Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.....5/18/16...."news," spoilers, gossip

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

These women are a mess. They drink too much, and argue constantly. I think Betheny is being too harsh with Sonja. Sonja is no threat to Betheny, I agree the name is too similar, but Betheny was so harsh and mean with her words. Dorinda and John-what a disaster...He is nothing but a bully, I understand asking that guy to leave, he was drunk and loud, but he (John) made the situation worse with his yelling and pointing in Ramona's face. to me John is a ticking time bomb.Luanne needs to stop drinking so much as well. This show is more like a circus!

@CANDLEQUEEN  John didn't point his finger in Ramona's face, he put his entire hand on her face, and that's what freaked her out, it would anyone I am sure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't usually watch this since Jill Zarin left the show, but I saw most of last night's show.  Kudos to John for throwing Ramona and Luann's ex-whatever out of the party.  He did exactly the right thing, and Luann should be calling or sending a thank-you card to him.  What a gentleman!  Had he not asked them to leave, that man, egged on by Ramona, would have said all kinds of nasty things about Luann on camera.  He did her and everyone else a service.  Let's remember that neither of them was invited.  They were essentially party crashers who became loud and disruptive and were plotting to take down Luann.

He didn't hurt Ramona by putting his hand in front of her face.  Big deal!  He only did that when she became unhinged and would not leave.  I thought he showed great restraint and even class when you compare his firm calmness with the behavior of Ramona and that drunk guy.

Dorinda should give less weight to the reactions of the other "housewives" (who are not housewives) and go only by her own feelings about John.  If she likes him, she should tell them to keep it to themselves.  Are at least some of them jealous that she has a steady, stable guy? 

Trusted Contributor

this show is a waste of time,maybe it should go away, all the fighting and back stabbing has gone to far,I don't like Ramona she is always causing trouble,Jules does not fit in at all.Past its prime for sure,think I will stop watching it.Tucka.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I don't usually watch this since Jill Zarin left the show, but I saw most of last night's show.  Kudos to John for throwing Ramona and Luann's ex-whatever out of the party.  He did exactly the right thing, and Luann should be calling or sending a thank-you card to him.  What a gentleman!  Had he not asked them to leave, that man, egged on by Ramona, would have said all kinds of nasty things about Luann on camera.  He did her and everyone else a service.  Let's remember that neither of them was invited.  They were essentially party crashers who became loud and disruptive and were plotting to take down Luann.

He didn't hurt Ramona by putting his hand in front of her face.  Big deal!  He only did that when she became unhinged and would not leave.  I thought he showed great restraint and even class when you compare his firm calmness with the behavior of Ramona and that drunk guy.

Dorinda should give less weight to the reactions of the other "housewives" (who are not housewives) and go only by her own feelings about John.  If she likes him, she should tell them to keep it to themselves.  Are at least some of them jealous that she has a steady, stable guy? 

@Ms X  John put his hand on Ramona's face, and he is no gentleman.

Honored Contributor

i have to watch it again because i only saw it once so far, but i did not see john touch ramonas face. i saw him put his hand up to her face, but not touch it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have to watch it again because i only saw it once so far, but i did not see john touch ramonas face. i saw him put his hand up to her face, but not touch it.

@sunshine45  It looked like it, but if he didn't, his hand was so close that he may as well have.

Honored Contributor

http://townvibe.com/images/cache/cache_d/cache_e/cache_c/BKJU16-COVER-d1ecfced.jpeg?ver=1463437463&aspectratio=0.75

june 2016

http://townvibe.com/images/cache/cache_2/cache_5/cache_b/RealHousewife-3afacb52.jpeg?ver=1463439508&aspectratio=1.3333333333333

http://townvibe.com/Berkshire/June-2016/Drama-Queen/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

i missed the housewives this week and will have to catch up.

re:  the magazine and all things john.  for the life of me, i don't know what dorinda sees in him.  what were her two first husbands like?  i can't believe this is her taste in men.

Esteemed Contributor

When a party to celebrate dry cleaning is the highlight you know the season is tanking fast.  

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

When a party to celebrate dry cleaning is the highlight you know the season is tanking fast.  

LOL.....it isnt just your neighborhood dry cleaners....

John created a name for himself with his dry cleaning business, Madame Paulette, known as the cleaning service of the rich and famous. Only don't call it a dry cleaners — John hates that. Madame Paulette is so much more than a dry cleaners. The business specializes in cleaning services for high quality, delicate items. It has been named the dry cleaner of choice by Vogue. It has cleaned the clothes of Vogue fashionista Lauren Santo Domingo, the MoMA, and even the gowns of Princess Diana. Dubbed the Sultan of Stains by The Observer, John Mahdessian is known in New York as being the man to call the direst of fashion circumstances.

Madame Paulette repairs wedding dresses, makes house calls, even cleans yacht upholstery — which probably applies to us all. Basically, if you've got a fabric, Madame Paulette can clean it. And it's clear that John takes his role as "Sultan of Stains" extremely seriously.

Madame Paulette was first opened in 1958 by John's great uncle. But it was John who turned it into the fashion industry institution that it is today. He was the one experimenting with formulas to get any stain out of anything. And he was the one who marketed the place like crazy, handing out business cards to the who's who of the New York fashion world. Today, the company is known as the Madame Paulette Organization, and it is huge.

It doesn't just cater to the NYC elite either, it gets orders from all over the world. And it doesn't just do dry cleaning either. According to the New York Post, Madame Paulette can log every item of clothing you own by sewing a tiny locater chip into the label of every garment, which will then be photographed and stored on a computer. A handheld "virtual stylist" will locate the item.

https://www.romper.com/p/what-is-dorinda-medleys-boyfriends-job-john-mahdessian-is-the-sultan-of-sta...