Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....SEASON 13, 2021....news, spoilers, gossip

[ Edited ]

This season is everything I hoped it wouldn't be. 

I don't want or need the HW franchise to educate or preach to me in any way. 

The upcoming previews show that things will not change.

This season is a total disappointment for me.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

This season is a total disappointed for me.

@DREAMON I guess I don't mind them incorporating a little of what is going on in real life into their shows, however, I don't want it shoved down my throat, and I don't want it or need it to be shown and talked about every show....These shows never know when enough is enough!

That has been the problem with a lot of things when it comes to these HW Franchises.....I am not liking this season much either, and a lot of it is to do with Leah, even more than Eboni and her causes.....

Either they are asking Leah to act so dramatic and cause controversy, or if she is doing this herself-she better be careful, she could not be asked back next season........You can go too far with that behavior-look at Brandy, and Vicki and Tamra....

I will continue to watch and watch the train wreck of Leah, and see what happens with Sonja and Eboni's match maker. I do like Sonja, and would love to see her find someone to love!  

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@DREAMON I guess I don't mind them incorporating a little of what is going on in real life into their shows, however, I don't want it shoved down my throat, and I don't want it or need it to be shown and talked about every show....These shows never know when enough is enough!

That has been the problem with a lot of things when it comes to these HW Franchises.....I am not liking this season much either, and a lot of it is to do with Leah, even more than Eboni and her causes.....

Either they are asking Leah to act so dramatic and cause controversy, or if she is doing this herself-she better be careful, she could not be asked back next season........You can go too far with that behavior-look at Brandy, and Vicki and Tamra....

I will continue to watch and watch the train wreck of Leah, and see what happens with Sonja and Eboni's match maker. I do like Sonja, and would love to see her find someone to love!  

My thoughts on this season:

1.  Leah must have some type of mental illness that needs to be addressed.  Last year she was drunk a lot and I think I assumed her crazy behavior was because of the drinking.  But it appears that she is just crazy.  She is not entertaining to watch.

2.  Clearly the script said they were going to raise all these questions of race.  It did not seem natural and seemed forced.  I think they could have had an interesting discussion about race between the ladies, but when they have to turn everything into a fight, it looses the message. Ramona was smart enough to keep out of the discussion,  sometimes I think she is smarter than we give her credit for.

3.  Sonja seemed better tonight.  I did notice at the end when she was dressed up in the blue PJs (not sure what she was supposed to be) she looked  a little like Joan Crawford in Baby Jane.  She also started to look very drunk and out of it at the very end and looks like we see that next week.

4. Heather was trying to be the voice of reason but didn't do a very good job.

5. It all seems so scripted when they really fight and go after each other and an hour later they are all hugging and kissing like nothing happened. 

6.  This may be the last season of this group.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN ,

They never can touch on a subject sensibly and move on. They always beat it to death and use an entire season to dwell on one subject. 

I'm fine with a conversation but fighting, screaming, and  preaching opinions is not what I want to see.

They do not know when to move on.

I thought Leahs crying looked fake. She was hysterical one minute (with no tears), arguing the next minute, then laughing. She is  a mess.

Then she said her family is so big she probably wouldn't even be able to get in to see her grandmother. If they were so close I would think she would be able to see her. 

I think Eboni finding Sonja a mate is scripted. If Eboni has this fantastic matchmaker as a friend why isn't the matchmaker finding a mate for Eboni.

Ramona is looking more sane each weekCat Surprised

Did you move yet? Hope all is going smoothly!!

Respected Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

Luane did not call Eboni an angry black woman!  She called her an angry woman!  That was the second time that Eboni put words in someone's mouth.  She did the same thing to Ramona, and every one told her she was wrong.  She may be "educated", but she certainly has a listening problem!

I also don't understand why Bravo puts up with Leah.  She is clearly out of control emotionally.  Bravo took Dorinda off the show for being out of control.  Why do they keep Leah?

One can have a high intellect, yet not have any intelligence.  I like Eboni when she is just being one of the girls and not bringing race into the fray.  Before you know it everyone will be walking on eggshells around her in fear of saying a word she may take as offensive. 

Sonja is my favorite when she's sober.  I think she is a genuinely nice person, and for her to be mean is really not part of her character.  Same as Dorinda.  Dorinda always tried to "make it nice" for everyone, but she was mean when she drank.  Look how she treated Tinsley for no reason.  Tinsley was easy pickins for her.  Bullies always pick on the weakest one.

I like Leah, probably the only one here, but I agree her getting bent out of shape over every little thing is getting a bit old.  I like how she dresses and I think she is good looking and adds something to the show, but I liked her better last season.  She got the girls to do different things and we got to see a little bit into her world.  She should have passed on this trip and stayed home to be with her Grandma.  It's bewildering why she didn't!!

Yes, Luann and Ramona have always been a bit uppity.  But I like them both and wouldn't want them to leave for more newbies to come in.  It was nice of her boyfriend to make his lamb curry or stew for all the ladies, and they enjoyed it.  I watched both episodes last night, the prior episode at 8 and the new episode at 9, so I'm sorta mixed up.  Can't really remember the 9pm episode so well, one hour of HW's is really enough for me.  On WWHL Eboni was a guest, and apparently her and Luann aren't getting along still, so the cuts run deeper than we are led to believe.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN ,

They never can touch on a subject sensibly and move on. They always beat it to death and use an entire season to dwell on one subject. 

I'm fine with a conversation but fighting, screaming, and  preaching opinions is not what I want to see.

They do not know when to move on.

I thought Leahs crying looked fake. She was hysterical one minute (with no tears), arguing the next minute, then laughing. She is  a mess.

Then she said her family is so big she probably wouldn't even be able o get in to see her grandmother. If they were so close I would think she would be able to see her. 

I think Eboni finding Sonja a mate is scripted. If Eboni has this fantastic matchmaker as a friend why isn't the matchmaker finding a mate for Eboni.

Ramona is looking more sane each weekCat Surprised

Did you move yet? Hope all is going smoothly!!

@DREAMON Yes I wondered about the matchmaker as well.......But I would love to see Sonja with a nice man and happy for a change! I do really like her, I think underneath the drinking and crazy behavior is a nice person, who probably doesnt have a very high opinion of herself.....I know hard tobelieve, but Ramona is looking sane!!   lol..

Leah's storyline and the sick grandma is just too much, I am glad she left at the end, hopefully she stays gone for a while and gets her act together-jeeze what a nut case!
!

Yes we did move over Memorial Day weekend! I am feeling organized and we love our new home, we have so much done already, both my husband and I can't stand boxes, and clutter and mess, so we both took time off of work to get organized! Thanks for asking!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Sonja seems like a very kind hearted person. She is not mean like some of the others. Her self esteem appears to get lower each season. It is sad to watch.

I too hope she finds a mate that makes her happy and doesn't want to use her.

Respected Contributor

Trying to figure out the whole "educated" conversation.  We are constantly learning everyday of our lives.  "Book smart" doesn't always work.  Common sense is a necessity. 

Leah is a wreck. Don't see her staying on another season  I agree that Sonja & Ramona are most likeable lately. Even Luann is trying harder to make peace.

FB_IMG_1623248282710.jpg

Respected Contributor

Define privilege......is it this group or anyone of a certain color.

Skin does not define character.

Do not tell people not to say angry to certain people because it triggers. It seems the elimination of words is becoming longer.

It is up to individuals to become understanding of each other and so called circumstance but with the knowledge we are all equal as individuals.

Not in favor of woke ideology.

People come from different cultures and backgrounds and all are equal.

I grew up in a poor neighborhood consisting of all skin colors. None of us were privilege and I will never apologize for my ivory skin. We were good friends and neighbors to each other.

Bravo is allowing propaganda to dictate this show. Heather went too far when she said we have to understand the circumstances of Eboni. Eboni is a pot stirrer. Her people.

Bravo for Luann for telling Eboni to leave. She did not have to say sorry, her apology was not that sincere anyway. Leah is a bomb ready to explode. Sonja is now on a skin color guilt trip over privilege.   Yikes

Respected Contributor

Re: Leah
I am sorry to describe her as "crazy.". I recall that last season she revealed that she suffers from bipolar disease but not on any medications.

I do have a relative who suffers with that & it is sometimes very sad to see them struggle. Fortunately his medication is working very well & he adheres to it everyday, along with being under the care of an excellent physician.