Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....6/22/17...."news," spoilers, gossip

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that Ramona has reached her " sell by " date on this show. I really can't stand her, she is a toxic individual who might benefit from some therapy.

Uh huh... I've thought for some time that Ramona really is proving to be little more than a distraction and a shallow one at that... She's never been a favorite of mine, but at this point, she's another cast 'tweak' I'd make... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

shoptilyadropagain wrote

Harry has not changed....still a sleazeball!  I was embarrassed for Ramona and her hair.  I had a headache looking at her.  I agree with Win in that I don't understand how she has any really true friends.  I've thought that for years.   She invited Tom's ex on purpose but LuAnn handled it well.  

I think Harry has gotten worse and is now reminding me of George (Avivas Dad)....and that's not a good thing!

Yes it was obvious Ramona invited Toms ex on purpose. 

I don't know how that woman even has 1 friend let alone many.

Honored Contributor

Ramona's apartment re-do was very nice. Not to my taste, and I agree with Carole that the overall 'look' doesn't really suit the Ramona who is (as opposed to who Ramona wants to be...) but it was quintessential NYC and done well...

As for the hair... It just looked dirty and like she hadn't had time for a dye job and to have the extensions (which she ought to lose anyway) put back in... A less severe pony tail might have worked, but I was wondering if she wasn't just trying to pull the skin on her face as tight as possible... The get-up was something else altogether... She really is trying too hard...

Honored Contributor

I too thought it was pretty qwappy of Ramona, even given that it's Ramona... to have invited the 'other woman' to her party... She knew exactly what she was doing... It was obnoxious and made three people uncomfortable... That said, you have to believe the woman knew who would be there and if she'd had any sense, she'd have declined the invitation...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I am liking Tinsley, she appears not to be a fake, but then you never know!  She is much younger than the others and I think she is still cute, Carole is one that is looking haggard, and I was so disgusted when she & Dorinda went to the Womens March, I actually turned the channel on that part!!!

Disgusted?  Why?  I admired their actions.

I wasn't disgusted but I didn't think it necessarily added anything whatsoever to the episode... 

On the contrary, I think it showed these women have interests beyond being pot stirrers on a reality show.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I too thought it was pretty qwappy of Ramona, even given that it's Ramona... to have invited the 'other woman' to her party... She knew exactly what she was doing... It was obnoxious and made three people uncomfortable... That said, you have to believe the woman knew who would be there and if she'd had any sense, she'd have declined the invitation...

@stevieb wrote:

I think Ramona is determined to prove herself right about Tom.  Since she has pretty much been forbidden to keep telling LuAnn all her juicy little tidbits, she now has a plan to illustrate Tom's indiscretions for all to see.  It will be interesting to see what she sets up next.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I think Ramona is determined to prove herself right about Tom.  Since she has pretty much been forbidden to keep telling LuAnn all her juicy little tidbits, she now has a plan to illustrate Tom's indiscretions for all to see.  It will be interesting to see what she sets up next.

True enough @faeriemoon... It's like she just can't let it go... It's as if she wants to keep throwing it at the wall to see when it'll stick...

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I am liking Tinsley, she appears not to be a fake, but then you never know!  She is much younger than the others and I think she is still cute, Carole is one that is looking haggard, and I was so disgusted when she & Dorinda went to the Womens March, I actually turned the channel on that part!!!

Disgusted?  Why?  I admired their actions.

I wasn't disgusted but I didn't think it necessarily added anything whatsoever to the episode... 

On the contrary, I think it showed these women have interests beyond being pot stirrers on a reality show.

Agree.

And I know many don't like Carole because they think she is boring and a Bethenny suck up, but I think she stays on the show in a "tongue in cheek" kind of way.  She knows how absolutely silly it is, and how most of them are positively shallow, but she just goes along for the ride.  Yet when an important issue actually arises (the election, the march, etc), you get the full Carole.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

You are probably right about that. She keeps making remarks in her Talking Head segments that support your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

I get it that B has a new adventure with a new real estate show and maybe that's behind her choice to move, but it seems like she just can't 'light'... Obviously, I don't know her, but maybe she'd find some of the angst she seems constantly to experience would diminish just a bit if she had a true home base... It's like she just can't let herself truly 'settle in'...