Honored Contributor

Wow.  Just watched some of these shows.  They take so many people with them and have all these opinions.  Man.  But so many beautiful dresses.

How'd you choose your dress?

Honored Contributor

Re: t.v.: Say yes to the dress.

I just had my mom with me. Wonderful time. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Wow.  Just watched some of these shows.  They take so many people with them and have all these opinions.  Man.  But so many beautiful dresses.

How'd you choose your dress?

I went all by myself, and my aunt went by herself to pick my dress up after it was tailored.

I used to love this show but I've tired it of a little.

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen this show in a while.  Don't know if my cable company (Optimum/Cablevision) is carrying it any longer or if it was moved to a different time slot/channel.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

It was just my mom and myself.... I think too many people make it too confusing!  Especially if 'the enterouge" have strong opinions Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Went with my friend / maid of honor and found my dress on clearance....$100.  My double tiered pearl crown and veil was also on clearance for $50.  Since I paid for it myself, I was extremely happy to have found something so elegant.  This was 1967 and I was a size 10 !

There was a lace-inset floor length cape that was kept on by two lace straps over the shoulder.

I donated the dress and cape to a wedding thrift shop a few years ago.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I used to watch this show all the time.  The drama and problems usually (but not always) arise  from the entourage the bride brings....................and then Randy and the consultant swoop in and save the day.  Most always a happy ending with no knives, guns or arrests. LOL 

Honored Contributor

Wow -  I forgot about that show, but I gave up on it long ago.  I especially disliked the larger groups offering opinions -  often reminded me of the interaction on the Housewives shows.  Don't like any of those either.

I got married in a dress my mom helped me pick out.  At the time she didn't know when I was going to wear it, but I knew if her seamstress eye approved, it was fine!

Valued Contributor

I went by myself. For the final fitting I had my parents there.

Honored Contributor

I made my dress...satin and lace....cost me $45!

I have never seen the show....but I imagine it is like anything else on so-called reality TV....drama added in for effect!  LOL