Honored Contributor

so sad: Anthony Bourdain has committed suicide

Another suicide.   Alysn Camerota has been a pro but you can see from her eyes she's crying on the commercial breaks.

I loved his show on CNN.  It was so fun.  Part food, part travelogue, part just plain cool.  There was nothing he didn't eat and no culture he didn't respect, American and foreign. 

Whether eating roadkill with families in Appalachia or strange and sometimes foul things all over the world, he tried everything, he respected everyone he met everywhere, he lived life to the fullest.

He will be missed.  So sad.

Honored Contributor

Re: so sad: Anthony Bourdain has committed suicide

My husband and I enjoyed watching his shows, he was so fun and adventurous...He ate things I wouldn't dream of trying, but that was the draw his ability to be adventurous and connect with different cultures all over the world....So Sad!

Honored Contributor

WOW.  I can not believe it.... he was so amazing on his show.  I will truely miss him.

Honored Contributor

My goodness this is so hard to believe.  He seemed so full of life and I thought he loved living it to the fullest.  My son told me once that one of Anthony's favorite things is to disguise himself then go through all the bad for you drive thru windows for a macaroni and cheese fix.  Just loves it so much he wanted all varieties he could find.  I thought that was an adorable story how you never know who might be in the car in front of you at KFC.  He will be missed by so very many.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

He hanged himself.  

The girl on CNN said that he was an introvert.  

I thought his new show was too taxing.  He was quoted as  saying he was surprised he lived to be 30.  

May he rest in peace.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my,,,he hanged himself ?

I was not familiar with his work but my husband watched him often.

It sounds like he was quite talented.

Another person in crisis and pain. 

It goes to show you..........WE DO NOT KNOW THE STRUGGLES IN WHICH ONE IS GOING THRU, HAVE IT BE A CELEB, A NEIGHBOR, A CHECK OUT GIRL AT YOUR LOCAL STORE, ..SO MAYBE IF WE JUST SHOW SIMPLE KINDNESS TO SOMEONE EVERY DAY, YOU NEVER KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ONE CAN MAKE.

Rest in peace now Mr Bourdain !

Honored Contributor

R.I.P.

R.I.P.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

😓😓😓

so so sad i just heard the news.  

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

He hanged himself.  

The girl on CNN said that he was an introvert.  

I thought his new show was too taxing.  He was quoted as  saying he was surprised he lived to be 30.  

May he rest in peace.

@newname0   He had a difficult time in his youth.. addictied to Heroin and other drugs and alcohol..... he fought those demons. He said he was surprised that the drugs did not kill him years ago.  

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I didn't care for him or his style but I feel sorry that he committed suicide. And I'm so so sorry for his 11 year old daughter.