Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....SEASON 13, 2021....news, spoilers, gossip

@tennpal15 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN ,

I just read that he is 91, they were married for 7 years, and have been divorced since 2006...15 years.

He has been married 5 times.

@DREAMON wow! I had no idea he was that old!!!!! They sure werent' married for very long!

I had to laugh last night when Sonja said that she "doesn't live in the past". All she does is talk about her marriage to a Morgan ~ it's ridiculous.

Leah is ruining the show for me, she's unbearable and they sure seem to use her a little bit too much. 

What's missing? A reliable narrator (Bethenny) ~ these 5 can't carry the show on their own, they're supporting characters at best. 

I'm willing to give Eboni a chance, but I don't like her teaming up with Leah. Then again, they are in a different age group than the other three, right? It's only natural that they'd align. 

I liked Leah last season, except for when she was drunk, haha which was almost always, but I saw a softer side to her, but this season it seems like she is very full of herself, and I am not liking her as much. I think they need a super strong lead person on this show and they don't have that right now!!!!

Honored Contributor

If these shows have run their course and I think they have, it really is a shame that they weren't allowed to go out with a bang instead of a whimper. Shooting for a younger demographic was a mistake. The younger demographics have their own reality shows and I suspect they aren't much interested in Bravo's, which have grown pretty stale.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@tennpal15 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN ,

I just read that he is 91, they were married for 7 years, and have been divorced since 2006...15 years.

He has been married 5 times.

@DREAMON wow! I had no idea he was that old!!!!! They sure werent' married for very long!

I had to laugh last night when Sonja said that she "doesn't live in the past". All she does is talk about her marriage to a Morgan ~ it's ridiculous.

Leah is ruining the show for me, she's unbearable and they sure seem to use her a little bit too much. 

What's missing? A reliable narrator (Bethenny) ~ these 5 can't carry the show on their own, they're supporting characters at best. 

I'm willing to give Eboni a chance, but I don't like her teaming up with Leah. Then again, they are in a different age group than the other three, right? It's only natural that they'd align. 

I liked Leah last season, except for when she was drunk, haha which was almost always, but I saw a softer side to her, but this season it seems like she is very full of herself, and I am not liking her as much. I think they need a super strong lead person on this show and they don't have that right now!!!!

I agree about Leah,  she is very full of herself this season.  I llike Ebony but she doesn't fit with Leah, Ebony is very smart and successful.  Ebony doesn't really fit with these women.  They needed to bring in a few women in their early 50's.  Leah works well with Tinsley.  The other older ones are just trying to hang on for a few more years.  Sonja drives me crazy when she starts crying about her ex-husband.  Yes, maybe she misses the lifesyle but she has to focus on all the positives in her life and not always be crying about the past.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Leah has a swollen head and gotten too big for her britches because she has been fawned over by Bravo, Andy, viewers and other celebs.  Time and time again other celebs who are on WWHL talk about what a great addition to RHONY Leah has been, how she is the best housewife ever, the favorite housewife on any of the shows, etc.  Just recently a celeb on WWHL claimed Leah was by far the best cast addition to any of the housewives installments.  To many, Leah can do no wrong. 

I think the former cast of older characters wasn't working and ratings were fairly low.  There were a lot of comments on social media that NYC had a very diversified population and wasn't all middle-aged, white, rich women living on the Upper East Side.  Viewers complained that they needed to add younger women and they wanted to know where the cast diversity was. 

But as someone else pointed out, are younger women really watching these shows?  I don't know.  I would like to know what the average age is for viewers.    

I've 53 and I've said a number of times I am not interested in an AARP version of Girls Gone Wild.  And despite the fact that Leah thinks she is so young, she's too old for that nonsense as well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Leah has a swollen head and gotten too big for her britches because she has been fawned over by Bravo, Andy, viewers and other celebs.  Time and time again other celebs who are on WWHL talk about what a great addition to RHONY Leah has been, how she is the best housewife ever, the favorite housewife on any of the shows, etc.  Just recently a celeb on WWHL claimed Leah was by far the best cast addition to any of the housewives installments.  To many, Leah can do no wrong. 

I think the former cast of older characters wasn't working and ratings were fairly low.  There were a lot of comments on social media that NYC had a very diversified population and wasn't all middle-aged, white, rich women living on the Upper East Side.  Viewers complained that they needed to add younger women and they wanted to know where the cast diversity was. 

But as someone else pointed out, are younger women really watching these shows?  I don't know.  I would like to know what the average age is for viewers.    

I've 53 and I've said a number of times I am not interested in an AARP version of Girls Gone Wild.  And despite the fact that Leah thinks she is so young, she's too old for that nonsense as well.  

@Lipstickdiva  Agree... As for Leah, I was over her last season... And as for 'diversity', have those folks watched Atlanta or Potomac... Not a lot of diversity going on with either of those... It really is unfortunate that Bravo hasn't figured out that each of these franchises had their own flavor and it worked... The mistake was in trying to make them all be all things to all people... Those whining about age and diversity were probably not watching these shows in the first place... And as for age, younger folks are probably overwhelmed with 'reality' offered by MTV and VH1... Enough of the socially relevant nonsense... Just field fun shows and people will watch...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Diversity seems to always forget about Asian, Hispanics , Native American.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

HOLD ON! you're forgetting about Luann!  ////// lol ///////

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Nancy Drew that may be the case for those in charge of casting but it is definitely brought up by viewers in comments about how these housewife casts aren't diverse. 

@tennpal15 and let's not forget that Kelly Dodd is black. Woman Wink 

Respected Contributor

Still on the fence about Eboni. I see her teaming up with Leah (who I am not particularly fond of) & can't see Eboni developing any friendships with Luann, Ramona or Sonja.

I enjoyed the earlier years with Jill, Bethany, Alex and Kelly. Still like to see the beautiful homes, clothes, jewelry.

They need to bring Dorinda back. I saw her in a Nutrisystem commercial giving a testimony on how she has lost her Covid weight. She looks great. I hope she is getting help dealing with her other issues.
Respected Contributor

Sonja has had a very difficult time and is regressing. Her true friend will be Ramona.

Luann is a user. She seems to be holding back as to why she really moved.

Leah and Eboni are the odd couple. Eboni has snide remarks about the actions of these women. She is reporting on/pointing out culture and using the show as a platform. I dislike her attitude. She is not into Leah's lifestyle so why play that angle game with her.

Eboni went to bed because she did not want to be around the others; they are not her type...............