Honored Contributor

I am still sort of spellbound by the film. It was very dark, in parts brutal, filled with imagery,representing  other worlds, and times. It simply engulfed me. It drew me in and fed me right to the last scenes

It was quite long , but it was a story well told. I will say, I have never liked Tolkien's works, but, I did like this film very much. I don't know if I would try to read him again, but I would see this film again.

For people that like WW1 history, and times, I think you might enjoy this film. The cast was superb. The sets were sometimes filmed with horror and pain. Other times ,it was a visual feast for my eyes

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @cherry . I'm going to a graduation party tonight. But had considered Tolkien this weekend. Like you, I've read the books and really had to make myself finish each one. The review of the movie encourages me to see it! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your review, I am looking forward to seeing this movie.  There is no doubt the cast and settings are superb, love British movies and TV!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@cherry  Thank you for taking the time to write your review of this film.  I greatly appreciate it.  I want to see it and even more so after what you've written.

Honored Contributor

I think you will like it, but, I want to make sure people understand, it is a dark movie, filled with drama

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry , thanks for posting.  I absolutely loved Tolkien.  I will look for this.  LM