Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....2020, SEASON 12

If Ramona wanted her guests to help clean up she should have said something before the first guest left for a "nap".  Having the two youngest do all the work is not right.  She would never ask Lu, Sonja, or Dorinda to clean.

Honored Contributor

I might be changing my mind about Leah a bit.  Good for her for calling BS on the mean girl attitudes.  I give her respect for that.  

The stroll Ramona took in the restaurant was good for a laugh.  If she is really that disinterested, Andy needs a casting call for another newbie stat.  

I swear when the day comes, Luann will resurrect at her own funeral just to complain about where they are burying her and her view.

Honored Contributor

S12 - E3

Don't Mansion It

The girls weekend in the Hamptons continues. Ramona brings the ladies to a local winery where they learn about Leah’s past and Dorinda’s present. Ramona's hosting continues at a mansion party that evening with a group of new friends she's trying to impress. Despite Ramona’s constant reminders to behave themselves, Sonja loses control after being triggered by Ramona’s friend Elyse.

Air Date: 04/16/2020
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Boy, Sonja really lost control tonight with the drinking.  I know its all for the show but how embarrassing.  She's no spring chicken anymore and its not cute.

The new girl Leah reminds me of a young Candice Bergen that's maybe a little more rough around the edges.  I'm liking her.  She's not boring, and she's not over the top - yet.  I'm kinda liking her fashion sense.  Loved the sweater she had on earlier in the episode.  I remember seeing that sweater on a website - either Nordies or NM - and thinking it was beautiful, but I think it was about $500 or so.

Ramona's house is really beautiful from the outside and the yard looks so pretty.  Didn't see much of her furnishings.  Can't believe she can afford a 2nd home like that and an apartment in Manhattan.  That is BIG bucks.  She's pretty successful for being kind of a nut.  Not sure why Luann hated her lower level suite so much.  I guess she felt separated from the rest, but she took it too far.  She's kind of a snob (you think?) - guess she really got spoiled when she was a Countess.

I don't dislike Tinsley, I think she's one of the nicer HW's of any of the franchises, but I guess its true we don't really know that much about her, or what she does to be able to afford her lifestyle.  However, maybe its family money, and as long as she's not asking to borrow $$ from anyone, it doesn't really matter.  I also enjoy her clothing style.  I think she is probably the best dressed now that Bethanny is gone.

The $39,900,000 home was a nice home, I'm guessing maybe it was oceanfront at that price tag.  I disagree w/Dorinda but maybe it is an American thing, wanting to take a little tour of a home like that.  I sure would like to see it - the furnishings, the finishes, the gardens, etc...I've always enjoyed looking at new homes and seeing how they are designed and furnished. 

So far I am enjoying the season.  I think NYC is my favorite.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Sonja is just embarrassing.   I would never go anywhere with her .  White trash 

Valued Contributor

I don't dislike Tinsley, I think she's one of the nicer HW's of any of the franchises, but I guess its true we don't really know that much about her, or what she does to be able to afford her lifestyle.  However, maybe its family money, and as long as she's not asking to borrow $$ from anyone, it doesn't really matter.  I also enjoy her clothing style.  I think she is probably the best dressed now that Bethanny is gone.

So far I am enjoying the season.  I think NYC is my favorite.

Tinsley did say last year that she lives off a family trust fund.  She said they took away her money when she was arrested because of her behavior.  I'm guessing that's why she went on this show.  She said they restored her funds when she proved she could be trusted again.  I can't stand when Dorinda has to attack Tinsley.  I think she is jealous of her.  I can understand how Scott and Tinsely kept breaking up and getting back together.  I think they really love each other, but he didn't want to move to New York and she didn't want to move to Chicago.  I hope it works out for them when she does move to Chicago.  It will be an adjustment.  Dorinda- mind your own business!!!

Honored Contributor

Boy oh Boy, Sonja needs to not drink! She is far too old to be acting like that. She knows how she gets when she drinks, she was so embarrassing and loud! I was embarrassed watching her! I do really like Sonja though. I like Leah as well so far anyways.....She seems pretty straight forward and isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes. 

I don't know how Ramona affords that huge house in the Hamptons plus a really nice apartment in Manhattan either....I wish LuAnn would have gone about it differently with the basement....I too would not want to stay in a basement that smelled like dog you know and with spiders-no way! However she could have been much nicer about it! Maybe Ramona's cleaning people didn't clean the basement before everyone came over and it just needed a good cleaning probably...Lu is a snob though, but I still like her..

Dorinda seems like she has a bit of a jealousy problem sometimes...Who cares if people in England don't show their homes? I don't see anything wrong with asking people if they want to see it, if they don't then they can say so......No big deal! Something is going on with Dorinda though this season, I think......

I am enjoying this one so far, and NY has always been one of my favorites...

Honored Contributor

The 2 things I took away from this episode were ..these women are very jealous and they drink way too much.

That party with all the older men seemed very creepy to me...yuck.

It looked like a set up party for men to meet hired women for the night...if ya know what I mean.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed this week's episode.  It's everything I want from my housewives.  They have all become very skilled at their craft of reality tv stars. There is just enough reality mixed in with pumped up antics to make it just right.  This is great escapism for me, I need to laugh at rich people doing ridicuous and embarassing things.  What was with LuAnn's atrocious outfit at the party??? OMG someone should have sent her home to change.

Respected Contributor

I don't even remember Luann's outfit.  I may have to watch again.  I remember at one point she had on some floral ensemble w/a little granny sweater over it and someone commented it was more appropriate for Cape Cod or down south somewhere  Woman Wink

I remember thinking Sonja's sparkly dress was too tight.  Leah's outfit was too short.  I don't care for Dorinda's fashion sense at all.  Some sort of tight gawdy printed bell bottoms?  I don't recall what Tinsley had on but I'm sure it was nice.  She was brought up w/manners and I think its hard for her to fight fire w/fire w/these women, just not her nature.

Guess I'll catch the rerun next week at 8pm before the new episode airs.  My curiosity is peaked.  I found the older men at this "party" creepy as well.  You know what they say, "Money can't buy you class".  Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing