver) interpreted for the crew because she spoke jive.  Woman Very Happy

They really poked fun at EVERY minority, ethnic group and stereotype in this film - couldn't be made today.  Not sure what other Airplane movies were made since, but this was the original - I believe made in 1979.  Woman Happy

Thanks, JellyBean.

Sequels.

OJ is in Sequels.

So the original which is the one I've seen and while I just remember the guy that wouldn't shut up and now i'm psyched.

(We've been in three weeks but the mayor has told us, because he's great guy and a straight shooter unlike just about anyone else: plan on another month, people.)

Super Contributor

Rented on demand the movie - I Still Believe true 

story about singer Jeremy Camp

Esteemed Contributor

On youtube, I watch old episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. That is one of my favorite shows. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

On youtube, I watch old episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. That is one of my favorite shows. 

If you get IFC they've been running them.  Can't figure out a schedule but I know tomorrow (duh ETA) morning, tomorrow morning starting early they're running a few back to back in the place where they've been running Monty Python (which I bought, can't be without).

It's been fun watching MST3 after so many years, for me it depends on the movie though.  The ones I've watched were fun Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Watching Baby Boom and loving it. Sam Shepard was one of the best.

Honored Contributor

I bought the complete series and the made for TV movies of Columbo at walmart. The whole ball of wax.  Got the Sopranos , also. I got a movie collection that is mega.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I bought the complete series and the made for TV movies of Columbo at walmart. The whole ball of wax.  Got the Sopranos , also. I got a movie collection that is mega.

@SharkE   Ah...Columbo. I have watched it from the sixties when it first came on. I still watch it every time it is on. Just one more thing.

Honored Contributor

tonight......a hallmark movie titled COME DANCE AT MY WEDDING. it was sweet.

next up......THE PATRIOT with mel gibson and heath ledger

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein