Esteemed Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.....4/25/18...news, spoilers, gossip

In cases like this, I don't know why police don't ignore what people say or do when they're drunk. Within reason, of course. You have to expect certain things to happen and certain things to be said when someone is that drunk.

I read that there was another Housewife who was accused of kicking an officer. She had been drunk when she had been arrested. Really, something like that might happen. It wasn't like she had a black belt and put him in the hospital. Couldn't he have just said "ouch" and moved on? lol

I think some of them have a power thing going on.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I feel kind of bad that the video was released.  I realize it's probably considered public record, but I don't think it needed to be released.  Seems it was intentionally done to embarrass her.  

It didn't seem that "bad" to me -- she is clearly intoxicated and upset, but she didn't seem that out of control with her actions or words.  I understand her saying "I'm going to kill you" isn't okay, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't literal.  I'm sure this was a huge lesson for Lu, and hopefully she's making some lasting changes. 

@I like celery

Hi celery.  I'm in the minority too.  I don't think she acted that bady at all.  I thought it woudl be FAR worse.  Yes, she's drunk.  That's a definite.  I"m so underwhelmed by the video, and I don't think it was that bad at all.  She had too much to drink, but I think of many who'd act like that.  

Was she driving drunk?  

Hi @winamac1  I don't think she was driving -- From what I remember reading, she and someone else (a guy, I think?) walked into the wrong room of the hotel they were at, and the police were called.  I guess Lu was acting defensively and argumentative, and then tried to lock herself in the bathroom, slammed the door on one of the officers, and it hit him in the head.  I may have some of the details wrong, but I think that was the gist of it. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

In cases like this, I don't know why police don't ignore what people say or do when they're drunk. Within reason, of course. You have to expect certain things to happen and certain things to be said when someone is that drunk.

I read that there was another Housewife who was accused of kicking an officer. She had been drunk when she had been arrested. Really, something like that might happen. It wasn't like she had a black belt and put him in the hospital. Couldn't he have just said "ouch" and moved on? lol

Some of them definitely do and research supports it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think that if releasing that video keeps her from acting badly the next time, it was worth it.  Nothing like not wanting to look ridiculous to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Honored Contributor

As I said in my other post ...I agree that she was not threatening the officer...she was just extremely intoxicated. I guess they have to treat every threat (drunk or not) seriously.

It has to be embarrassing for her and her family. The entire year was an embarrassment for her. I hope she can move on from this. She is such an optimistic woman. I have to give her credit for that.

I think is sad that the video was released for everyone to see. It is disturbing to me ..I hate to see people make a fool of themselves.

I don't think it was a rare occasion and she got drunk. I think she was probably drinking way too much due to her marital problems and it got out of hand.

Too bad she didn't stay with Jacques. I thought he was a nice guy. I liked him and them together. If he was older or she was younger it might have worked out.

Honored Contributor

always interesting when sonjas former interns "talk"......

sonja.jpg

sonja.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

Dorinda in her text to Carole again said that Sonja was comparing being divorced to be widowed.  Sonja never did that.  Maybe that's what Dorinda "heard", but that whole blowup was not Sonja's doing.

Carole was getting on my nerves in her confessionals whining about how the dinner party was really not for her, and what kind of theme party is this?  Did she think they all needed to only focus on her and talk about the marathon all evening?  Should they all have worn running clothes and have "Starting Line" printed across the threshold?  

Agree; Carole came across as very ungrateful.  Even though Ramona is whackadoo, it was nice of her to throw the party, but Carole complained about the lack of "theme" several times (and later on Andy's show.)  She's really getting on my nerves this season.

I agree with your commentary.  I do think Carole came across as ungrateful.  Yes, she ran a marathon--that's an achievement.  She didn't save someone's life.  She needs to get over herself.  Ramona did bring her out a lovely cake and made a kind toast in her honor as well.  Carole, like Erika on BH, appears to think she's too cool for school.  It's annoying. 

As usual, Bethenny tried to throw out one liners to prove she's witty and funny.  I'm kind of over it.  I think she treats Dennis like he's second hand help.  I can't read him, but he's obviously successful in his business or she'd not be with him.  He may be more of an introvert.  My husband is an introvert and would stand off to the side too.  She just seems to act like he's help.

Ramona is still nuts though the party was nice that she threw.  She didn't act as bad this past episode, but she still is half bubble off level.

Sonja clearly lives in the past.  I think she needs to get over the Morgan name.  She's no longer married to a Morgan and needs to move on.  That being said, Dorinda, again, acted like a crazy woman.  I think she has intermittent explosive disorder and she, as well,  doesn't think before she talks.  She blurts out stuff that is hateful and acts like a crazy woman with her gesticulations.

I loved Bethenny's poncho sweater at that brunch they had. It was adorable.  She had on way too much makeup at the dinner, and I didn't like the crazy sequin top.  She either looks bizarre to fantastic.

I noticed Tinsley ordered a bloody mary, and then I also saw a glass of red wine at her place setting during the brunch.  She seems to drown her sorrows in alcohol.  I still do like her though.

Lu acted the most normal of them all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I feel kind of bad that the video was released.  I realize it's probably considered public record, but I don't think it needed to be released.  Seems it was intentionally done to embarrass her.  

It didn't seem that "bad" to me -- she is clearly intoxicated and upset, but she didn't seem that out of control with her actions or words.  I understand her saying "I'm going to kill you" isn't okay, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't literal.  I'm sure this was a huge lesson for Lu, and hopefully she's making some lasting changes. 

@I like celery

Hi celery.  I'm in the minority too.  I don't think she acted that bady at all.  I thought it woudl be FAR worse.  Yes, she's drunk.  That's a definite.  I"m so underwhelmed by the video, and I don't think it was that bad at all.  She had too much to drink, but I think of many who'd act like that.  

Was she driving drunk?  

Hi @winamac1  I don't think she was driving -- From what I remember reading, she and someone else (a guy, I think?) walked into the wrong room of the hotel they were at, and the police were called.  I guess Lu was acting defensively and argumentative, and then tried to lock herself in the bathroom, slammed the door on one of the officers, and it hit him in the head.  I may have some of the details wrong, but I think that was the gist of it. 

Then I'm extremely underwhelmed!  If she wasn't driving, I don't get why they did what they did other than a power play.  Yes, she acted poorly , but she wasn't terrible.  Almost...much ado about nothing.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Some of them definitely do and research supports it...

Agreed!!!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think that if releasing that video keeps her from acting badly the next time, it was worth it.  Nothing like not wanting to look ridiculous to keep you on the straight and narrow.

That is a very valid point, but it was very much exaggerated with the severity of her "so called" crime.  

She was not appropriate, but an arrest.....????