Honored Contributor

Re: so sad: Anthony Bourdain has committed suicide

@Trinity11, and I you.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori, hang in there & don't let the another poster make you feel you've done something wrong when you haven't. After all, you're not the one who brought the dead horse to the thread. 

@ScarletDove, I, too, think it was wonderful that you shared what you were compelled to share but I don't see where anyone was trying to run you off. If you feel uncomfortable because of another's reply to you that's your call. But as another poster said, don't let a difference of opinion keep you from posting unless that's really what you want. I certainly don't think Lori would want that.

This is a general comment and not in regard to this thread but to many threads I've read lately.

Frankly, I'm tired of reading about how only certain people should post on certain topics and have opinions based on a litmus test to which my results are no one else's business. That is, unless I choose to share them. It's not just a thread like this one, but it's any thread on any subject where one person's personal experiences and opinions are measured by a someone else's yardstick. 

My feeling is this, say what's on your mind (as long as your not disrespectful) and don't concern yourself with what someone thinks of your opinion. You're you, and if you're happy with you, that's what matters. It's your life and we've seen here in the past week it can be brief. If you have something to say, say it. Don't let someone else be the captain of your ship. 

As to @Trinity11's deleted post, I read it and thought it was lovely. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2   Heart     I know I did nothing wrong.  We're all grown-ups (hopefully!) who have the right to choose what parts if any of our lives to share and what not to.  I do feel bad others won't read that beautiful post.  It really was lovely and so appropos.  Oh well.