Honored Contributor

Re: so Kim Karsdashian gave herself baby shower

I don't particularly care for the entire family.  That said, she's got the money and I suppose it's not wrong to want a fuss made over the third that was made over the first.  One day, she'll be able to show the child pics of the shower celebrating the little one's arrival.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

They probably need different stuff and events for their reality TV show.

Valued Contributor

Instead of calling this shower a sprinkling you could could call it a

"Misting"

Trusted Contributor

@Lapdog I like that "misting" LOL..Maybe some day I will go for the "slow leak" shower! LOLOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Stormygirl, 1/2 birthdays? If you hadn't told me you'd been invited to one I wouldn't have believed it. That's just crazy!

Kids are so cute, though, the way they count their age--"I'm 5 and 3/4ths!" Even so, once a year is plenty.

I think people like the Kardashians don't do things the way most of us do. I saw a bit of the preparation for her shower and they had live cherry blossom trees. Everything was pink & white & beautiful. Kim, her family, and friends have so much money I don't think the shower's emphasis was on gifts. As narcissistic as they are (at least they appear to be), I think it was just a celebration to welcome a new baby. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I was under the imperssion that baby showers are ONLY for the first born.  Does she think everyone wants to keep buying her gifts?  I think it is in poor taste unless she states on the invitation "no gifts."  In other words, come for the fun!   Cat Tongue

Poor taste?  HER? Woman LOL