Valued Contributor

I just want to make sure Bold and beautiful ans young and restless were not on all week I also want your suggestions for adding on another soap  I want to try to get into another one  What would you choose

Honored Contributor

No, with the hearings, the two CBS shows were not on. Most people say General Hospital has the best stories currently. 

Super Contributor

I watch all 4 with my fave being Days of our Lives.

Honored Contributor

sometimes they run them later in the day

or perhaps on youtube

Honored Contributor

@doolie does Dr. Rolf bringing characters back from the dead bother you? It's my biggest compliant about Days.

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie  I've been checking out all the soaps trying to find one to replace the CBS soaps that I've decided aren't worth watching right now. I've watched both General Hospital and Days of Our Lives for a while and I've sort of chosen to continue with General Hospital. It's not without its own set of drawbacks, but it's a bit more compelling than the CBS soaps and not nearly as off the wall as Days of Our Lives. When Days sticks to reality in their story telling it can be decent viewing, but they go off on ridiculous tangents too often for me. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I loved One Life to Live!  I only watch General Hospital and its usually good.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

I miss the good ol days.  As the world turns and Guiding Light.  

Honored Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

I miss the good ol days.  As the world turns and Guiding Light.  

Anybody out there remember Capitol and Somerset, Birght Promise, or the earlier days of Another World and Days... and on and on... Along with the two you mention, @Infinite Mom 47, there used to be some good daytime viewing... What we're left with now pales badly by comparison.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I gave up soap operas in 1999 when we got satellite TV, and have never looked back.   

At that time, I kept up with Days, and General Hospital, but in years past had been a fan of Ryan's Hope, Edge of Night, The Doctors, Another World, Texas, etc.   As soon as the storylines got ridiculous, I just let go and walked away.