Honored Contributor

swister swap movies on hallmark....did anyone watch?

did anyone watch the SISTER SWAP christmas movies that hallmark featured?

did you catch former QVC host DAVE KING in one of the main roles? he is listed as DAVID L KING.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: swister swap movies on hallmark....did anyone watch?

@sunshine45 

I tried, I lasted about 15-20 minutes and couldn't continue, it was the one from 2020 I think.

Frequent Contributor

yes, I thought that was him, so I checked the credits.

Honored Contributor

I watched 20 minutes of the first one and noticed Dave immediately.  I Googled it to make sure it was him.  I really wanted to continue watching it because I liked him so much as a host.  I just couldn't get interested in it.

I still have it recorded and also recorded the second one.  Did you like it @sunshine45 ?  I may try again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Yes, I did see him but I found the movie boring and could not watch anymore.  But David King looked really good and he was playing a father who had not seen his daughter for sometime. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, and I knew he looked familiar...but didn't make it through the first and haven't attempted the second yet.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@sunshine45 

I tried, I lasted about 15-20 minutes and couldn't continue, it was the one from 2020 I think.

@rockygems123 

they were both new movies for the 2021 hallmark holiday season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I watched 20 minutes of the first one and noticed Dave immediately.  I Googled it to make sure it was him.  I really wanted to continue watching it because I liked him so much as a host.  I just couldn't get interested in it.

I still have it recorded and also recorded the second one.  Did you like it @sunshine45 ?  I may try again.

@NickNack 

let me preface this by saying that this time of the year i like almost anything from hallmark that isnt too intense and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

the sisters really have a great chemistry together.....they are fun to watch. i think the first may have been a bit better than the second.

i did enjoy both movies and there are some repetitive scenes as each movie tells a story about each sister, but during the same period of time, seeing some of the same characters, and each with a different "problem" to fix by christmas. Smiley Wink and of course, some romance squeezed in.

Honored Contributor

oh and DAVE KING looked GOOD, as always!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack 

let me preface this by saying that this time of the year i like almost anything from hallmark that isnt too intense and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

the sisters really have a great chemistry together.....they are fun to watch. i think the first may have been a bit better than the second.

i did enjoy both movies and there are some repetitive scenes as each movie tells a story about each sister, but during the same period of time, seeing some of the same characters, and each with a different "problem" to fix by christmas. Smiley Wink and of course, some romance squeezed in.

Thank you @sunshine45 .  I think I'm going to start from the beginning and try to watch it again.  I enjoy most of the Hallmark holiday movies, too.  I don't know why I couldn't get into this one.  I watched 20 minutes and didn't know what was going on.  I just couldn't concentrate on it.

I really like Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Dave King, so I'll give it another try.  I've never been a big Ashley Williams fan.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau