Trusted Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.....5/18/16...."news," spoilers, gossip

The weird, drugged up guy at the party who LuAnn slept with reminded me of that comedian, Bobcat Goldthwait, on muscle relaxers.  

That was a stupid fight for Ramona to pick.  Taking sides with druggy was taking sides against her friend, Dorinda.  I don't think John was right to get so aggressive with Ramona, but she did kind of throw herself between him and druggy.  If I were at an event for one of my best friends, and someone was acting belligerent, I would take my friend's side and step aside rather than causing a scene by defending the jerk who was ruining the night.  

Ramona is really destroying her relationship with Dorinda this season, and it is not pretty.  It's obvious she wants Dorinda to dump John, but I wonder if that desire is more rooted in her wanting Dorinda to be single and lonely like her rather than her wanting Dorinda to be away from someone she feels is a bad match.

Respected Contributor

that's pretty impressive if i say so myself.  it's just that he's such a worm!

Honored Contributor

RazorSharp wrote:

The weird, drugged up guy at the party who LuAnn slept with reminded me of that comedian, Bobcat Goldthwait, on muscle relaxers.  

That was a stupid fight for Ramona to pick.  Taking sides with druggy was taking sides against her friend, Dorinda.  I don't think John was right to get so aggressive with Ramona, but she did kind of throw herself between him and druggy.  If I were at an event for one of my best friends, and someone was acting belligerent, I would take my friend's side and step aside rather than causing a scene by defending the jerk who was ruining the night.  

Ramona is really destroying her relationship with Dorinda this season, and it is not pretty.  It's obvious she wants Dorinda to dump John, but I wonder if that desire is more rooted in her wanting Dorinda to be single and lonely like her rather than her wanting Dorinda to be away from someone she feels is a bad match.

not to mention that ramona was not even invited to that party.....so what was she doing there? who goes to a party they are not invited to.....and for good reason.  she probably wanted to create some additional drama.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I just started to watch it.  I've not reached the part with the party.  I had to stop right after Bethenny verbally pummeled Sonja.

I can't decide what to think about Sonja.  The woman is definitely delusional.  On one hand, she wants everyone to think she's worldy, sophisticated and wealthy.  On the other hand, she tries to play dumb and naive with Bethenny over the Tipsy Girl thing claiming the partners came up with the name and trademarked it.  Maybe that's true.  Maybe they are trying to piggy back off Bethenny's Skinny Girl brand.  But Sonja went along with it.  Interesting that one of Sonja's partners is the one Ramona was going into the restaurant business with and he turned out to be shady.   Sonja couldn't name one distributor they are working with.  I did laugh when Bethenny asked if this was like all the stores that carry her clothing line.  LOL  Or was it someone from the Nigerian football team who bought the expensive diamond necklace. 

Did anyone catch her spiel with LuAnn when Lu first came to Sonja's?  Sonja started to tell her that when she's has people at her house from France, Dubai or Switzerland, they can stay in that apartment!   I doubt she has anyone from the Bronx there, let alone some foreign socialites, etc.  And that apartment looks very dated.         

Honored Contributor

http://i2.wp.com/www.allabouttrh.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Twitter-7.png?w=629

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I truly believe Dorinda is an alcoholic. She is so waxy looking and getting that glassy eye look n a regular basis. John is her alcohol pimp. You'd have to be drunk to want to have him touch you. Besides he is handsy with any woman who doesn't know better or is too polite to say anything so as not to hurt Dorinda's feelings.

Ramona is no saint but she and the other ladies see right through him and his scuzz factor....all but Jules that is, who doesn't have a coherent thought not from alcohol. Well you can't count Sonja and Luann because they would do him for the free dry cleaning and booze.

Bethenny was right to let Sonja the airhead have it. Bethenny tried to help her when all the other ladies laughed at her and this is the thanks she gets??? Uh huh.

Valued Contributor

Melania......I agree with you about Bethenny and Sonja.  She did try to help Sonja, and this is the thanks she gets for it.  I liked Sonja in the beginning.  She was portrayed very differently than she is now.  I also am surprised that the Countess behaves like she does.  I was getting a very different vibe from her in the beginning, too.  That guy that she briefly dated was creepy crazy.

Honored Contributor

Carole Radziwill's Boyfriend Adam Kenworthy Injured in Plane Crash

According to Entertainment Tonight, the 30-year-old chef and his 65-year-old father, David, were taken to Iowa Methodist Medical Center on Thursday after the two-seat, single engine plane they were traveling in crashed. David was piloting the plane at the time of the incident and was attempting to make an emergency landing in a West Des Moines, Iowa, farm field 10 minutes into the flight after suffering power issues. Adam suffered moderate injuries, while David suffered from serious injuries. Following the incident, both Adam and his dad were conscious and talking on Thursday night.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/carole-radziwill-boyfriend-adam-kenworthy-injured-in-plane-cra...

Respected Contributor

i'll bet that brought some traumatic memories back to carole.  i hope she is ok

Trusted Contributor

I liked Jules until the "nanny interview" segment-she lost me...