Honored Contributor

two songs battleing in the head

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun........................ and

it's gone!! Guess the one above won.

Honored Contributor

Re: two songs battleing in the head

I was grocery shopping this AM, and all of a sudden this song from 1000 years ago popped into my head. Does anyone remember “ Little Boxes ?”  You know little boxes on the hillside made of tickey tacky and they all look just the same etc. To my amazement I remembered the whole song, and now I can’t get the blasted thing to stop playing in my head. It wasn’t playing in the store and I haven’t heard it since the 60’s, it’s a puzzle.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I was grocery shopping this AM, and all of a sudden this song from 1000 years ago popped into my head. Does anyone remember “ Little Boxes ?”  You know little boxes on the hillside made of tickey tacky and they all look just the same etc. To my amazement I remembered the whole song, and now I can’t get the blasted thing to stop playing in my head. It wasn’t playing in the store and I haven’t heard it since the 60’s, it’s a puzzle.

@QVCkitty1  I remember the song, and most of the lyrics too.  Haven't thought about or heard that one in decades!

Esteemed Contributor

This past week i can't get "You Were Always On My Mind" 

(Willie Nelson)   out of my head...keep finding myself singing it!!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1, I do remember that.  

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17,  I have some songs that hang on that way for days at a time.  I think it's on the car radio and I hear it for days afterwards.  Funny how the memory works.