Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....7/12/17..."news," spoilers, gossip

I only saw about the first 15 minutes last night.

I did see most of WWHL with Sonja and Steve from MDLNY and maybe it was just me but Steve seemed fascinated with Sonja and not in a good way.  Like he was watching the train wreck that is Sonja Morgan. 

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I find all of these women uninteresting for the most part.  The only person who remotely holds my interest is Bethenny but as I mentioned last week she's taken after Ramona where she'll lash out at someone and then apologize.  It was stupid to have a private (intense) conversation at the table and expect anybody to not listen or look their way either.  Tinsley was embarrassing on her date.  She definitely had too much to drink (again) but apparently they are still together so he must not have been as put off as I was.  
The only interesting thing about this episode was Ramona telling Bethenny it was a "group trip" (Bravo planned and paid for the whole thing) so she couldn't be uninvited (or not invited).  I'm sure most viewers are aware of this fact by now but I'm sure there are some who might not know about Bravo and the Housewives cast trips.

I saw somewhere (Bravo's FB page, maybe) that there is a new RH franchise starting, I believe, next month.  It is in Auckland, New Zealand.

All these 'trips' are on Bravo's dime... I guess it's part of the compensation package... and yep, I thought it was interesting that apparently Ramona can't be 'uninvited'... Makes the whole 'will Bethenny invite her or will she not' conundrum so much fake drama...

As for another franchise, I don't know, I think at some point Bravo is going to implode and the law of diminishing returns is going to set in as viewers will have seen enough... They've already had a couple of failed fanchises and I agree, the dew is pretty much off the rose with this bunch of women...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I only saw about the first 15 minutes last night.

I did see most of WWHL with Sonja and Steve from MDLNY and maybe it was just me but Steve seemed fascinated with Sonja and not in a good way.  Like he was watching the train wreck that is Sonja Morgan. 

sonja is just a non stop talker when she is on watch what happens live.....even when it is the other guests turn to talk. she ALWAYS has something to say. some of it coherent, some of it not so coherent. i thought it was funny when andy rushed the shotski just to cut her off from whatever she was trying to say.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@sunshine45, I could have done without Sonja's hair removal! 😮🙄😮

@loveschocolate... Really... Totally unnecessary... and not particularly entertaining...

I assume it was laser & not a wax since the male doc was standing there...thought that was awkward! Definitely that scene could have been left on cutting room floor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

D (I think it was) told Tinsley to cut off 3 inches. I was thinking at least 8 inches...and she needs to get it styled, too.

I wonder why D had never told Carole to get a hair cut, but she had no trouble telling Tinsley.

@Daisy Sunflower Yes it was Dorinda that said after a certain age, long hair just ages you..I believe Carole did get a bit cut off, I think I remember her with longer hair when she first started...I think Carole would look good with a nice chestnut brown color.....Tinsley always seems to have dark roots showing, she would probably look better with a different color as well......  

Agree. It's her hair and so she can do what she wants but TM's hair is often stringy looking and a somewhat shorter cut together with fewer roots and a less brassy more neutral blonde might work better... I get it that she seems to want to recapture her 'it girl' status, but I don't think that's going to happen. Perhaps a more realistic goal would be to reinvent herself as a 40+ year old woman with a look and style commensurate with her current stage in life... Let's face it, none of us can go back in time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

All these 'trips' are on Bravo's dime... I guess it's part of the compensation package... and yep, I thought it was interesting that apparently Ramona can't be 'uninvited'... Makes the whole 'will Bethenny invite her or will she not' conundrum so much fake drama...

As for another franchise, I don't know, I think at some point Bravo is going to implode and the law of diminishing returns is going to set in as viewers will have seen enough... They've already had a couple of failed fanchises and I agree, the dew is pretty much off the rose with this bunch of women...

I would agree.  I know I'm not interested in new franchises.  When I was watching OC the other night they did a preview for the Dallas installment and DH asked how much more of this cwap they were going to have.  LOL

Miami and DC both failed.  I'm not sure how well Melbourne does.  I was never interested in that and it's on at a very odd time at either Saturday or Sunday at noon.  I quit Dallas very early on last year and have no desire to see it this year and I gave up on Atlanta last year as well. 

The OC started off good because I think it was more genuine.  But now everything is just getting too fake and too done for the camera.     

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Really... fifteen minutes with giddy, giddy Tinsley on what appeared to be like her first like date like everrrrrrrrrrr... 

Hope they leave Tinsley out next year. She seems not only too young for the group, but too silly and really mixed up.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I would agree.  I know I'm not interested in new franchises.  When I was watching OC the other night they did a preview for the Dallas installment and DH asked how much more of this cwap they were going to have.  LOL

Miami and DC both failed.  I'm not sure how well Melbourne does.  I was never interested in that and it's on at a very odd time at either Saturday or Sunday at noon.  I quit Dallas very early on last year and have no desire to see it this year and I gave up on Atlanta last year as well. 

The OC started off good because I think it was more genuine.  But now everything is just getting too fake and too done for the camera.     

Is the London housewives still going? 

Esteemed Contributor

I chuckled when Lu said, "These are my friends. These are my friends." Yet she invited only one of them to her wedding. (allegedly)

Respected Contributor

I started watching the episode last night but our electric went out so I will have to catch a re-run of the show. I do agree Tinsley's hair is too long. She needs to get it cut as it is aging her. Ramona needs a cut as well.