Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york......5/4/16....."news," spoilers, gossip

@RazorSharp wrote:

Did Jules really just say, "We are old money?"  Who talks like that?

"Old money" does NOT talk about money, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

hello everyone and happy wednesday! tonight is our new york night. who is around for the continuing drama? the rhony begins at 9pm et. i will be joining in during the second showing because i am going to watch EMPIRE first.  rhony will be followed by the new show there goes the motherhood. jules wainstein and tituss burgess are on wwhl tonight with andy.

last weeks rhony had 1.32 million viewers.....holding relatively steady so far. ENJOY!

SEASON 8, EPISODE 5

"BIRTHDAY BASHING"

http://www.bravotv.com/sites/nbcubravotv/files/styles/card-thumbnail--computer/public/bravo_video_thumbnails/NBCU_Bravo/477/415/160427_3026712_Ramona_Singer_Is_Concerned_for_Sonja_Morgan.jpg?itok=LGmLN-5J

ramona is worried about sonja and her drinking.

http://www.bravotv.com/sites/nbcubravotv/files/styles/card-thumbnail--computer/public/bravo_video_thumbnails/NBCU_Bravo/68/427/160427_3026725_Are_the_Ladies_Jealous_of_Dorinda_s_Relation.jpg?itok=Y0nUrQkE

dorinda thinks that the other ladies are jealous of her relationship.

Jules airs her grievances to Dorinda and Carole concerning Bethenny's abrasiveness during the Hamptons trip. Bethenny gains a newfound respect for Jules when Jules opens up about a personal struggle. Meanwhile, Ramona finally tells Sonja why she has avoided spending time with her. Then, Ramona hosts an eventful birthday lunch where Luann makes a regifting faux pas, Bethenny confronts Luann about her behavior over the summer, and Dorinda delivers a double-edged toast.

AIR DATE: May 4 9/8c

Ramona needs to worry about herself.  She is so out of control in many different circumstances and often blurts things out very inappropriately.  

She has little room to talk.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@RazorSharp @sunshine45

i think that jules was extremely nervous on wwhl.  it was her first time and she is young and inexperienced.  i'm giving her a pass on this one.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

did anyone see jules on wwhl? she really has problems getting her thoughts out......

My thoughts exactly.  She really struggles through every conversation.  It's painful to watch her. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

did anyone see jules on wwhl? she really has problems getting her thoughts out......

Yeah she was pretty bad.

But I also felt sorry for her.  I wish all the talk about bodies, eating, thinness, etc. would just stop.  It's rude.  She said she knew coming on the show that her weight was going to be an issue and I find that sad. 

I don't understand why people, especially women, are so fixated on another woman's weight and body.  It's sad and a pathetic display of how obsessed some are with appearances.

Respected Contributor

I like Jules.  I think she's said a few things that have been annoying at times, but I think it could be out of nervousness.  She seems to be a really "good" person, IMO. On a side note, I also think she is beautiful.  She looked really great last night on WWHL.  She did say on WWHL how embarrassed she was to have made the comments about "old money" and referring to the other women as "elderly."  She mentioned she was upset at the time, but she did say it wasn't an excuse, and she was horrified.  

I used to really like Carole, but I've been liking her less and less the last couple of seasons.  She is always so quick to defend Bethenny's rude behavior.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad for Jules...I think she really does lack in communication skills and being nervous only complicates it for her.  

Was Ramona's birthday party held at the same restaurant last year?  It looked familiar to me.  I also didn't see the Swami Priestess in attendance and I believe she was there last year and she also attended a few other events.  She just gave me the creep factor every time I saw her.  

It's refreshing to see a gentler, more compassionat, side of Bethenny.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I like Jules.  I think she's said a few things that have been annoying at times, but I think it could be out of nervousness.  She seems to be a really "good" person, IMO. On a side note, I also think she is beautiful.  She looked really great last night on WWHL.  She did say on WWHL how embarrassed she was to have made the comments about "old money" and referring to the other women as "elderly."  She mentioned she was upset at the time, but she did say it wasn't an excuse, and she was horrified.  

I used to really like Carole, but I've been liking her less and less the last couple of seasons.  She is always so quick to defend Bethenny's rude behavior.

I 100% agree with everything you said. I thought Jules MU looked absolutely perfect on WWHL last night. She was glowing. I loved her dress, but could've done without the necklace. I still think she had had too much to drink by the end of the show, but I'm sure she was nervous. I just think that if you're going to go on a show like this and know you'll be interviewed, it would help to work on your communication skills. Smiley Wink