Respected Contributor

Re: the worst movie I ever saw...

Striptease with Demi Moore & dearly departed Burt Reynolds.  

Rinestone with Dolly Pardon & Sly Stallone

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw Predator just with past weekend on a cable staton here. It was awful but I was sad because it could have been so much better, it was an interesting story.

Super Contributor

Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am embarassed to even type the name but here goes 'Bad Santa'...it was Thanksgiving weekend, we were out of town, by ourselves and thought we'd like to see a movie....OMG it was terrible and the language oh my......we walked out.

Esteemed Contributor

Contrary to all the rave reviews, the most recent worst movie that I ever saw was this past weekend...."The Shape Of Water"....I can't believe that it won an Oscar for best movie of the year...just really bad!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I quit going to movies about ten years ago, but in a three-way-tie for first are: 

Dune

Dances With Wolves

Straw Dogs

Yes, I know old, but AWFUL!  LOL!!!

Valued Contributor

@MyShadowLove  My niece watched that movie this past weekend also.  She said she didn't know what she was watching.  One of the reasons I rarely go by what the critics say.  So many movies are  Oscar winners that I thought stunk.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bootsanne wrote:

@MyShadowLove  My niece watched that movie this past weekend also.  She said she didn't know what she was watching.  One of the reasons I rarely go by what the critics say.  So many movies are  Oscar winners that I thought stunk.

@bootsanne...Exactly!...I felt the same way as I was watching it and kept wondering..."what am I missing here"...and realized that I wasn't missing a darn thing....It was totally absurd and moronic...a piece of cr*p really!...lol

(my description wasn't accepted by the mods so I had to add an * for one lettter...lol)

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Occasional Contributor

Citizen Kane

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cookinfreak wrote:

Really dating myself with this one, but it was Chariots of Fire. Won all kinds of awards. I tried to watch 3 different times, and never made it past the first 15 or 20 minutes. It was soooo bad.

cookin

I dragged my husband to see this when we were first dating.

He still talks about how it was the worst movie he ever saw.  He won't let me forget it.

For me, though, it was Mall Rats.  It was part of a series of movies I saw offered by Rutgers University, the movies were not yet released in theaters.  One of the "rules" was that you NOT leave the theatre for any reason whatsoever, once the movie started.  Well, after about 30 minutes of this awful movie, I thought I would go crazy.  I broke the "rule" and left with the friend I was attending this thing with.  Could NOT have stayed a minute longer.