Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....5/9/18....news, spoilers, gossip

@winamac1 wrote:

Sonja appears to be an unclean person so it's no surprise her home is dirty.

Bethenny needs to watch her mouth.  She often has no filter.  I can't see her ever being able to work for anyone.  She has to run the show.  She says whatever she wants whenever she wants.  I also can't see her having many really good friends as I don't think most could put up with her.

Bethenny does say whatever she wants and really has no filter.  But I do think she was mortified that Dorinda was criticizing her "partners" who had/have been working very hard to bring relief to a very bad situation.  Bethenny has built a wall around herself so as to not be hurt.  I don't see her ever having any really close friends.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Sonja appears to be an unclean person so it's no surprise her home is dirty.

Bethenny needs to watch her mouth.  She often has no filter.  I can't see her ever being able to work for anyone.  She has to run the show.  She says whatever she wants whenever she wants.  I also can't see her having many really good friends as I don't think most could put up with her.

Bethenny does say whatever she wants and really has no filter.  But I do think she was mortified that Dorinda was criticizing her "partners" who had/have been working very hard to bring relief to a very bad situation.  Bethenny has built a wall around herself so as to not be hurt.  I don't see her ever having any really close friends.

I think she has 1.  I've seen her on several shows, and I do think they've been friends for many years.  She obviously loves Bethenny and tolerates her erratic and sometimes volatile behavior. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bethenny is a very overpowering person but I am on her side on the Dorinda drunk thing. I would be mortified if I invited a friend to come along on such an important charity business trip and she got ossified and talked to my business partners like that.

I honestly think I would be more angry than Bethenny was. There was no excuse for Dorindas behavior IMO....except for that fact that (as Bethenny said) she is a drunk. 

I just can't understand why Bethenny invited her if she knows she is a drunk. Maybe she thought Dorinda would never drink like that in a business situation.....Bethenny was obviously wrong if that was the case...Dorinda seems to drink in all situations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DREAMON wrote:

Bethenny is a very overpowering person but I am on her side on the Dorinda drunk thing. I would be mortified if I invited a friend to come along on such an important charity business trip and she got ossified and talked to my business partners like that.

I honestly think I would be more angry than Bethenny was. There was no excuse for Dorindas behavior IMO....except for that fact that (as Bethenny said) she is a drunk. 

I just can't understand why Bethenny invited her if she knows she is a drunk. Maybe she thought Dorinda would never drink like that in a business situation.....Bethenny was obviously wrong if that was the case...Dorinda seems to drink in all situations.

I fault both of them.  Bethenny knows Dorinda's history. Dorinda knows Bethenny's.  I do love what Bethenny has done to help out--extremely admirable.  That being said, she truly can exemplify caustic behavior.  I do prefer her , though, over Ramona.

Ramona, for the most part, is an extremely mean spirited rude individual. She offers little.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

46A55594-13E3-484A-BD87-437A64089CA2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

As for Lu's kids... I don't think she said she'd cut them out of her life or that they were completley ignored during her short marriage... I could be wrong, but what I recall was that she said she hadn't seen much of them during her marriage... Given the marriage lasted about six months, kids in college might see even less of their parents than that... Either way, several of the stories that surfaced at the time of the breakup featured her bonding with her kids... Everybody has their own point of view but for me, it's a non-issue...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It is being reported just about everywhere that Bethenny called Dorinda a drunk so yeah, I think if Bethenny rec'd enough flak for it, she absolutely would try to back peddle.

It's being reported in The Daily Mail today that Dorinda wrote a "scathing" letter to Bethenny about this, which IMO doesn't help Dorinda's cause at all.   

I agree... I absolutely think she'd back peddle... I watched that scene twice because it sort of suprised me, even for Bethenny... and it sounded like she said 'you're a drunk'... Why would she have said 'you're drunk' when at that point in time Dorinda wasn't even drinking... for once... Truth be told, if the scenes they choose to show us are any indication, it looks like Dorinda is a drunk...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Actually, "you were drunk" sounds more like "you're a drunk" than "you're drunk."  I wonder if she even remembers what she said.

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Actually, "you were drunk" sounds more like "you're a drunk" than "you're drunk."  I wonder if she even remembers what she said.

I was thinking the same thing.  “You were drunk” does sound more like what she could have said.  Based on her tweet, she really doesn’t seem to care if people think what she believes, because she seems to believe that Dorinda really is a drunk.  She DOES seem to care about making sure that everyone knows that she did not say “you’re a drunk,” because that’s much harsher to say to a friend than “you’re drunk.”  While Bethenny can be malicious, she wants people to understand she didn’t go that far in hat moment.  She showed a lot of compassion toward Dorinda after saying whatever she said to her, so it stands to reason that she was not saying the harsh statement that everyone seems to believe they heard.  Again, she doesn’t walk anything back and owns everything she says.  She’s called LuAnn a (rhymes with bore), Ramona a (rhymes with glass bowl), and a terrible person, Sonja delusional, and who can remember what else about everyone else.  If she called Dorinda a drunk, she’d be like “Yeah I said it, and it’s true. Next?”  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It is being reported just about everywhere that Bethenny called Dorinda a drunk so yeah, I think if Bethenny rec'd enough flak for it, she absolutely would try to back peddle.

It's being reported in The Daily Mail today that Dorinda wrote a "scathing" letter to Bethenny about this, which IMO doesn't help Dorinda's cause at all.   

dorinda.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein