Valued Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....6/22/17...."news," spoilers, gossip

[ Edited ]

@stevieb ...  I so agree with you regarding Bethenny ...  she has no "home" ...  some kind of cocoon you create for yourself to put your feet up in your favorite chair and watch TV for awhile, catch up on Facebook or watch a movie, eat some favorite food.  I don't think she knows how to turn her head off for awhile and R E L A X ....  the new venture into real estate should prove interesting but I'm not sure if I can watch.  I have to say the best part about of the latest show has been seeing Jill Zaren ...  looked great, certainly added more class than Ramona or Sonya and it was enjoyable to see her and Bobby.  I think Carolyn wants her political side to play a more prominent role this year ...  the Radziwill (?) Kennedy side and I think that was the reason for the "march" scenes in D.C. which I thought added zero to the show except "look at us being political" with those stupid pink hats on ...  I find those offensive (I know I will hear it about the hats but I really don't care) ...  it's difficult to explain to children what those represent and I personally find them offensive ...  shoot me !!  P.S. ...  it's nice to see she found time to reupholster her sofa ...  I can't imagine in two seasons you can't find the time to fix that, no less get the kittens off her drapery.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm totally over Tinsley. She is so dramatic about what she went through and finding a new apartment.  Women like that just bug me.  Pull up your big girl panties and move forward. Stop being such a whiner. 

I'm sort of getting there with you @Lipstickdiva... The more I see of her, the less I like her. I don't dislike her, but I just don't really like her. Come on... She married well.They got a divorce. It happens... It probably netted her some serious bucks. Then, she made continued rotten choices and made an ass of herself over some man and that didn't end well. She's far from the only one who ever made bad choices along the way or was unhappy in love but lots of women find a way to move on and don't have the benefits she enjoys... She's had some truly rotten experiences but it appears she's the victim, among other things, of her own consistently bad judgment...

Hi Stevie.  Happy Friday!

I'd disagree--I do not think she's played the victim at all.  I think she's been enabled all of her life by her parents and her ex.  It appears to me she's trying to grow, but it is taking some time.  I like her, and I don't think she plays the victim.

Have a great weekend btw!

@winamac1 Hey Win and a good weekend to you too...

We don't necessarily disagree... I'm down with you on the B's constant crying foul... As for TM, I don't think she's playing the victim as much as maybe I think it's time she sort of stepped up and out, grew up and just took some decisive action on her own behalf, but I do agree that she seems to be trying...  I do, though, think she has actually been the victim of her own repeated bad judgment....

absolutely you are correct--she certainly has been the victim of bad judgment! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Graciesmom wrote:

@stevieb ...  I so agree with you regarding Bethenny ...  she has no "home" ...  some kind of cocoon you create for yourself to put your feet up in your favorite chair and watch TV for awhile, catch up on Facebook or watch a movie, eat some favorite food.  I don't think she knows how to turn her head off for awhile and R E L A X ....  the new venture into real estate should prove interesting but I'm not sure if I can watch.  I have to say the best part about of the latest show has been seeing Jill Zaren ...  looked great, certainly added more class than Ramona or Sonya and it was enjoyable to see her and Bobby.  I think Carolyn wants her political side to play a more prominent role this year ...  the Radziwill (?) Kennedy side and I think that was the reason for the "march" scenes in D.C. which I thought added zero to the show except "look at us being political" with those stupid pink hats on ...  I find those offensive (I know I will hear it about the hats but I really don't care) ...  it's difficult to explain to children what those represent and I personally find them offensive ...  shoot me !!  P.S. ...  it's nice to see she found time to reupholster her sofa ...  I can't imagine in two seasons you can't find the time to fix that, no less get the kittens off her drapery.  

Bethenny has a beautiful "home', and she's getting ready to buy another home.  

Esteemed Contributor

What I can't understand about some of them, why do they get involved with these shady men - why are they so desperate?

Take LuAnne, for instance. She is beautiful, she has money, why was she so desperate to get married that she would settle for him? I don't get it! It's not like she couldn't do better!

And Ramona - OMG. A boob job and extensions? I think this must surely be emotional fallout from her divorce.

And Sonja seems desperate; I was watching some older episodes, and she was dating Harry again and hoping for a committment --- why? He is so shady! I think he has $$$, though, that must be the reason.........

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

What I can't understand about some of them, why do they get involved with these shady men - why are they so desperate?

Take LuAnne, for instance. She is beautiful, she has money, why was she so desperate to get married that she would settle for him? I don't get it! It's not like she couldn't do better!

And Ramona - OMG. A boob job and extensions? I think this must surely be emotional fallout from her divorce.

And Sonja seems desperate; I was watching some older episodes, and she was dating Harry again and hoping for a committment --- why? He is so shady! I think he has $$$, though, that must be the reason.........

YorkieonmyPillow,

I too think it's all about the money and being in social circles. These women live for social events. It's the old popularity contest. I think they have acquaintances that they see at these social events and call them friends. 

Men with money are very appealing to these women....little else matters.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

She's trying so hard to look 25. When women do that, it only makes them stand out as old ladies trying to look much younger than they are. No matter how nice they think their body and hair look, they're still old. They're not fooling anyone...they just look ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daisy wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

She's trying so hard to look 25. When women do that, it only makes them stand out as old ladies trying to look much younger than they are. No matter how nice they think their body and hair looks, they're still old. They're not fooling anyone...they just look ridiculous.

My friends husband was cheating on her and she tried to change everything about herself to appear younger. She went on a diet, started dressing sexy, changed her hair etc.

It really was quite sad because she was living each day trying to be someone she wasn't. She finally woke up and went back to being her true self. Desperate women are looking for attention and I don't think they see themselves as others see them. 

By the way..my friend and her husband went to counseling and seem to have a great marriage from what I am told...this happened about 10 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Ramona may be like that because he cheated on her. That would definitely affect your self-esteem, goodness knows! But she should've realized it was HIM, not HER.

Valued Contributor

Don't you sometimes wonder that with all their social status, lovely NYC apartments and certainly able to shop wherever and whenever they want that they need a man to feel complete.  I am the complete opposite and totally enjoy my time alone ...  I'm not afraid of it ...  I love watching movies or TV, I have crafts I love to do, so I feel comfortable with it and love my home.  The only occasions are weddings where everyone is dancing, etc.  But to see someone trying so hard to be something they are not OR struggling or posturing for the attention of a man seems a bit demeaning to me.  I am no better than anyone else, only have a different attitude ...  Ramona even inviting herself along with her daughter and her friends telling them her problems and drinking like they are bestirs ...  I also don't believe the Sonya romance scenarios ...   Maybe looks good for TV, but have a little respect for yourself.  No way that young French guy is there for romance ... and Carole's romance with Adam is only there for her image of dating younger men ...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Ramona may be like that because he cheated on her. That would definitely affect your self-esteem, goodness knows! But she should've realized it was HIM, not HER.

Well in my opinion it is HER and him.  I do not condone his cheating.  They should have just divorced if he was so unhappy-before he hooked up with a young woman.  So, no...he should not have cheated--NO excuses.  That being said, she is a mess.  

Ramona is self centered and appears to have some mental instability--and she had it before she and her husband had issues.  Mario probably was over her selfishness.  HE was a bit odd too, but I don't know how any man could live with a woman like that.  She's so narcissistic and can be downright mean at times.  She needs to accept her own responsiblity.