Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of orange county...9/24/18....news, spoilers, gossip

@bootsanne wrote:

I think the home is beautiful, but at this stage of my life, I want no steps.  I think Tamra probably gets paid decently from Bravo plus their other incomes.  As pretty as that house is, in my area it would probably cost around  $425, 000 with a little bit more land.  As I said earlier, my srepdaughter has a McMansion, 3 floors of living space, a putting green in her back yard, the whole enchilada.  But in 4 years it will only house her and her husband.  Never wanted or envied this kind of house.

I don't envy those with these huge houses either.  I just think of all the work and dusting and cleaning and upkeep, etc.  I'm glad I'm not into a 5000 or 6000 sq foot house.  I have many friends with large homes that are 600 or 700 k in the Indianapolis area, and I would never want the costs of such a home. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

The houses in the DC/Md/Va area are very, very expensive.  

My oldest daughter lives in a very small house right off of RT 66 (goes into DC).  It's worth around $700,000 right now (maybe more).  It's so tiny.

My house is 3,000 sq feet with a 2 car inside garage.  It's valued at less than her's.  It's maybe 1/2 hour from her. My point is location, location...at least here.

Those people on that show don't clean their own homes!  Just like they don't watch their children all of the time (like most of us do or did).  It's just a different life-style.

So, earlier I posted about my daughter's super, super rich friend.  She has 5 children.  The 3 younger one's (the youngest is I believe 12 now (twins), they all have Nannys. My daughter is friends mainly with the Nanny's because they are around the children...

It's all about life-style.  I just had this conversation with a friend.  We were talking about housekeepers.  I know people who have someone that cleans their house.  I used to have someone.  She was great, but she moved away.

Most of these cleaning agencies just do the most minimal house cleaning.  My daughter that lives near me and the one in Florida had housekeepers (well they came twice a month I think).

But my daughters cleaned BEFORE they came!  Otherwise these cleaners spend the allotted time picking up toys and doing needless things.  It just didn't work so they canceled out.

My husband and I would argue about having a housekeeper come.  Good grief!  I didn't work!  I said, "What good am I if I don't clean the house?"

I always felt like he believed what he saw on TV where they get on hands and knees and scrub floor, etc.  NO WAY!  Surface clean!

Now I'm old (with a bad back).  I have lawn maintenance, and a friend who comes in and does chores but she doesn't clean.  Friday she hooked up all of the Blink's (more) and a few other things.  She spends maybe 4 hours.

These rich people have maids that really clean and some are there every day.  They have full time cooks and everything.

If I was married I wouldn't want anyone listening to my husband and I arguing or me yelling (I'm a good yeller) at my kids, etc.

These days even if people sign agreements they STILL blab all of your information and nothing happens to them.

Anyway, it's a different life-style from most of us know.  I assume.

There are houses around me that are huge.  They look like some you see on TV.  I used to talk to the UPS guy and he said some of these people are 'house poor' (can't afford furniture).  Doesn't surprise me.

I've seen some of the picture you guys post.  Some of your houses are absolutely beautiful.  Just because they don't look like mini-mansions doesn't mean anything.

Again, it's all about what's important to each person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bootsanne@winamac1, When I was very young and not married I dreamed of living in a very big grand house. I grew up in a very small row home in the city. 

I would never want to live in a very big home now... I honestly don't even like them.

When we built our home we wanted enough bedrooms for our kids to sleep here and an open floor plan. My just about 3500 sq ft is plenty of room for us. 

We could live in less if we didn't need the 5 bedrooms.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I had never heard about caffeine and the mormon religion so I went and looked it up.  What I found said they are allowed to drink cafeinated beverages and it's a misconception that they cannot have caffeine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Annabellethecat66, I had never heard about caffeine and the mormon religion so I went and looked it up.  What I found said they are allowed to drink cafeinated beverages and it's a misconception that they cannot have caffeine. 

I guess I really don't pay attention because I missed the Mormon husband scene...which OC husband is Mormon?

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I guess I really don't pay attention because I missed the Mormon husband scene...which OC husband is Mormon?

@DREAMON, Emily's husband. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I know what my husband's partner, his family and most of the people who worked for my husband 'practiced'. THEY did not drink caffein.  

They were always teased about the koolaid and other things they drank instead of beverages pertaining caffein.

Here's one website that says it's a gray areahttps://www.answerbag.com/q_view/128

From this website:https://www.christianforums.com/threads/mormons-and-caffeine.7482563/

:BB, some Mormons drink caffeinated beverages, some don't - but they are required to abstain from coffee and tea if they want to qualify for a temple recommend. As has been mentioned, the Word of Wisdom specifies "hot drinks," and that has been defined as coffee and tea by church leaders. Section 89, given in 1833, says it was given "not by commandment or constraint," and it was not officially considered a commandment until 1851. But ever since then it has been a requirement of faithful Latter-day Saints, and that means that yes, drinking iced tea could theoretically keep you out of heaven.

From something called The Mormon Messenger:http://mormonmessenger.com/mormons-dont-drink-coffee/

There is a simple reason why Mormons don’t drink coffee: We believe the prophet Joseph Smith received revelation from God commanding the church to follow a specific diet.  We believe that God blesses us with health and other spiritual blessings for following this commandment.  This is not unusual when you think about it.  God also commanded His people in Biblical times to follow a specific diet.  It’s really as simple as that.

As I mentioned, his wife and her family are high up in the Mormon religion.  It's just like Catholic.  There are still Catholics who eat fish on Friday.

GO here:https://answers.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrJ6R0q1bNb454AbRJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEybjgzZnA0BGNvbG8DY...

I hope I made my point.  As I said, most of the Mormons we came in contact with do not consume caffein....period.