Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of potomac....3/6/16...."news", spoilers, gossip

[ Edited ]

KATIE ROST.....real housewives of potomac and real model for h by halston. lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I found this:

One of the six women featured on the new Bravo show The Real Housewives of Potomac is Katie Rost. She grew up in Potomac and then moved to New York to launch a successful modeling career. She’s walked the runway for Chanel, starred in commercials for CoverGirl, and is now modeling the Nicole Richie Collection on QVC. When not working, the single mother of three (a 3-year-old son and 14-month-old twin daughters) can be found with her bachelor boyfriend, Andrew Martin.

From this website:

http://2paragraphs.com/2016/01/who-is-katie-rosts-boyfriend-andrew-martin-on-real-housewives-of-poto...

Frequent Contributor

Ashley, I remember because the dresses she tried on were for the club, not a wedding.I remember she discussed marrying her boss. 

I was born with nothing and still have most of that left!
Frequent Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Here she is:  Ashley.  There are pictures of her here in the dress she got for the show:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/128376-who-is-ashley-darby-the-real-housewives-of-potomac-star-is-amb...

Annabelle-Glad she decided on that one, which was not featured on the episode!

I was born with nothing and still have most of that left!
Esteemed Contributor

I read they're looking to add to the cast. I'm thinking they're actually looking to recast a few of them.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower That show is on a loop!  It's always on it seems.  Anyway, maybe they aren't wild enough.  I don't know how they could be compared to the Hollywood or whatever the really rich ones in California are!

Honored Contributor

I do watch this show from time to time, but it's not really that good.  They are one of my least favorite franchises.  The women are so over the top and most everything has to be for the camera.  I can't believe women would act this way.  That Karen is a real piece of work.  Ashley is the only one that I like. 

I'm sure they wouldn't have acted so rude about their accommodations had they not been filmed.  They need drama for the show.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Look, it's ridiculous the way they're trying to make Potomac Maryland so foo foo.

If they really wanted to show movers and makers in our Government (and people with REAL money) they should have gone to St Michael's Island, Maryland.

Many famous government (very high ranking) live there in incredible homes.  They just don't advertise it.

My son-in-law's mother lives there.  Her house was in several interior decorating magazines, etc.  She is a woman working in a man's world.  Her husband is a famous Dr.  Those are people who live in St Michael's.

I think they wanted to show another wealthy (by some standards) African American families.  

I watch the show and kind of like it.  I don't like the way they pass these women off as ding bats, but I guess that's part of the show.  They seem like beautiful, intelligent women to me.

They did the same with NJ housewives. They act like they are successful and wealthy but reality has shown they aren't. They are scammers living off of credit cards.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched last night.  OMG what is wrong with these women?  What a bunch of witches.  Karen knows full well had she not gotten that bedroom she was given, she would have had a fit.

But what a bunch of snots.  I couldn't believe the way they acted.  Very ungrateful.  I'd be more than happy to be invited to someone's beach home for some R&R and stay wherever they put me.  If that meant I had to sleep on the couch, so be it.      

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wonder how these adults feel watching themselves when the show airs. What is up with Katie? She almost seems to be unstable. She wrote a blog presumably for people to read but then she got upset when her friends read the blog and commented on what she had written. That story she told about moving into the guest room of Russell Simmons' home after he returned with her replacement was sad. It also confirmed that this young woman has very low self-esteem which is why she is trying to trap her BF into marrying her and why she flew off when someone didn't agree with her, i.e. the lunch when the more experienced ladies were trying to warn her her money expectations may have been too high for the amount of time she had. On that note - apparently someone is fronting because $100,000 doesn't seem like an unrealistic goal for all these wealthy exclusive people. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.