Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.....5/18/16...."news," spoilers, gossip

I watch these shows too.  They play on a loop so it's easy to watch them.

These 'people' not just the women all have some kind of emotional issues.  Even those they surround themselves with. 

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

I truly believe Dorinda is an alcoholic. She is so waxy looking and getting that glassy eye look n a regular basis. John is her alcohol pimp. You'd have to be drunk to want to have him touch you. Besides he is handsy with any woman who doesn't know better or is too polite to say anything so as not to hurt Dorinda's feelings.

Ramona is no saint but she and the other ladies see right through him and his scuzz factor....all but Jules that is, who doesn't have a coherent thought not from alcohol. Well you can't count Sonja and Luann because they would do him for the free dry cleaning and booze.

Bethenny was right to let Sonja the airhead have it. Bethenny tried to help her when all the other ladies laughed at her and this is the thanks she gets??? Uh huh.

I agree with part of what you said.  But, I think Bethenny is so catty, implosive and just an angry bitter woman.  I haven't even yet seen much of the episode, but Bethenny fights dirty and gets by with it due to her quick wit.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

I liked Jules until the "nanny interview" segment-she lost me...

I didn't see that yet, but she is vapid.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched the entire thing.  Dorinda's party didn't make much sense. She specifically said Ramona wasn't invited.  Okay. I can understand that.  They showed Jules coming into the party and having to give her name and her husband's name to get in and it was on some check list.  But then somehow Ramona is able to walk right in without her name being on that list?

And neither John or Dorinda seemed to know LuAnn's skeevy former boyfriend so how was he in the party?  None of that made any sense to me.

But the worst part was the way Ramona acted.  All she wanted was to get gossip from that guy and get some dirt on Luann.  She was disgusting.  Luann is supposed to be a friend her's and that's how she acts?  Even if I didn't like someone, I wouldn't be interested in getting gossip like that. What is she, 16?  She has no clue how to be a true friend to anyone.

John never touched Ramona's face.  Yes he put his hand in her face several times, which was wrong, but he never touched her.  That guy needed to be thrown out and Ramona had no business being in the middle of that but John shouldn't have done what he does.

Dorinda makes no sense.  She was screaming and mad at Ramona but then she was screaming and mad at John for the way he treated Ramona.  And she's like this all the time.  She's mad at her friends because they don't like John, don't respect him and don't respect her relationship with him but then she doesn't respect him or their relationship either.  Practically everytime they are around each other, they end up in a fight over something. 

He's gross but I have no respect for her in this relationship either.  If she doesn't want to be with him, she shouldn't.  But if she can't respect him or the 2 of them together, why should anyone else?          

Trusted Contributor

I think there are a couple major factors keeping John in Dorinda's life.  First, he was there for her when her husband passed, so I imagine she feels a great deal of gratitude and loyalty to him.  Second, she realizes that if she dumps him, she'll be back in the dating scene.  Any men in her circle are going to know she's a drunk, and any men outside her circle will soon realize she's a drunk very early on in the dating process.  Dating at any age in NYC is a tedious process, but I imagine someone with her baggage would have it harder.  It's easier for her to stay with someone who provides comfort, security and enables her drinking rather than facing loneliness and rejection.  

I mentioned earlier how I felt that Ramona could possibly be trying to sabotage Dorinda and John's relationship, because she wanted Dorinda to be alone like her.  I'm starting to think that Ramona may be on a kamikaze mission.  She may be at a point where she doesn't care if she loses her friendship with Dorinda.  She loves Dorinda so much, that she is willing to sacrifice their friendshiop in order to save Dorinda from the same fate as her deceased husband, Richard, who died of liver failure...

Respected Contributor

RazorSharp wrote:

I think there are a couple major factors keeping John in Dorinda's life.  First, he was there for her when her husband passed, so I imagine she feels a great deal of gratitude and loyalty to him.  Second, she realizes that if she dumps him, she'll be back in the dating scene.  Any men in her circle are going to know she's a drunk, and any men outside her circle will soon realize she's a drunk very early on in the dating process.  Dating at any age in NYC is a tedious process, but I imagine someone with her baggage would have it harder.  It's easier for her to stay with someone who provides comfort, security and enables her drinking rather than facing loneliness and rejection.  

I mentioned earlier how I felt that Ramona could possibly be trying to sabotage Dorinda and John's relationship, because she wanted Dorinda to be alone like her.  I'm starting to think that Ramona may be on a kamikaze mission.  She may be at a point where she doesn't care if she loses her friendship with Dorinda.  She loves Dorinda so much, that she is willing to sacrifice their friendshiop in order to save Dorinda from the same fate as her deceased husband, Richard, who died of liver failure...

I don't think Ramona is capable of caring about anyone but herself. She needs a storyline now that she is done using the other drunk. Ramona seems to forget that she drinks and its been photoed in the tabloids as well. I think she likes to see others unhappy so that she can boost herself up. Ramona is a fake and it shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the episode last night.  I think Dorinda has some major issues.  She gets mad at Ramona for disrespecting John and her relationship with John, but then she's mad at John for acting the way he does.

As another poster stated, John never touched Ramona's face.  I'd be sick of Ramona getting into my business the way John is.

As far as Bethenny, she has every right to be ticked off.  She should have been more clear about WHY she was ticked off.  Sonja doesn't fully "get" it.  Sonja isn't as sharp as Bethenny.  The name is what really ticked off Bethenny--Tipsy Girl..Skinny Girl...Bethenny needed to make that more clear as I still don't think Sonya fully understands. 

I actually think Bethenny is very mean and cunning and a bit misanthropic at times, but she definitely had every right to be angry with Sonya.

Sonya is a hot mess, and she should have known she was playing with fire.  She's no match for Bethenny in any way, shape or form.  But, as stated before, Bethenny fights dirty and Sonya has been around her long enough to know this.  She fights hard, dirty and goes very low. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He's gross but I have no respect for her in this relationship either. If she doesn't want to be with him, she shouldn't. But if she can't respect him or the 2 of them together, why should anyone else?

I totall agree with the above part of Diva's post.  Dorinda acts like she loves John, but then she treats him like a piece of pond scum.  Why WOULD anyone respect him when she certainly doesn't.  She just wants someone to be with her so she's using John.

Respected Contributor

I guess some you forgot that Sonja was right there egging that guy on too. So why was Ramona the only one being attacked by John? 

No man should treat a woman like that and it was up to Dorinda to take Ramona aside and tell her. But by that time though Dorinda was two sheets to the wind and slobbering at everyone. Ugh...I really think John keeps her this way because that is the only way she'd be/sleep with him. 

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

I guess some you forgot that Sonja was right there egging that guy on too. So why was Ramona the only one being attacked by John? 

No man should treat a woman like that and it was up to Dorinda to take Ramona aside and tell her. But by that time though Dorinda was two sheets to the wind and slobbering at everyone. Ugh...I really think John keeps her this way because that is the only way she'd be/sleep with him. 

John keeps Dorinda drunk?  I don't think so. Is he spiking her drinks?  She gets plenty sloppy drunk just out with her friends.  And he does a good job in the drinking department as well.  I think they both have a problem.

It may have been the editing and yes Sonja was right there soaking in all the gossip that guy was dishing but Ramona was the one who appeared much more vocal with John when John wanted him out of the party.  Ramona kept telling John that he didn't need to leave, she was talking to him, etc.  Sonja appeared to back off.   Ramona kept going at John and put herself in a situation she had no business being in.