Valued Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york...5/30/18...news, spoilers, gossip

@Nancy Drew - I have had cancer.  I donate.  I think it has to be at least a year cancer free to be able to donate.  If he's had blood cancer that might be different.  

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I haven't seen the last two episodes but not for lack of trying--I just can't stay awake! Even last night I tried to watch last week's episode starting at 8pm and promptly fell asleep. I've been waking up way too early.

Imagine, though, how unnerving it is to fall into a peaceful sleep only to be roused awake by one of their loud arguments, lol. The only thing I heard was Carole making the comment that she ran a half marathon. 

No big deal, but all this time I thought she ran 26.2 miles. Not that 13 miles is something to sneeze at. It's still a major accomplishment and something to be proud of.

So my night ended with me thinking "Oh, Carole ran the half marathon not the marathon" as I turned over and promptly fell back asleep. Maybe I can catch up with On Demand but if not I'm still enjoying all the comments. Smiley Happy

Carole did run the full marathon.  They said she finished 4 hours behind the winner. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I haven't seen the last two episodes but not for lack of trying--I just can't stay awake! Even last night I tried to watch last week's episode starting at 8pm and promptly fell asleep. I've been waking up way too early.

Imagine, though, how unnerving it is to fall into a peaceful sleep only to be roused awake by one of their loud arguments, lol. The only thing I heard was Carole making the comment that she ran a half marathon. 

No big deal, but all this time I thought she ran 26.2 miles. Not that 13 miles is something to sneeze at. It's still a major accomplishment and something to be proud of.

So my night ended with me thinking "Oh, Carole ran the half marathon not the marathon" as I turned over and promptly fell back asleep. Maybe I can catch up with On Demand but if not I'm still enjoying all the comments. Smiley Happy

Carole did run the full marathon.  They said she finished 4 hours behind the winner. 

Wish she'd have kept on running...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Didn't see a new thread this week, so thought I'd resurrect the one from last week.. Anyone watch... ? Have any thoughts... ?  I guess off the top of my head mine would be wow... remind to become a Tinsely houseguest... So all right, I suspect she was at least in part trying to make a point, but lavishing all the gifts on Sonja was a really nice thing to do... Meanwhile, Sonja trying so desperately for the shock factor with some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is just so pathetically desperate... Don't get the sense that Carole and Bethenny actually resolved anything, but really don't care...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb I had been looking for the new thread, too, but at this point I forgot what happened or what I was going to say!

Respected Contributor

I've forgotten most of the last episode, too, except one thing I do remember is that we see Bethenny did thank Dorinda earlier for finding the giant nutcracker.  They showed a short scene with Bethenny and Carole sitting on the stairs inside Dorinda's Berkshires house right before everyone was starting to leave, and Dorinda must have just let Bethenny know that her shopping "contact" had found the nutcracker, and Bethenny was very happy, and thankful to Dorinda.  I now feel differently about Bethenny not showing more gratitude at her party when the nutcracker was delivered.  It would have been nice for Bethenny to thank Dorinda again at her party, but from the scene they showed in last week's episode, Bethenny was very thankful, and seemed "over the moon" that Dorinda had found the nutcracker. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery This is what I mean when I say these shows are edited for drama... She did thank Dorinda and she did again at her party when she very quickly turned to her and told her (again) that she saved Christmas... That was much ado about not very much...

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for what happened... not sure I remember all that much either... Maybe that says something about the show...

Woman Surprised

I recall Carole and Bethenny finally had their chat, which seemed to resolve very little... Dorinda chatted by phone with Lu, who admitted everything hit her all at once like an avalanche... Ramona had some ditzy visit to a dermatologist to hype her anti-aging brand... Sonja was living in her bed until she moved in with Tinsley, who wisely put her up in a separate suite... Bethenny 'premiered' Skinny Girl jeans... Beyond that, I'm not so sure...

Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@stevieb  I couldn't remember if Bethenny had actually thanked Dorinda at her party, so thanks for reminding me.  All I remember is that it seemed she wasn't that grateful, but after seeing the last episode, I can see she really was grateful, and had expressed it to Dorinda at the Berkshires house.  Editing seems to be a factor, but also Dorinda still seems to think Bethenny should have shown more appreciation when it was delivered, and now I'm just kind of puzzled by that.  Maybe I would have felt the same in that moment, I don't know.  But B definitely seemed appreciative at the Berkshires. 

I agree with you, too, about being one of Tinsley's houseguests!  I love to do things like that, too, but my budget isn't quite the same as Tinsley's.  Smiley LOL  I actually like buying gifts for people more than receiving gifts.  There's something really fun about it. Nice gesture on Tinsley's part, but I also agree some of it may have been to prove a point. Still really nice, though.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery I enjoy giving gifts too... Wish I had the bankroll to offer my pals luxury accomodations and a LV overnight bag and on and on!!

Smiley Very Happy

That whole 'did she thank her enough' thing was a bit of a tempest in a teapot... I get it that B could have really gone over the top in her expression of thanks, but it was clear to me she was very grateful... Dorinda was miffed, or claimed to be, but I seem to remember Carole and Ramona stirring that particular pot too...