Respected Contributor

watching "under the banner of heaven"?

new series just started on Hulu.  Murder mystery, about the LDS mormons in Utah.  

Not to graphic, although the murder was horrific.  it is a true story.  Its only up to episode 2 so far.  well acted.  can't wait to see how it plays out. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: watching "under the banner of heaven"?

The book was fabulous.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for review @kittyloo I’ll add it to my watch list

Trusted Contributor

I watched it and thought it was very well done.  The series has generated a lot of excitement and comments on YouTube among the true crime community, especially those following the Vallow/ Daybell case in Idaho, with which it shares a number of similarities.

I, too, am looking forward to watching the rest of the series.  I ordered the book yesterday, which I knew I would have to do after seeing the premier.  

Respected Contributor

I have it on my list.  I read the book a few years ago.

Valued Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
The book was fabulous.

I read the book and  had to put it aside from time to time but I'd love to see the movie. Really intense.

Trusted Contributor

The acting on this series is outstanding. Andrew Garfield and Gil Birmingham really shine. I did not know much about this crime. I like how they are showing how the history of how the brothers became the way they are when committing the crimes. 

Hulu is really bringing it this year. Dopesick, this series, and Candy which I finished last night. 

Jessica Biel is amazing as is Melanie Lynskey. I had not heard of this crime either and was shocked by the ending. 

Hoping Hulu keeps bringing excellent series.   

Honored Contributor

I watched all six episodes over the weekend ( one more left). I have to say I don't like it all that much but will see it through to the end. With everything on my watchlist I wish I knew what I could skip and not waste my time on, sometimes I make bad choices. 

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched all six episodes over the weekend ( one more left). I have to say I don't like it all that much but will see it through to the end. With everything on my watchlist I wish I knew what I could skip and not waste my time on, sometimes I make bad choices. 

We barely made to the end of episode 1 before we decided this series was not for us.

Andrew Garfield is a good actor.  We thought the Lafferty family was a bit too creepy to invest our time in.

Respected Contributor

Loved it. Never heard of this crime. Interesting learning how the Mormons live.