Honored Contributor

real housewives of new york....4/19/17..."news," spoilers, gossip

hello ladies and happy wednesday! i am officially on time tonight with the thread. Smiley Tongue it is wednesday night in NEW YORK tonight. the show begins at 9pm et.  they are in the hamptons celebrating a birthday.....and we all know how those go. LOL

rating numbers are pretty low......even POTOMAC is beating them! last weeks episode had 1.28 million viewers. the first week had 1.26 million viewers. those numbers are pretty low for rhony, although they had similar early numbers in season 8.

ENJOY!

SEASON 9, EPISODE 3

rhony1.jpg

discussing election parties and soft core films.

rhony2.jpg

big surprise......a trip to the hamptons does not go well.

rhony3.jpg

testing the guest bed in the hamptons.

The ladies head to the Hamptons for a weekend of fun and an early birthday dinner at Ramona’s. Carole is staying at Bethenny’s and the only thing she can talk about is the election. Splitting her weekend between Luann’s and Ramona’s homes, Dorinda prepares to see Sonja for the first time since learning about the gossip she has been spreading about her for months . Ramona takes the wrong approach with Bethenny when asking about her film role from 20 years ago.  

AIR DATE: Apr 19 9/8c

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....4/19/17..."news," spoilers, gossip

I hope it's more interesting than the first 2 episodes.

Honored Contributor

I'm only about a quarter of the way through. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ramona never fails to deliver when it comes to murdering the English language. 

I laughed out loud when she said Bethenny was acting like a b-i. I guess she was trying to avoid saying the B word?

I can't wait to use that in a group setting just to see the reactions. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes Ramona.. I'm sure Avery's friends want you around and think of you as a friend. The desperation that was shown when she wanted the girls to validate that she looked beautiful in the pictures was cringe worthy.

At first I thought Ramona was nuts when she was talking to Bethenny about the "soft p*rn" movie but she purposely did that to get the point across that Bethenny can dish it out but can't take it. It's true.

Sonja and Tinsley are terrible actors. They are so weird on camera. Sonja acted the same on WWHL. Very strange to me.

I am not one bit interested in Caroles political story line. Just boring.

Dorinda doesn't bother me and Luann always acts the same. 

NY isn't very interesting so far this season...time will tell.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know... I've been underwhelmed so far this year and every show just seems sort of like a nerve-wracking hot mess but with nothing particularly interesting actually happening...

First of all I continue to dislike the pompous and unappealing Carole, as I have since Day 1... I also continue to find her the least attractive of the ladies...

I love Lu's house in the Hamptons... While B's might have the more upscale and lovely exterior, Lu's is charmingly decorated... or at least, more to my preferences... Ramona's is clearly a nice house, but I prefer the simplicity of Lu's...

The restaurant scene shows just how scripted and directed this show is... because while Ramona's inquiry of the B was completely reasonable (do you ever think about kids in school bringing things in the news up to your daughter)... no one with a grain of sense would have phrased it the way she did and no one with half a grain of sense would have been as obtuse and sarcastic in their response as was the B... Unless, of course, it was all set up for dramatic purpose...

Sonja continues to be a hot mess, but at least she knows it, as was clear when she expressed trepidation about Tinsley meeting the ladies, given all the trash she (Sonja) had been talking...

And speaking of Tinsley (that name... insert eyeroll here) eh... 

B referring to herself as a mogul was just too much... Even if she is, I don't think too many people refer to themselves in that way...

As for who has had work, I really can't tell... Ramona just consistently looks sloppy... Her hair is a mess, her clothes are not flattering and don't appear to fit... Sonja looks different to me in the little fully made up segments of them commenting on the action... but doesn't look all that different in the actual action sequences (if that makes any sense)... The B needs a new stylist, as her dark circles are usually visible and her haircut isn't flattering... And while Dorinda sometimes looks a little different to me, usually she doesn't...

Have to say, over time, Dorinda and Lu have emerged as my favorites among the ladies... Not that they don't both have their own quirks... By season's end, who knows... And I remain in awe of how fluid the alliances are from year to year, but of course, a lot of that is scripted too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have a question. I have watched this on and off, so I am not familiar with all the housewives and their families. Does Sonja have a child and if so, how old. The way she behaved with that stripper was cringe worthy. 😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Honored Contributor

Just to add... Ramona seems to present herself as being more desperate and needy every season...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

I have a question. I have watched this on and off, so I am not familiar with all the housewives and their families. Does Sonja have a child and if so, how old. The way she behaved with that stripper was cringe worthy. 😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Her daughter is in her teens (I think) and is away at Boarding School.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sonja and Quincy Adams Morgan (15)Image result for sonja morgan's daughter