Trusted Contributor

Re: real housewives of potomac.....SEASON 5, 2020....news, spoilers, gossip

@sunshine45 wrote:

i dont know who is still watching this, but that fight was BAD! dont put your hands on anyone. stay and fight verbally or walk away....it is not that difficult.

I agree,  we have seen these little clips all season but when you see the entire event it is pretty shocking.  I am sure Candace can drive you crazy but that was assault.  Monique wouldn't let go and then the producers were trying to keep her away from Monique and then she ran after her.  I think she really would have hurt her if the producers hadn't sent Monique away.  I think the worse part was she seemed to have no remorse and she doesn't think she did anything wrong.  I am guessing from Chris's talk with her that he has maybe seen this type of behavior before?  It was embarrassing for her and her family. I don't know if she was drinking too much,  but I don't see how she got that out of control.  I think she needs to take a time out from the show.  If I was Monique I would not be in the same room as her.

Respected Contributor

I turned this on after I got disgusted by the 90 day fiance tell all.

I'm going to write this and I hope that nobody has it deleted.  I truly mean no harm.

This is just wrong.  I'm mad at Andy Cohen and Bravo for not only showing this, but promoting it.  I really think I am going to send an email to Bravo.  Andy can't have it both ways.  He airs specials on Black Lives Matter and then he shows a scene like this.  Does his not think that showing the stereotypical "angry black woman" is helping to stall the Black Lives Matter movement?  Black Lives Matter can not just matter in terms of policing, but in ALL areas of life.  Andy says he supports this movement, but last night he proved he put his wallet before the movement. 

Lastly, when these reality shows first started, wasn't there a rule that if you put your hands on someone you were immediately fired?  Why doesn't that ever happen on the housewives shows?  Monique and Candiance should both be off the show, I haven't seen anything in the news about that, have any of you?

Finally, Candiance is a former Miss USA....wonderful role model.  They should strip her crown because of the way she acts. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That fight was bad, both my husband and I watched it, and he said oh my gosh how crazy-what is Monique so upset about?

Well I think Monique is very upset that her affair is out there.....She is upset because Candiace is friends with Charisse, and Charisse has told everyone about Monique and her affair with her personal trainer. According to Gizelle this trainer has done this before.

Monique should take some time off and get her marriage back on track, or get counseling or both! I like Monique, I have always liked her, but this was going too far, she should have been like Ashley-fess up to what is going on and be honest!

Candiace on the other hand is an instigator, and needs to stop that behavior also, because you push all the wrong buttons and you eventually are going to come across someone who will just snap like Monique did"! Just stop it and worry about your own marriage! Wow! I wonder how they repair this going forward, if they do? It looks like next week, the ladies all confront Monique......

Trusted Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i dont know who is still watching this, but that fight was BAD! dont put your hands on anyone. stay and fight verbally or walk away....it is not that difficult.

I agree,  we have seen these little clips all season but when you see the entire event it is pretty shocking.  I am sure Candace can drive you crazy but that was assault.  Monique wouldn't let go and then the producers were trying to keep her away from Monique and then she ran after her.  I think she really would have hurt her if the producers hadn't sent Monique away.  I think the worse part was she seemed to have no remorse and she doesn't think she did anything wrong.  I am guessing from Chris's talk with her that he has maybe seen this type of behavior before?  It was embarrassing for her and her family. I don't know if she was drinking too much,  but I don't see how she got that out of control.  I think she needs to take a time out from the show.  If I was Monique I would not be in the same room as her.

My last sentence should have said, if I was Candace, I would not want to be in the same room as Monique. 

Esteemed Contributor

Candiace is the type of person that makes you just want to slap her into the next century BUT  that is something you just don't do  I'd take Monique's side against Candiace any day but she's made me side with Candiace on this one. 

Gizelle's father was comical when he thought he was unmiked and talking about her ex.  I'm all for a happy ending but, honestly, I agree with what he said and I don't think Gizelle and her ex's second chance relationship will last.  Did anyone watch the "Chat Room" after WWHL last night.  I was only half listening to it but I thought it appeared Gizelle and Jamal were still together.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Candiace is the type of person that makes you just want to slap her into the next century BUT  that is something you just don't do  I'd take Monique's side against Candiace any day but she's made me side with Candiace on this one. 

Gizelle's father was comical when he thought he was unmiked and talking about her ex.  I'm all for a happy ending but, honestly, I agree with what he said and I don't think Gizelle and her ex's second chance relationship will last.  Did anyone watch the "Chat Room" after WWHL last night.  I was only half listening to it but I thought it appeared Gizelle and Jamal were still together.  

@shoptilyadropagain Yes that was funny about Gizelle's father, and I don't blame him one bit! I think Jamal has several children by different women all from his church........I don't know how Gizelle can move forward with him........I know that you can forgive, but trust would be a huge problem.......I don't see this working either..Karen and her husband have a long road ahead of them!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45  ITA.  Monique needed to walk away.   IMO she should be fired from the show because there is no excuse for that and she made a comment about killing Candiace. to be fair, Candiace should have gone last year after throwing that knife at Ashley.  But we know they won't be fired because Andy loves this sort of thing.  Look at how the "ladies" on Atlanta act. Candiace reminds me of Kenya.  Always talking and pushing peoples' buttons.

I know Candiace has a mouth and was pushing and pushing and pushing but you don't put your hands on another person.  Monique has had an issue with Candiace since the beginning of the season.   This also isn't the only time Monique has threatened Candiace. Wasn't it last season that she threatened to "drag Candiace, pregnant and all?"  

What is wrong with Gizelle?  She seems like such a strong, confident woman but how can she not see through Jamal?  All those baby mommas, has Gizelle's dad put it, certainly should give her pause for concern.

I felt awful for Karen.   

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I turned this on after I got disgusted by the 90 day fiance tell all.

I'm going to write this and I hope that nobody has it deleted.  I truly mean no harm.

This is just wrong.  I'm mad at Andy Cohen and Bravo for not only showing this, but promoting it.  I really think I am going to send an email to Bravo.  Andy can't have it both ways.  He airs specials on Black Lives Matter and then he shows a scene like this.  Does his not think that showing the stereotypical "angry black woman" is helping to stall the Black Lives Matter movement?  Black Lives Matter can not just matter in terms of policing, but in ALL areas of life.  Andy says he supports this movement, but last night he proved he put his wallet before the movement. 

Lastly, when these reality shows first started, wasn't there a rule that if you put your hands on someone you were immediately fired?  Why doesn't that ever happen on the housewives shows?  Monique and Candiance should both be off the show, I haven't seen anything in the news about that, have any of you?

Finally, Candiance is a former Miss USA....wonderful role model.  They should strip her crown because of the way she acts. 

@Travone , Candiace is a former Miss United States, not Miss USA.  They are 2 different pageants.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Thanks for the info regarding Candiace and Miss United States as opposed to Miss USA. I've never even heard of the Miss United States pageant and have always assumed Candiace was talking about Miss USA.  Learn something new every day!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain , Ashley has made fun of Candiace a few times because Candiace makes such a big deal about the fact that she was Miss United States and it isn't a very well known pageant and Ashley competed in Miss America.   LOL