Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of orange county....7/17/17..."news," spoilers, gossip

@winamac1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sabatini, I agree with you about Shannon and David.  I find him to be a smarmy creep but I have to say, listening to that shrill voice everyday would make me want to fling myself right over that cliff their house sits on.  That's probably why that poor dog kept running down the hill!

Maybe that is why they are renting.  For some reason I thought they sold their home and were going to build something else but were renting in the meant time?  Maybe that's not right and they had intended on renting all along.  I just seem to recall her not being super happy with that house and the layout and space.  

@Lipstickdiva, I don't remember them saying they wanted to build. All I recall is Shannon complaining that their house had sold, & they didn't have much time to pack up & find a new place - so they decided to rent something in the interim.

IS this the same house from last season? The interior looks different to me - like more of a wide, open space.

Did S&D buy the rental house, or one close by? Because, would Shannon hire their feng shui decorator, if the house is just a rental?

BTW, what a load of c*rap from the feng shui lady.

I can't believe the way Shannon buys into it!

Did you hear when the woman said that they should'nt use the decor items from their previous house?

Who'd like to bet that Shannon will have to buy new items through Ms. Feng Shui herself?

$Cha-ching$!

I think they are renting as they probably aren't sure about their marriage.  For some reason, I don't think it's financial issues.  I think it's because their relationship is so unstable.  She has or had money from the family business--I Magnin.  I went to their store in either Boston or San Fran many years ago.  I would imagine his business is still doing well.  I just think they probably know they will divorce.  Their new house is ugly.  The other house was huge but nice inside.  

@winamac1

shannon is not part of the i magnin family. her grandfather (robert edward shannon) was a president and ceo of i magnin for a few years.....1968-1972.

davids dad started their construction business and david joined in. THAT business has been highly successful.....beador construction, inc.

I Magnin is no longer in business.  If her grandfather was CEO of I Magnin, then it was in the family for awhile.  That's all I meant.  

I'm not quite sure what your point is.

I do think David's business is successful.

my point was was that they are not a part of the imagnin family. her grandfather was an employee for a few years. i remember the store also.....used to shop from their catalogs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Meghan complains about being a mother after all she went through to get pregnant. Poor baby will one day see this footage of her mother. She should not say anything negative about being a new mother and she should hire help if she is burnt. She is lucky her husband really is taking an interest in raising their daughter since he wasn't around for his other kids. 

Yes, @BabyYoda, I, too, was surprised. She didn't look very happy. And to complain, like the baby was just too much trouble for her. That was awful. And then squeezing the baby in tight clothes and shoes. I felt sorry for the baby. She was more interested in a "pretty" baby than a happy baby.

@febe1 & @BabyYoda, ITA w/ you two.

When Meghan spoke in her diary session about her new baby, I was actually shocked to see the expression on her face, and that she was even at a loss for words on how to describe new motherhood....in a favorable way.

OMG, did she think she was having a kitten that could basically take care of itself, or a puppy that she could cart around in a Louis Vuitton doggie purse?!

Wow.

It made me think of back when Vickie & another HW (Tamara?) had argued w/ Meghan about children.

Meg had said that she loved her stepkids as if they were her own, & others said "It's not the same".

At the time, I'd defended Meghan, saying that you CAN most certainly love a step child or an adopted child just as much as a child you'd given birth to.

Naturally, I still do believe that, but now that Meg has given birth, maybe she actually loves the stepkids more than her own!

She got to skip the work & reality of raising a child!

I'm really disappointed in her.

Good points!  I don't know how Meghan feels so overwhelmed when she only has one child and does not work.

My mother raised 9 children.  She had 9 in 15 years.  She also ran my father's court reporting business and never complained about how busy she was.

Meghan is spoiled and feels entitled to whine.  I never liked her, and I like her less now.  She "stuffed' that little girl in the uncomfortable outfit for her liking.  At least her husband was cognizant of the possiblity that it probably wasn't comfortable for the baby.  He's got a lot more sense than she does.  

I'm a bit disgusted.  She views that child as if she is a toy doll!  

I loved hearing about your mom, @winamac1!

TY for sharing.

...and that was back before microwaves, fast food for supper, etc., etc., etc.

Our mothers worked their ******es off, that's for darn sure.

I really am surprised at the superficiality of Meghan where her daughter is concerned. I thought she had more substance.

Guess I figured that since she went through all of those fertility treatments, she was fully aware of the aspects of parenting.

It's way too soon to call, because people do change, but if Meghan doesn't, I wonder what kind of a relationship they'll have?

As they say, 'be careful what you ask for...'

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Meghan complains about being a mother after all she went through to get pregnant. Poor baby will one day see this footage of her mother. She should not say anything negative about being a new mother and she should hire help if she is burnt. She is lucky her husband really is taking an interest in raising their daughter since he wasn't around for his other kids. 

Yes, @BabyYoda, I, too, was surprised. She didn't look very happy. And to complain, like the baby was just too much trouble for her. That was awful. And then squeezing the baby in tight clothes and shoes. I felt sorry for the baby. She was more interested in a "pretty" baby than a happy baby.

When Meghan spoke in her diary session about her new baby, I was actually shocked to see the expression on her face, and that she was even at a loss for words on how to describe new motherhood....in a favorable way.

OMG, did she think she was having a kitten that could basically take care of itself, or a puppy that she could cart around in a Louis Vuitton doggie purse?!

Wow.

It made me think of back when Vickie & another HW (Tamara?) had argued w/ Meghan about children.

Meg had said that she loved her stepkids as if they were her own, & others said "It's not the same".

At the time, I'd defended Meghan, saying that you CAN most certainly love a step child or an adopted child just as much as a child you'd given birth to.

Naturally, I still do believe that, but now that Meg has given birth, maybe she actually loves the stepkids more than her own!

I was shocked, @sabatini. I thought maybe she was just "in love" with the idea of having her own child. She didn't sound like she was aware of the work required.

While hubby, Jim, he looked absolutely in love with the baby.

Hope Meghan doesn't have post-partum depression?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last week I thought  it was strange when they were showing Meghan with the baby and Jim said the outfit she was putting on the baby was too tight and then Meghan asked the baby if it hurt then she said to the baby beauty is pain.

Maybe Meghan is dealing with post partum depression -- wasn't she having issues with depression during her pregnancy? 

I hope that if she is, she gets some help. 

Edited to add -- I haven't watched this episode yet.

Respected Contributor

There was a time I had one child and no job - you still want to pull your hair out sometimes and look at the clock not knowing if it is 4:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. Smiley Surprised  I took Meghan's confessionals to be tongue in cheek.

@sunshine45 I read something on previously tv about the supposed "real" reason Heather quit the show.  You usually have all the scoop - you haven't seen anything about Terry's alleged affair?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sabatini wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Wow.

Good points!  I don't know how Meghan feels so overwhelmed when she only has one child and does not work.

My mother raised 9 children.  She had 9 in 15 years.  She also ran my father's court reporting business and never complained about how busy she was.

Meghan is spoiled and feels entitled to whine.  I never liked her, and I like her less now.  She "stuffed' that little girl in the uncomfortable outfit for her liking.  At least her husband was cognizant of the possiblity that it probably wasn't comfortable for the baby.  He's got a lot more sense than she does.  

I'm a bit disgusted.  She views that child as if she is a toy doll!  

I loved hearing about your mom, @winamac1!

TY for sharing.

...and that was back before microwaves, fast food for supper, etc., etc., etc.

Our mothers worked their ******es off, that's for darn sure.

I really am surprised at the superficiality of Meghan where her daughter is concerned. I thought she had more substance.

Guess I figured that since she went through all of those fertility treatments, she was fully aware of the aspects of parenting.

It's way too soon to call, because people do change, but if Meghan doesn't, I wonder what kind of a relationship they'll have?

As they say, 'be careful what you ask for...'

Thank you so much!  Yes, my mother raised 9 children and had no housekeeper, nanny, babysitter, etc.  She was trying to grow my father's business running it out of our home while tending to children--cooking and cleaning.  You made a great point--we had no microwave and probably no dishwasher for many years.

Meghan has absolutely no reason to be overwhelmed. It truly is a bit disgusting.  It shows how shallow, spoiled and vapid she is.  I never was a fan and as I stated earlier, I'm less of a fan.  

I think she's annoying too.  And people who annoy me....just annoy me.Woman LOLMan Surprised

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

There was a time I had one child and no job - you still want to pull your hair out sometimes and look at the clock not knowing if it is 4:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. Smiley Surprised  I took Meghan's confessionals to be tongue in cheek.

@sunshine45 I read something on previously tv about the supposed "real" reason Heather quit the show.  You usually have all the scoop - you haven't seen anything about Terry's alleged affair?

Try having 9 children in 15 years--while growing a business.Man SurprisedWoman LOLWoman Very Happy

Yes, we all handle things differently.

Meghan also has a husband who appears hands' on and she looks to have plenty of money.  She doesn't appear to want for much.  She probably has other help too--cleaning woman, etc.

Sorry, I can't feel sorry for her--not one iota.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@VanSleepy

i have heard some (very little) about dr terry having an affair. not really sure i believed any of it. will have to see if any of the sites i read had anything about it. i tend to think that there were a number of factors involved in getting out of the housewives franchise......dr terry being so busy with his work and show botched, their successfull line of skincare on evine (i wonder if they are expanding it?), her podcast, not being able to film in their new home, AND her children becoming teenagers. we have all seen some really messed up teenagers on these shows and i think that maybe they want to shield them from that......and i would not blame them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy, I read something about that on Reality Tea.

It said that Terry had an affair w/ a coworker, & when it was discovered, the woman was paid 'six figures' to go away - in order for the Dubrows to maintain their perfect couple persona.

BTW, it also mentioned that that was one of the reasons that the trip to the airport was so nasty & out of control when the HWs were on the way to the airport after their Ireland trip.

Remember how even Heather went after Kelley D?

Apparently, Kelley had dropped that little tidbit during the ride & Heather went ballistic.

Supposedly, the Dubrows forced Bravo to edit out that part.

Who knows what's true?

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

Try having 9 children in 15 years--while growing a business.Man SurprisedWoman LOLWoman Very Happy

Yes, we all handle things differently.

Meghan also has a husband who appears hands' on and she looks to have plenty of money.  She doesn't appear to want for much.  She probably has other help too--cleaning woman, etc.

Sorry, I can't feel sorry for her--not one iota.  

Your mom was impressive, @winamac1! NINE children - God bless her. 😇

Muddling through...