Respected Contributor

has anyone seen it?  i read it is unsettling.  do tell.

Honored Contributor

Re: three identical strangers

Is this a movie, if not what is it.

Honored Contributor

Re: three identical strangers movie documentary 2018

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Is this a movie, if not what is it.

@Mom2Dogs

it is a movie documentary......

Identical triplets become separated at birth and adopted by three different families. Years later, their amazing reunion becomes a global sensation but also unearths an unimaginable secret that has radical repercussions.

Release date: June 29, 2018 (USA)

here is the trailer.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM5TQ4f7ycw

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

here is a spoiler article if you want to know about the triplets and their lives.

https://www.mamamia.com.au/real-story-behind-three-identical-strangers/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45...interesting.  Just the type of thing I like to watch. thanks.

Honored Contributor

Two of the brothers were on Megyn Kelly last week.  It's a very interesting story.  Really awful that it happened, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

i do believe they are currently in the process of creating a feature film of this real life story.

Respected Contributor

hopefully someone will see it and review it here.  it sounds intriguing - but i'm not up for a downer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional wrote:

hopefully someone will see it and review it here.  it sounds intriguing - but i'm not up for a downer.

@ms traditional  I saw it last night.  I think it's the best documentary that I've ever seen.  It is excellent.  And yes, it's disturbing but it's definitely worth seeing. (I think it may have been even more disturbing to me since I'm Jewish, and these separations at birth were orchestrated by a Jewish adoption agency).

The first almost half of the film is thoroughly delightful.  It's very interesting to see what happened and how the three separated-at-birth boys discovered they were triplets.  There are many laugh-out-loud moments and the film is completely enjoyable.  It didn't really bother the 19-yr-old boys that they'd been separated at birth - they were just thrilled to have found each other and had a wonderful time together (at first).   It was all three's sets of parents that were extremely angry about the boys having been separated at birth and wanted answers.  That's when the film starts to get disturbing (and later sad), which it is, but I don't think it's "keep you up all night" disturbing.

I give this doc my highest recommendation. I was so glad I'd seen it.

By the way, it's a CNN film as you learn at the opening credits, which means it will some time be shown on CNN if you are hesitant to see it now. That's what happened when I went to see the Glenn Campbell farewell tour documentary when he had Alzheimers.  I went to the very same theater (our "art theater") to see that one, which was also a CNN film, and it was later (not that much later) shown on CNN.  At first when that credit came up I thought "grrrr - I just wasted a ticket price and this is going to be on TV" but I certainly don't feel that way now.  It was well worth seeing and I'm glad for the theater experience.

Honored Contributor

Where can we see it now? Thanks!!!!!It sounds very intriguing.