Respected Contributor

Re: the worst movie I ever saw...

"Manhattan" (1979) Woody Allen and Diane Keaton.  Don't know why I went to see the film, I dislike Woody Allen and Gershwin music, but love Diane Keaton.  Fell asleep in middle of the film; I was 37 yrs old at the time and it had to be really boring for me to fall asleep in the middle.....

There are other films that I thought were horrible, but this is the one that I remember the most!

Trusted Contributor

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Respected Contributor

This one is going way back... "Seven" with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt.  

It was so gruesome and disgusting that even Brad Pitt couldn't make it watchable for me.    

Regular Contributor

@BettyNewbie wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I rarely watch movies... but I remember Titannic was awful.... worse acting ever. I never made it to the end.  

Mine too.  And not just for the acting.  I've collected books on the Titanic for a long time.  That plot was so stupid and unrealistic and Spielberg got pretty much everything wrong. 

Even the stars in the sky.  Neil DeGrass Tyson (bless him) let Spielberg know it and he re-edited the film so the stars would be right and now that's the only thing that's right in the movie.

Laughable to think a second- or third-class passenger would be allowed in first class.  Ridiculous.  And there are so many compelling true stories, why did he waste the movie on that junk?!?!

Spielberg got absolutely nothing wrong in this movie....lol.....and Tyson never said a word....hahahaaaa

Spielberg had nothing to do with Titanic, it was written and directed by James Cameron.  I loved the movie, so romantic.  I wasn't expecting a documentary, but a love story with great special effects.  By the way, I once knew a Titanic survivor, she had a great story to tell and lead an interesting life.

Honored Contributor

Spielberg?  lol.

Valued Contributor

My DH and I went to the theater to see District 9 quite a few years ago, and it was so bad for me, that I switched to another movie in the theater (I think it was Time Traveler's Wife which was good).

Most of those chain-saw type horror movies are awful. Never could watch, even though it was on TV and not theater.

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Dirty Grandpa...this was on about 2 weeks ago and I didn't get through the first 15 minutes. I thought it was disgusting.

I have no idea what DeNiro was thinking when he accepted this script ...and then he made Dirty Grandpa 2...go figure.

@DREAMON- I agree. That was one horrible movie, but I actually watched the whole thing, thinking that Robert DeNiro would get better. OMG he was so disgusting in this film. I think he must have done it because he lost a bet! And I hated that actress; I think her name was Aubrey Plaza. I kept calling her a ****** throughout the whole movie.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@Katluver925 wrote:

@BettyNewbie wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I rarely watch movies... but I remember Titannic was awful.... worse acting ever. I never made it to the end.  

Mine too.  And not just for the acting.  I've collected books on the Titanic for a long time.  That plot was so stupid and unrealistic and Spielberg got pretty much everything wrong. 

Even the stars in the sky.  Neil DeGrass Tyson (bless him) let Spielberg know it and he re-edited the film so the stars would be right and now that's the only thing that's right in the movie.

Laughable to think a second- or third-class passenger would be allowed in first class.  Ridiculous.  And there are so many compelling true stories, why did he waste the movie on that junk?!?!

Spielberg got absolutely nothing wrong in this movie....lol.....and Tyson never said a word....hahahaaaa

Spielberg had nothing to do with Titanic, it was written and directed by James Cameron.  I loved the movie, so romantic.  I wasn't expecting a documentary, but a love story with great special effects.  By the way, I once knew a Titanic survivor, she had a great story to tell and lead an interesting life.

@Katluver925  Sorry!!!  Wow, I made a huge, embarrassing mistake.  Ironic since he and Cameron have been longstanding rivals.  Thanks for correcting me with class.

@BettyNewbiedon't know what's up with the nasty hahaha's, all you had to do was correct me with class like Katluver did but you chose not to -- and you're dead wrong, Neil DeGrasse Tyson absolutely told Cameron his sky was wrong and silly (one image, doubled) and Cameron re-edited the movie.  

Honored Contributor

@Katluver925, the person you knew, was she well known?  First class, second? 

I'm glad you enjoyed it and that unlike two others you didn't feel the need to belittle me for a mistake.  

As I said upthread I am very interested in anything Titanic.  So the accuracy matters to me.  Cameron's movie was a million miles from accurate.  There are people who have even worked out that Jack would have fit on the door.   But the bottom line is he would have never, ever been allowed to go above his deck nor would she have been allowed or motivated to go down.

Walter Lord's book "A Night to Remember" and the movie made from it are quite accurate, even though the ship had not been discovered. That's because "A Night to Remember"  used the testimony from the official inquiry of survivors.  Ironically those who testified the ship broke in half were said to be mixed up because of the darkness or just misremembering, but they were proved right in the end.  

The only thing that doesn't interest me about the Titanic are the objects that were stolen from the watery grave of 1500 people.  It makes me sick that a for-profit company looted her and has put people's personal items, even their jewelry, and everything else on display and sold some to private collectors.  To me it's like looting a corpse.

Would love to know about the person you  met, if you don't mind saying.

Respected Contributor

There have been many movies I sat through waiting for it to get better, they never did.  They didn't leave any impression, so I don't remember their titles!