Valued Contributor

Is there any way I can watch the soaps when the trials are on  Im going nuts  I tried On Demand

Honored Contributor

On demand is probably your best option.  My mother is going nuts too.

Honored Contributor

You can stream them from the network on the following day.  I'm not sure what happened today because I wasn't home, but I know yesterday my Soap was broadcast at 1:07 am when they normally run a re-run of the Hoda & Jenna Today show.  I had to watch 30 minutes of the trials to get that little tidbit crawling across the bottom of the screen.  I did hear on the news last night that the Soap that would've aired on that channel (ABC) would air today at it's regular time.  I'm not sure who makes those decisions whether to run them overnight or delay until the following day.  I do wish they would be more forthcoming about when these shows will be aired when they get pre-empted.  At the very least they could post it on their social media pages.

Esteemed Contributor

Real life events are far more dramatic than the soaps -at this moment in time...

Super Contributor

Days Of Our Lives shows up about 7pm (pacific time) on NBC.com. I don't know about the others.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC political

Esteemed Contributor

I check their CBS online site. It shows the last date and a summary

of the last show that aired. Of course you can view that show too.

Can't wait until Bold and Beautiful is back on. 

Trusted Contributor

The interruptions of daytime TV are ridiculous with so many other news channels out there.  Don't most folks work during the day anyway?

Have you all noticed that at 5 PM programming goes

back to regular shows including nighttime even though the trials go long into the night? That's what aggravates me the most. 

If a football game was on in the daytime there would be no interruptions. lol.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

The interruptions of daytime TV are ridiculous with so many other news channels out there.  Don't most folks work during the day anyway?

Have you all noticed that at 5 PM programming goes

back to regular shows including nighttime even though the trials go long into the night? That's what aggravates me the most. 

If a football game was on in the daytime there would be no interruptions. lol.

@Pink123 , I thnk the reasoning may be that thre are still people who don't have access to cable/satellite TV and therefore access to the news channels.  They rely on over-the-air signals to get their local affiliates.  

I do agree about most people being at work or maybe sleeping if they have late night shift work.  But, there has never seemed to be any hesitation to pre-empt Soaps for whatever reason.  I can't answer your question as to why they go back to regular programming in the evenings even if the trials are still going on.  

And I agree about football games.  That ship sailed back when I was a child and they interrupted the end of a football game that went over schedule because Heidi was scheduled.  There was huge backlash after that and it has never happened again.

Honored Contributor

It's unnecessary. I don't know too many people glued to this event. Those who are tend to select the cable news channel of their choice. If they really feel it's necessary, the networks could extend the evening news to offer a recap. One of the local PBS stations is also repeating the events of the day, such as they are, in the evening. Even those without cable access usually have some alternative for viewing this if interested. 

I have no idea if the soaps I, more or less, loosely follow will pick up where they left off or if they're being shown in some alternative fashion. One thing the networks might do better is provide that information and do so on the air. Just as not everyone has cable, not everyone is seeking out information about viewing options by social media.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...