Esteemed Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....6/22/17...."news," spoilers, gossip

@DREAMON, I agree with you and laughed when I got to "Tom and Harry seem to be the only 2 men in NYC." Sometimes it seems that way, lol. 

I didn't realize that Lu was in an open marriage before, or may have been. I should pay more attention. I did hear her say that she invited her ex-husband and her other ex, Jacques, to the wedding so at least they break up on good terms!

It just seems like a one-sided relationship. I hope I'm wrong.

Who have thought last season that Dorinda might end up being the one with the most "normal" relationship? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree about Ramona's high, tight ponytail. That style always reminds me of a sci-fi character or a warrior princess.

The tail of Ramona's pony looked ragged.

(Remember back when Jill Z wore that style on a WWHL episode w/ Andy years ago?)

I actually burst out laughing when Ramona showed us her remodeled digs. Why? Because I recognized half the stuff!

We recently redid my dad's condo, & bought much of the same. LOL!

I just knew she got it all at Home Goods, just like we did.

So, when Sonya mentioned Ramona saying 'this was 12 dollars!', I cracked up.

Yup, HG for sure. Smiley LOL

@SusieQ_2, when Tom made the 'dog collar' comment, I felt badly for Lu.

When she saw that episode, it must've hurt her feelings. He's an #$&%!.

LOL about the comment about Harry making Tom seem less creepy.

Edited to remove a ton of exclamation points - my weakness.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@DREAMON, I agree with you and laughed when I got to "Tom and Harry seem to be the only 2 men in NYC." Sometimes it seems that way, lol. 

I didn't realize that Lu was in an open marriage before, or may have been. I should pay more attention. I did hear her say that she invited her ex-husband and her other ex, Jacques, to the wedding so at least they break up on good terms!

It just seems like a one-sided relationship. I hope I'm wrong.

Who have thought last season that Dorinda might end up being the one with the most "normal" relationship? Smiley Happy

Lu comes off as very accepting of the men in her life. She reminds me of a Flower Child of the 70's ...Love The One You're With.... If ya know what I mean. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I am liking Tinsley, she appears not to be a fake, but then you never know!  She is much younger than the others and I think she is still cute, Carole is one that is looking haggard, and I was so disgusted when she & Dorinda went to the Womens March, I actually turned the channel on that part!!!

Disgusted?  Why?  I admired their actions.

I wasn't disgusted but I didn't think it necessarily added anything whatsoever to the episode... 

On the contrary, I think it showed these women have interests beyond being pot stirrers on a reality show.

Agree.

And I know many don't like Carole because they think she is boring and a Bethenny suck up, but I think she stays on the show in a "tongue in cheek" kind of way.  She knows how absolutely silly it is, and how most of them are positively shallow, but she just goes along for the ride.  Yet when an important issue actually arises (the election, the march, etc), you get the full Carole.

I think we saw the real Carole and Dorinda together in London, when they were talking about their late husband's.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agreed with Carole that Tinsley needs a new look.  She seems like a nice "kid", but a new look might help her get out of her old life and into her new one.  A little sophistication wouldn't hurt.

Me thinks Carole is the one who needs a new look as well!Woman LOLMan Wink

When Carole told Tinsley to cut her hair, make it darker and put in low lights, I had to laugh.  Carole was describing her own hair.  She seems to think very highly of herself!

Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agreed with Carole that Tinsley needs a new look.  She seems like a nice "kid", but a new look might help her get out of her old life and into her new one.  A little sophistication wouldn't hurt.

Me thinks Carole is the one who needs a new look as well!Woman LOLMan Wink

When Carole told Tinsley to cut her hair, make it darker and put in low lights, I had to laugh.  Carole was describing her own hair.  She seems to think very highly of herself!

She does, lol. But, she totally is insecure when she's around Bethenny.  Bethenny seems to control her even though I don't think she really tries to.  Carole is just very "infatuated" with Bethenny--perhaps as B is such her own person and such a success financially.

Even when Bethenny wanted to leave Tom and Lu's party, Carole seemed to want to leave as well.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I don't think Luann intended to or wanted to be in an open marriage.  I think the count cheated on her so many times, she didn't want to get divorced and lose her status, so she just accepted it and went out and did her own thing, too. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

When Carole brags about all the wonderful jobs she has had in the past that make her so smart, I just want to say to her - that's great but what have you done in this century?  She doesn't seem to have any other job but the housewives show and I remember from a previous season she had a hard time finishing a book she was working on.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I am liking Tinsley, she appears not to be a fake, but then you never know!  She is much younger than the others and I think she is still cute, Carole is one that is looking haggard, and I was so disgusted when she & Dorinda went to the Womens March, I actually turned the channel on that part!!!

I wasn't disgusted but I didn't think it necessarily added anything whatsoever to the episode... 

On the contrary, I think it showed these women have interests beyond being pot stirrers on a reality show.

I think Tinsley looks washed out and old for 41 with that dated hairstyle and false lashes. I question if she really "works" or is it her Moms money. You can find cheaper digs in NYC. If she is not ready to be on her own and is in therapy why is she on this show?  

As for Carol and Dorinda at the March I am so glad they showed it. Why wouldn't they go? They out of the rest of them would be the ones to go. The others are too self absorbed and clueless.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I think Tinsley looks washed out and old for 41 with that dated hairstyle and false lashes. I question if she really "works" or is it her Moms money. You can find cheaper digs in NYC. If she is not ready to be on her own and is in therapy why is she on this show?  

As for Carol and Dorinda at the March I am so glad they showed it. Why wouldn't they go? They out of the rest of them would be the ones to go. The others are too self absorbed and clueless.

Agree on TM, I suspect this is some sort of 'courtesy' job and not anything actual... She's got money, to be sure, but as she noted, it's family money and I'd also guess settlement money...

For the record, it isn't for me to say who should go where but if it was... I'd have no problems with Dorinda and Carole going to the March. My only point was that I didn't think the coverage of them attending added to the episode. I am in no way making any sort of statement about them as women or as human beings or making any sort of political statement... Regardless, the snippet was brief enough that it was no big deal...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...