Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.....4/25/18...news, spoilers, gossip

@DREAMON wrote:

I can't understand how Ramona has made it in business either but apparently we are not seeing a part of her life that she excels in.

It's that or we are not hearing the true story of the making of Ramona.

I can't imagine working 1 minute for that nut.

I too can understand how Bethenny has made it in business. She is driven, intelligent, quick, energetic, and seems to be knowledgeable in many areas of business. Even with her strong personality I would choose to work for her over Ramona any day.

@DREAMON

I'd work for B any day too.   At least B appears to somewhat self reflect.  I think one could call her out somewhat on her sheit if you had a valid point.  Ramona--no calling out on her.  She's just become more crazy.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

And we never see Ramona working/going to work/in her office/interacting with people that work for her. If it has been shown I have missed it. 

Maybe her contract states that she can't be filmed in any areas of business.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Out of all the women on the show Lu bothers me the least. She always seems to look for the good in people and no matter what happens in her life she still walks with her head high...I wonder how you get like that. 

I really like that about her as well. She seems to have developed a very thick skin, something that is hard to do, but she seems to be able to let things roll off her back, and just move on....I can't do that, but I envy people who can.....

Honored Contributor

Carole is definitely my least favorite on this franchise! I am so sick of her thinking she is so above everyone else, and she kind of smirks like she knows a secret all the time. Just very silly, immature and thinks she is just too cool.....This season especially she is bugging me....

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Carole is definitely my least favorite on this franchise! I am so sick of her thinking she is so above everyone else, and she kind of smirks like she knows a secret all the time. Just very silly, immature and thinks she is just too cool.....This season especially she is bugging me....

I used to like her the best because I thought she recognized how ridiculous the "others" behaved most of the time, ie, shallow, materialistic, self-centered and ungrateful.  Now she has become one of them. 

And she used to kind of mind her own business and not gossip to start trouble.  That policy has also fallen by the way side. 

Honored Contributor

I think we didn't see the real Carole the first few seasons. I think she wanted to come off as the reserved, down to earth, has money but doesn't show it or care about it, hippie chic, woman. 

This season she has let her guard down and we see she can be quite the opposite. 

Respected Contributor

In the early seasons they showed Ramona at her work office.  Her business (at that time) had something to do with her company buying clothing overstock, and supplying it  to stores like TJ Maxx. 

I think she was/is also part owner of the True Faith jewelry business with her former husband, Mario.  They also had another "religious gifts" business.  They used to show her and Mario at that business, too.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

Sometimes I think Carole wants to come across as being "cheeky" in her ITM interviews.  I was wondering if she was trying to come across that way when she was talking about Ramona not really throwing her the kind of party she thought she should have had.  It's almost like she's trying to act a certain way in her ITMs, while thinking the audience is in on the joke, if that makes any sense.  It seems condescending.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

ramona went through a bad divorce, but probably received A LOT of money and property. she is probably se for lifet. maybe she still has her business but doesnt have to actually work as much?

she currently has her hamptons home for rent for the month of august through labor day weekend. 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms.....$165000. that is quite a nice little profit!

https://realityblurb.com/2018/04/23/photos-rhonys-ramona-singer-puts-hamptons-home-up-for-rent/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Related image

I know we all have our own opinions, which I respect, and it's why I have no problem saying I totally disagree with the idea that LuAnn should not have been arrested after her "night on the town." Nor do I agree that these officers had some kind of "power thing" going on. LuAnn, who has long been my favorite NY housewife (not a lot of quality women to choose from in the NY franchise, lol), is lucky those officers were as patient as they were. 

At first I felt embarrassed for her that the video is out there but then I started thinking of how she willingly, and happily it seems, has made many drunken vidoes over the years in the episodes of the show. She's been falling over (and into bushes) drunk, has brought home married strangers to have sex with (as well as Johnny Depp look-alikes!), and has woken up with numerous hangovers over the seasons. Why should one more videotaped drunken night on the town be a problem? She's probably lucky she was arrested because it seems this time she was forced to clean up her act or face the consequences. Will it help her?  Was going to rehab just a stunt to get her in the good graces of the judge or does she really care about how out of control she was? Time will tell.

What I like about LuAnn is that she admits when she's wrong--like apologizing to B's boyfriend for lying about him at the last reunion. She has a very laid back, and sometimes self-deprecating, nature that's appealing to me. 

"Be cool. Don't be all uncool." Smiley Very Happy

When a person is that extremely intoxicated in public (as in falling down drunk), enters a stranger's hotel room, gets in their bed with a boyfriend, refuses to leave, assaults police officers, threatens them, and resists arrest it should come as no surprise to end up in the back of a patrol car headed for jail. She's lucky the officers were as nice as they were all things considered.