Esteemed Contributor

Re: the worst movie I ever saw...

Meet Joe Black.................yawn

Love Story.........................just dumb

Ground Hog Day...............wins stupid....

Super Contributor

American Beauty.  How that movie won an oscar is beyond comprehension.

Super Contributor

@Citrine1Agreed.  I didn't understand one thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Bob & Carol, Ted, and Alice

I totally agree! UGH! I watched it one night because I love Natalie Wood but OMG....it wasn't just dated, it was horrid.

Respected Contributor

Hi Esme and all -

Without a doubt, the worst movie I have ever seen is Chicago.  Yes, it is.

Butch and I were datng and rented the movie (yes Blockbuster was still around back then.)   He fell asleep, I wish I would have.  But being we paid full price Woman LOL, I watched it all.

Hated it.

Respected Contributor

@sharonamarina wrote:

Citizen Kane

I've tried to watch Citizen Kane probably 4 or 5 times and don't get it.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Roger Rabbit - I wanted to walk out.

Esteemed Contributor

How about Last Tango in Paris? Did anyone understand it?

I saw it when I was almost 30, but none of it made any sense. I do understand it better now (the butter??) but even so, it really stunk!

Same thing with Mondo Cane. Beautiful theme song, terrible movie.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Katluver925 wrote:

@BettyNewbie wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Katluver925  Sorry!!!  Wow, I made a huge, embarrassing mistake.  Ironic since he and Cameron have been longstanding rivals.  Thanks for correcting me with class.

@BettyNewbiedon't know what's up with the nasty hahaha's, all you had to do was correct me with class like Katluver did but you chose not to -- and you're dead wrong, Neil DeGrasse Tyson absolutely told Cameron his sky was wrong and silly (one image, doubled) and Cameron re-edited the movie.  

I laugh when i am amused and choose exert the effort.......hahahahahaaaa.......gotta nap now....too much laughing

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Katluver925, the person you knew, was she well known?  First class, second? 

I'm glad you enjoyed it and that unlike two others you didn't feel the need to belittle me for a mistake.  

As I said upthread I am very interested in anything Titanic.  So the accuracy matters to me.  Cameron's movie was a million miles from accurate.  There are people who have even worked out that Jack would have fit on the door.   But the bottom line is he would have never, ever been allowed to go above his deck nor would she have been allowed or motivated to go down.

Walter Lord's book "A Night to Remember" and the movie made from it are quite accurate, even though the ship had not been discovered. That's because "A Night to Remember"  used the testimony from the official inquiry of survivors.  Ironically those who testified the ship broke in half were said to be mixed up because of the darkness or just misremembering, but they were proved right in the end.  

The only thing that doesn't interest me about the Titanic are the objects that were stolen from the watery grave of 1500 people.  It makes me sick that a for-profit company looted her and has put people's personal items, even their jewelry, and everything else on display and sold some to private collectors.  To me it's like looting a corpse.

Would love to know about the person you  met, if you don't mind saying.

Hi @LoriLori - did you read Midnight Watch: A Novel of the Titanic and the Californian? Although fictional, it is based on fact and I was horrified to discover that the captain and a few crew members of the Californian, another ship in the area, actually saw the distress rockets but chose to ignore them. The book was very good, albeit a little long.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett