Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of orange county....10/22/18....news, spoilers, gossip

I like Shannon. My first thought after watching the show last night was that perhaps she is going through menopause. With all the stress she has to deal with and taking into consideration her age, it makes sense to me. She definitely needs help, but not from the vodka.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

Shannon is so self-centered. She's one of those people who always has to be the victim. I can understand why Tamra went off on her - I would have done the same thing. 

Someone please get Vicky a stylist and explain to her that she's not doing herself any favors by wearing all the low cut, see through stuff. . She could look very nice and sexy if she wore the right clothes for her body. 

I'm liking Kelly this year -- especially when she's with her daughter. She was spot on when she said that Shannon needs to get a reality check and stop crying about how bad she has it when there are so many far worse off. 

I like Emily and hope she continues on the show. Gina is ok but she may be a pot stirrer. 

If Vicky and Shannon have to be on the show, I wish they would tone it down some. The two of them (especially Shannon) are way too loud. 

Respected Contributor

Gina may always say the truth by saying it as she sees it and watching the pot be stirred.

She and Shannon are both on the jury and judging circumstance but both are always making it a hung jury..

No matter how she describes herself Shannon is not a contented person. She may be in menopause and HRT probably would not be good for her emotional state. She wanted to stay married to David and resents the divorce. Kelly seems to be second guessing her choice of divorce.

Tamra is missing the spot light.

It is yada, yada for all.

The show is still jumping the shark and the shark should bite one or two.

Respected Contributor

Tamara said Shannon calls her all hours of the day & night. Even Eddie is fed up with the phone calls. Tamara also said if she doesn't get me then she calls Vicki & Kelly to complain. That would drive me insane for someone to call me all the time to complain about her life. 

Honored Contributor

Shannon is having a hard time adjusting because she was a pampered princess who never had to do anything before. They all said David did everything from taking the kids to school to paying the bills and everything in between.  Now Shannon has to do it all and doesn't know how to cope.  Welcome to the real world Shannon.

Not excusing David's affair at all but it has to get tiresome being married to someone that is more like a child than an adult when it comes to taking care of things.  Who wants to be married to someone who can't/won't do anything for themself? 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Shannon is having a hard time adjusting because she was a pampered princess who never had to do anything before. They all said David did everything from taking the kids to school to paying the bills and everything in between.  Now Shannon has to do it all and doesn't know how to cope.  Welcome to the real world Shannon.

Not excusing David's affair at all but it has to get tiresome being married to someone that is more like a child than an adult when it comes to taking care of things.  Who wants to be married to someone who can't/won't do anything for themself? 

I agree....Shannon was always strange to me. I think she's a hypochondriac plus a very spoiled woman. 

99% of women are probably way worse off after a divorce..she needs to see a REAL Doctor and get straightened out...for herself and her girls. They need a mother that is self confident and present in the moment with them and one that is not dwelling on the past and thinking so negatively all the time.JMO

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shannon is seriously a basket case. Her voice is sooo annoying and shes just so darn red all the time its disgusting. I think her friends are right, her husband must have been a saint because who can live with a woman like that. Everyone went through hard times but to constantly ruin other people's vacation is so sad.  Can you imagine what she would do to someone if they cut her off on the road. Basket case! Shes making everyone miserable and they keep courting her. I do like Emily and Gina because they seem down to earth. Im glad that Tamara stood up to Shannon. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

Shannon, being in her early fifties, most certainly is going though the change.  She was so quiet in the first season, now she shrieks loudly constantly.  I wonder if she does this to add drama to the show, it seems no one likes the women to be quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

Did you decide whether or not to buy the Resting Beach Face Tote?

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Tamara said Shannon calls her all hours of the day & night. Even Eddie is fed up with the phone calls. Tamara also said if she doesn't get me then she calls Vicki & Kelly to complain. That would drive me insane for someone to call me all the time to complain about her life. 

I used to have a friend that would do this to me. She was a spoiled brat that had many issues with her husband like Shannon. We're no longer friends because she went into a tizzy about something stupid. I was sad at first but it was for the best. I'd never put up with something like that at this point in my life.