Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....5/9/18....news, spoilers, gossip

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

If Bethenny said you're drunk, it would not have even been any big deal.  Yeah, she was drunk and often is. But Dorinda got very defensive and said something like, "No, that's not true." It seems like Dorinda heard "you're a drunk".

Dorinda also said something like you can't judge someone like that based on one incident.  C'mon Dorinda.  One incident?

I watched the scene twice because I couldn't figure out exactly what Bethenny said but it sounded to me like Bethenny said "you're a drunk."  If Bethenny would have just said you were drunk or you're drunk, I can't imagine Dorinda would have said that wasn't true, because it was true and Dorinda admitted it.  She sat there talking to Bethenny using the same old excuse of not eating and drinking.  She even said she should have just gone to bed and Bethenny told her she shuldn't have to be in bed at 7:00 at night. 

Luann is a mess.  What kind of woman pushes her kids aside for some guy?  And a smarmy, cheater at that? 

Sonja's house is a dirty, outdated, mess.     

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it a few times also, rewinded and watched again. I put it on closed captioning which showed the words "You're a drunk" and  saw the quote from "People" that also said "You're a drunk." The thing that convinced me was watching her comment on WWHL when a caller asked her about it and she said "Dorinda, on the way to Puerto Rico, was a drunk so if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck." When she says on the way to Puerto Rico she was obviously talking about the dinner they had the night before and not on the flight.

Maybe Bethenny is getting some flak for calling out Dorinda so bluntly on TV and that's why she's trying to dial it back a bit. Who knows? Whatever the reason, she isn't wrong. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what anyone says, a person will only get help when they're ready.

Lord help me, as someone who's never been a fan of Bethenny, I find myself liking her more this season. I know it has mainly to do with her charity work. I used to think she had a rock where her heart should be but my feelings toward her are changing. I have so much admiration for what she's done to help those in need. She's really walking the talk. 

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I watched it a few times also, rewinded and watched again. I put it on closed captioning which showed the words "You're a drunk" and  saw the quote from "People" that also said "You're a drunk." The thing that convinced me was watching her comment on WWHL when a caller asked her about it and she said "Dorinda, on the way to Puerto Rico, was a drunk so if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck." When she says on the way to Puerto Rico she was obviously talking about the dinner they had the night before and not on the flight.

Maybe Bethenny is getting some flak for calling out Dorinda so bluntly on TV and that's why she's trying to dial it back a bit. Who knows? Whatever the reason, she isn't wrong. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what anyone says, a person will only get help when they're ready.

Lord help me, as someone who's never been a fan of Bethenny, I find myself liking her more this season. I know it has mainly to do with her charity work. I used to think she had a rock where her heart should be but my feelings toward her are changing. I have so much admiration for what she's done to help those in need. She's really walking the talk. 

@SusieQ_2  Regardless of whether anyone likes or dislikes Bethenny, anyone who has been watching her on TV for years would assert that she is not someone who would ever not own what she said or try to walk something back because it was controversial.  If she says she said, "you're drunk," then I believe that's what she said, and after rewatching the scene, I can hear it, too.  She basically stretches out the word, 'you're,' which ends up having a little 'uh' sound at the end of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies, you could be right, but either way I hope Dorinda heard it and realized she needed to do something about her problem. That's far more important than the back and forth of whether it was "You're drunk" or "You're a drunk." And I'm not saying that in a snarky way, I respect your opinion. I just truly mean that I hope Dorinda got help.

Of course that conversation was long ago so I wonder, did Dorinda take it to heart?  I guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out!

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the episode yet.  Bethenny can be very rude and insensitive at times.  Dorinda does drink too much. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

If Bethenny said you're drunk, it would not have even been any big deal.  Yeah, she was drunk and often is. But Dorinda got very defensive and said something like, "No, that's not true." It seems like Dorinda heard "you're a drunk".

Dorinda also said something like you can't judge someone like that based on one incident.  C'mon Dorinda.  One incident?

I watched the scene twice because I couldn't figure out exactly what Bethenny said but it sounded to me like Bethenny said "you're a drunk."  If Bethenny would have just said you were drunk or you're drunk, I can't imagine Dorinda would have said that wasn't true, because it was true and Dorinda admitted it.  She sat there talking to Bethenny using the same old excuse of not eating and drinking.  She even said she should have just gone to bed and Bethenny told her she shuldn't have to be in bed at 7:00 at night. 

Luann is a mess.  What kind of woman pushes her kids aside for some guy?  And a smarmy, cheater at that? 

I thought Sonjas house looked like a fixer upper. That mess was more than 1 appointment that the housekeeper missed.

I don't think your kids should be ignored when you have a boyfriend. I don't care if they are grown or not...they are your family and he could be gone in a quick minute.

I know 2 men who remarried women who didn't want them to have anything to do with their kids. To this day they have not had contact with them. It makes me sick. A woman doing that to her kids is even odder to me.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

I thought it sounded like "you're a drunk" too.  And I agree about LuAnn.  The daughter is only 23, and the son is younger.  

Honored Contributor

Agree about Sonja's house too.  The housekeeper didn't just miss one appointment.  The place is a dump.

Honored Contributor

It is being reported just about everywhere that Bethenny called Dorinda a drunk so yeah, I think if Bethenny rec'd enough flak for it, she absolutely would try to back peddle.

It's being reported in The Daily Mail today that Dorinda wrote a "scathing" letter to Bethenny about this, which IMO doesn't help Dorinda's cause at all.   

Honored Contributor

Sonja appears to be an unclean person so it's no surprise her home is dirty.

Bethenny needs to watch her mouth.  She often has no filter.  I can't see her ever being able to work for anyone.  She has to run the show.  She says whatever she wants whenever she wants.  I also can't see her having many really good friends as I don't think most could put up with her.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"