Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....5/9/18....news, spoilers, gossip

I don't know if the NY season has finished filming. If it hasn't I guess the Bethenny/Dorinda Fued will be next seasons highlight.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for Lu's kids... I don't think she said she'd cut them out of her life or that they were completley ignored during her short marriage... I could be wrong, but what I recall was that she said she hadn't seen much of them during her marriage... Given the marriage lasted about six months, kids in college might see even less of their parents than that... Either way, several of the stories that surfaced at the time of the breakup featured her bonding with her kids... Everybody has their own point of view but for me, it's a non-issue...

Smiley Wink

That's how I had interpreted it, too.  I was thinking I would try to watch the episode again to see if I had misinterpreted things because I didn't get the impression Lu hadn't been in some kind of contact with her kids during that time -- just that she hadn't seen them in person for awhile during her "newlywed period."  I was assuming she had texted or called, but hadn't seen them in-person for a couple of months.  Victoria and Noel always seemed really independent and mature to me, and seem to be leading their own active lives. I know there were times in my college days where I didn't see my parents for a few months at a time, and the college I attended wasn't that far away.  We were in touch, but sometimes didn't see each other for awhile.  I could be wrong, but I didn't think Lu meant she hadn't been in some type of contact with her kids.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Actually, "you were drunk" sounds more like "you're a drunk" than "you're drunk."  I wonder if she even remembers what she said.

I was also wondering if she could have said that.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I did cringe when I heard Bethenny say Dorinda's late husband was "slightly powerful and slightly political."   From what Dorinda had always mentioned, and from what I had read, Richard was more than that. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I also thought it might have been you were drunk because Bethenny was not only talking about the previous night, but many times in the past when Dorinda had treated her badly.  I do think, though, that Dorinda heard "a drunk" based on her reaction.  

Esteemed Contributor

"If she called Dorinda a drunk, she’d be like “Yeah I said it, and it’s true. Next?" ~ @TenderMercies

She already did that on the WWHL After Show. I posted about it yesterday. Why she's trying to walk it back now after already admitting it is kind of silly. Do they forget it's been recorded?  As they say, roll the film! 

(parts taken from call)

Caller:

Dorinda said "...it was very hurtful you labeled her as a drunk."

Bethenny:

"...Dorinda, on the way to Puerto Rico was a drunk so if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck."

No word about claiming she had actually said "You're drunk" or "You were drunk." Not even that she meant she had been acting like a drunk at dinner. 

I have no idea why it matters or why she's on damage control but she's backpeddling for some reason. Maybe because she's hurt so many of her other castmates with her name calling, now she's losing Carole, and she just wanted someone she could keep on her side. Who knows? 

Link to video:

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-15/episode-76/videos/after-sho...

Question starts somewhere around the 3:10-3:15 mark.

Honored Contributor

I consider Bethenny a very intelligent woman...so why would she ask a drunk to accompany her on such an important trip...it makes no sense to me.

It either was just done for a storyline, Bravo set it up, or something along those lines. 

A person who I know is a drinker is the last person I would ask to accompany me on a business trip or any important trip.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Actually, "you were drunk" sounds more like "you're a drunk" than "you're drunk."  I wonder if she even remembers what she said.

I was also wondering if she could have said that.

That was my take too... I can believe she might have said 'you were drunk' but I'm not buying 'you're drunk' because, as noted, at the time the conversation took place, she wasn't... Whatever she said, it seemed like Donrinda, and many of the viewers, thought they heard 'you're a drunk'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I did cringe when I heard Bethenny say Dorinda's late husband was "slightly powerful and slightly political."   From what Dorinda had always mentioned, and from what I had read, Richard was more than that. 

Yea, I thought that was sort of rude and necessary and, of course, vintage Bethenny... always on the prowl to diminish...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...