Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of orange county....8/28/17..."news," spoilers, gossip

Oh and Peggy? Can't stand her resting B face. Tamra did a good imitation of her faces she makes. She needs to get stop wearing that bright lipstick. I don't think she is telling us the real truth about her mastectomy and she should tell them it's private instead of making up different stories and telling everyone different things and the press and in her blog. This couple is hiding more than this. I bet their cars are leased or borrowed for the show. I don't believe their wealth at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BabyYoda wrote:

Oh and Peggy? This couple is hiding more than this. I bet their cars are leased or borrowed for the show. I don't believe their wealth at all. 

I have my doubts, too.

Respected Contributor

And those half black & white cars are so UGLY! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't read all the comments.  I'll go back.

I'm not crazy about this Peggy and her cancer storyline. They are trying to spin it to make it seem like she didn't have cancer.  Like she just opted to have a double mastectomy.  Never once has she come right out to any of the women and said she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She keeps saying her mom passed away, she got tested for the BRCA gene and it came back negative, and she had both her breasts removed. None of the women know if she really had cancer or a prophylactic mastectomy.  It's like they are trying to go down the did she or didn't she have cancer road and I don't like it.  And news flash Shannon.  You don't have to test postive for the BRCA gene to get breast cancer like she insinuated.

I'm bored with this show.  I absolutely cannot stand Lydia or her goofball, numbskull of a husband.  It really peeved me off that he was showing the kids the pictures from the Spartan run, knowing it was upsetting the one son, and then sitting there laughing and with a smirk on his face over the son crying. 

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

Sunshine45

What I just read here doesn't jive with what Peggy said on the show. If this is the case, why wouldn't she just say it? It smells. 

perhaps she didnt want to totally reveal what was going on in the show? i would think that if her mother died at a young age from breast cancer, then it is on her mind constantly and she would want to do everything to prevent it from happening to her.

i have to go back and see just exactly what she said about herself in various episodes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@spot555 wrote:

Sunshine45

What I just read here doesn't jive with what Peggy said on the show. If this is the case, why wouldn't she just say it? It smells. 

perhaps she didnt want to totally reveal what was going on in the show? i would think that if her mother died at a young age from breast cancer, then it is on her mind constantly and she would want to do everything to prevent it from happening to her.

i have to go back and see just exactly what she said about herself in various episodes.

Her husband at one point alluded to cancer by saying something along the lines of the doctors finding "this thing" growing in her.  But never once have any of them come right out and said she had cancer.  Is it creative editing?  Can she not bring herself to say the words?  I don't like any of this. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this is the same as what @sunshine45 posted.  I took this from All Things Real Housewives and supposedly it came from Peggy's blog:

I want to clear up my cancer facts…over a span of ten years, I scheduled mammograms and MRI’s every six months, my doctor found a mass in my right breast in the MRI. The immediate response to this news, was to schedule a biopsy. Despite being negative on the BRCA gene testing, the biopsy revealed pre cancerous cells within my right breast. Few weeks later, we scheduled a surgery to remove the 25 mm of mass, and sent the mass to the pathologist. In a matter of weeks, I was told that of the 25 mm removed, 3mm of it was already cancer.

My options were limited to 3 choices: chemo, radiation, or removal of my right breast. To be the safest, I took the measure of removing both breasts instead of limiting myself to just one. I wanted to be as safe as possible, knowing that breast cancer runs in my family. Testing negative for the BRCA gene doesn’t guarantee the chance of not getting cancer. It’s a blessing that I caught the cancer before being aggressive. As of now, I am 100% cancer free. Please stay on top of your appointments in order to dodge this terrible disease. I want to emphasize that testing negative on the BRCA gene does NOT guarantee being free of cancer. Putting your life in the hands of a reconstructive surgeon isn’t easy. It’s a long healing process mentally and physically, but completely worth not living the rest of your life in fear. I’m currently considering becoming active in the cancer communities, in order to offer my advice, hear more stories, and provide emotional support for women encountering the road block in their life.”

Honored Contributor

I finally got to watch the show and agree with everyone that said it was boring. Shannon and her loud mouth drive me crazy! I can't help but wonder if her husband isn't cheating on her again and not actually at the gym every night. I don't see the marriage lasting long term either. And I certainly don't understand Meghan's attitude towards her adorable little baby. Or her deciding that she suddenly needs to begin modeling again. I find her cousin/nanny situation odd too.

Trusted Contributor

O.C. has never been my fav. housewife show but I could watch it and get somewhat interested in it.  Now I cannot even have it on in the background while doing other things.

Could not stand Vicki or Tamra for a long time.  Now Kelly is horrible as is Shannon  and Megan. And this new women is really odd.  Lydia too for that matter.  This show ran it's course seasons ago.  Seems surely there is another group of "real" friends they could start a different show with.

Esteemed Contributor

Another boring episode - I kept nodding off while watching it.

Who was minding Meghan's baby while she and her cousin/nanny were out drinking on St. Pat's day?  For someone who cried about not having a baby, she looks like motherhood is not exciting enough for her.

I think Shannon's marriage is on the rocks. Wouldn't be surprised if she left the show and they separate.