Trusted Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....2020, SEASON 12

I have to agree, this season is a disaster, both with this show, and RHOBC.  

They both seem directionless.  A group of attractive, wealthy, presumably, reasonably well educated women, who get together at various places, and proceed to make complete fools of themselves! 

It's so scripted. If Ramona set up a getaway for the group, and didn't want to include a complete stranger, even if she is Leah's sister, that's not unreasonable. But Ramona's not the shy type, who would have had a problem, telling Leah that, right away. Once she'd agreed, you don't decide, at the destination, "oh no, she actually can't come"! 

As for Leah, yes, she's much younger, but, her behavior, again, was embarrassing and atrocious! 
Why would she invite her sister, to meet the group, at a week-end getaway? She knows these women, have a hard time spending 5 minutes together, without a melee erupting!

Poor sister, how awkward, could that have been, and maybe will be! Invite the group to lunch or dinner, to meet your sister.  At least that way, poor sis has a decent chance of making a getaway! 

Yes, so far, Lu and Ramona do seem the calmest and most rational 🤨

Honored Contributor

When I see Leah in her drunken (or more) stupor I feel sorry for her. She can't possibly want her daughter and family to see her like this.

She is a beautiful young woman who obviously needs help. I hope she leaves the show and goes to rehab.

Something is very wrong there and Bravo is putting it on display.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't even imagine what the episodes would look like during the COVID epidemic ... guess it would be  most of them running to the liquor store to stock up  all the  while  behaving as though they need to be admitted to old Belleview Hospital to be put in straight jackets . Another episode would be Bethanny having a meltdown  crying  and stress out because she's the only one helping anyone during the pandemic.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems to me that we viewers were more shocked at Leah's over the top embarrassing disgusting ridiculous behavior than the other ladies. They were just sort of "ah, so she drank too much, it's a vacation, let her enjoy herself"......."ah so she's upset about her sister".....how could you see someone go off the edge like that and not call for an ambulance and sit on her till they arrived......hopefully with a (as mentioned by ThinkingCamille) straight jacket. 

Leah, Tinsley & Dorinda need to be admitted to rehab for a serious alcohol problem.  

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Seems to me that we viewers were more shocked at Leah's over the top embarrassing disgusting ridiculous behavior than the other ladies. They were just sort of "ah, so she drank too much, it's a vacation, let her enjoy herself"......."ah so she's upset about her sister".....how could you see someone go off the edge like that and not call for an ambulance and sit on her till they arrived......hopefully with a (as mentioned by ThinkingCamille) straight jacket. 

Leah, Tinsley & Dorinda need to be admitted to rehab for a serious alcohol problem.  

It's pretty bad when Ramona is the only one who thinks Leah has a problem. I think Lu also sees it clearly but she won't say too much due to her past.

Respected Contributor

Dorinda somewhat acknowledged she has a drinking problem. She recognizes she is a nasty drunk, and has blackouts. She does not own mistakes and dislikes when anyone remarks she is wrong.

Leah is a alcoholic. She should not drink. She has blackouts, even without admitting she has a hangover, and continues on her merry way. She is a nasty, trashy drunk. Out of control.

Sonja is drinking too much again and falling into her depressive moods. She is gaining weight and needs to go back on meds and stop the drinking.She and the other women should not snub Canal Street when they act like the trash they criticize in that section of NY. Anyone who pees in the fields while being filmed doing so is just a classy as those in the areas of NY they snub. They should not have snubbed that section.

Ramona was right when she told Leah she should not have invited her sister. Leah was in the wrong. However, Ramona was more than nice in allowing the sister to come and took it upon herself to say that she has to change her way of thinking concerning things. Kudos to Ramona.

Luann acted lady like and controlled Leah's destructive actions. She was sophisticated compared to the rest of the group.

Tinsley needs to get out of baby diapers and begin wearing grown up depends diapers.

Andy does enjoy these women, and other housewives making fools of themselves. He makes his $$$$ while they make money but lessen their own character. They are clowns in the new circus arena and so we make our popcorn and throw it at the TV and watch?

Respected Contributor

I don't think Tinsley is a well-liked NYCHW because a lot of the viewing audience can't really relate to her on any level.  She seems so spoiled and child-like.  She doesn't want to participate in anything that may make her "look" bad - such as:  not wearing full makeup, not removing any of her jewelry while taking a boxing class or entering a steamy sauna - how crazy is that?  Just plain old not participating in whatever the plan of the day is if she is not going to look beautiful doing it.  She needs to get over herself already.

Leah is out of control when she drinks, but I still like her.  I think she is a much better addition to the show than Tinsley.  Did Dorinda ever admit she may have a drinking problem?  Did she admit it to her "coach" in that scene where she discusses whats bothering her?  She's finding out that maybe she never really got over her husbands death, just went on with life and raising her daughter and being the strong one. 

I can't give up my HW shows as I really look forward to them.  I have limited cable channels and there has just been nothing on.  If TCM doesn't run a movie or AMC or FX, I'm really outta luck with programming.  El stinko.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I don't remember if it's been mentioned on this thread, but I recently saw an article from 2016 where Leah discusses her bipolar II disorder.  That likely explains why her mother is so upset she started drinking again, among other things.

It's from some site I never heard of, but if interested in reading it Google Leah McSweeney bipolar.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy ,

I read the article and it it does explain a lot.

I hope she finds (or has found) a Dr who can help her get back on track ..of course she should not drink.

RHNY is not a show she should be on IMO. She has a daughter and family who know and love her a heck of a lot more than these women who mean nothing to her. Hope she puts herself and her family first.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Dorinda somewhat acknowledged she has a drinking problem. She recognizes she is a nasty drunk, and has blackouts. She does not own mistakes and dislikes when anyone remarks she is wrong.

Leah is a alcoholic. She should not drink. She has blackouts, even without admitting she has a hangover, and continues on her merry way. She is a nasty, trashy drunk. Out of control.

Sonja is drinking too much again and falling into her depressive moods. She is gaining weight and needs to go back on meds and stop the drinking.She and the other women should not snub Canal Street when they act like the trash they criticize in that section of NY. Anyone who pees in the fields while being filmed doing so is just a classy as those in the areas of NY they snub. They should not have snubbed that section.

Ramona was right when she told Leah she should not have invited her sister. Leah was in the wrong. However, Ramona was more than nice in allowing the sister to come and took it upon herself to say that she has to change her way of thinking concerning things. Kudos to Ramona.

Luann acted lady like and controlled Leah's destructive actions. She was sophisticated compared to the rest of the group.

Tinsley needs to get out of baby diapers and begin wearing grown up depends diapers.

Andy does enjoy these women, and other housewives making fools of themselves. He makes his $$$$ while they make money but lessen their own character. They are clowns in the new circus arena and so we make our popcorn and throw it at the TV and watch?

@chiclets OMG! I spit out my coffee laughing at yhour comment about Tinsley needing to get out of baby diapers and get some adult Depends.....It was so funny and yet so true!!!!