Super Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....2020, SEASON 12...news, spoilers, gossip

I thought Dorinda's house looked awful.......colors were garish and shocking.....plnk room seemed WAY too pink, etc. etc.......definitely not my taste.

Honored Contributor

@Lvqfan wrote:

I thought Dorinda's house looked awful.......colors were garish and shocking.....plnk room seemed WAY too pink, etc. etc.......definitely not my taste.

It was more garish before the renovation. I think she toned it down a bit.  I like it; it's kind of quirky.

I guess it was Lu's turn to be sloshed and nasty this week.  And now we have to hear about her cabaret show again.  If I never hear that word again it will be too soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of Dorinda's decorating style before or after her renovation. 

BTW, Is Elyse the friend of Ramona's who was in a few episodes the first year or two of RHNY?  A few times, they showed Ramona with a friend and she looks like Elyse except her hair was much longer then....down to her behind.  When Lu was dating, married and divorcing Tom, RHNY would air clips from the first year or two of Ramona and this friend with long dark hair out somewhere (probably the bar at The Regency....LOL) and Tom was hitting on them (I think it was more Ramona).  I don't remember the friend's name from those episodes and have always wondered if it was the same person.  Just thought somebody might know or remember.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I just don't understand Bravo....do they think these drunken episodes are interesting and fun to watch? I hate them and think it's a total turn off.

This is the worst season and it gets more drunken and argumentative with each episode.

Andy seems to really enjoy filming drunken women and conflict. It something he enjoys to yada yada about with his friends. He is laughing at them, not with them, and making $$$ doing so.

The women want the publicity and money and the attention. Several of them need to watch and really review their actions and if they decide they are fine making fools of themselves, so be it. No style and class, and a name means nothing. Manners and poise are not shown, and who is in Who's Who means nothing.

Regular Contributor

@faeriemoon- I am shocked anyone would pay money to see Lu's "cabaret" show! To me, she can't sing at all, nor is she a performer.  On the other hand, I would love to see one of Erika Jayne's shows - either on Broadway or in Vegas.  Imagine the outrageous costumes, hair, and makeup alone!!  She is very entertaining.      

Honored Contributor

I've watched only a few episodes this season and you know, I probably won't bother to go back and watch the ones I've taped. I tuned in to watch this one 'live' and the show is just bad. For me, there is no longer anything even remotely entertaining about it anymore. It tends to be the same thing every week. I have never liked Ramona. I'm tired of hearing Lu go on and on about her show. Dorinda, who at one time seemed like a strong woman, increasingly just seems pathetic. Sonja has always seemed pathetic, but at one time she was at least likable. Leah, meh. And I've not seen enough of the new one to form an opinion. I find the show and the women more annoying than fun these days. Maybe it's me, maybe it's a sign of the times or maybe the show has just gone stale. I suspect it's a little of each. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like the exterior of Dorinda's Berkshire home, but I agree that the inside is just horrible.  The purples and greens and pinks and blues.  She's an odd duck if you ask me, who happened to marry well.  Go figure.  I do like her daughter though.

Luann sure was mean to Sonja.  Fortunately I think Sonja has the type of personality where she just lets things roll off her shoulder.  I think the HW's have a certain following that would be interested in seeing Luann's show - esp. in the bigger cities - Hollywood, NYC, maybe Miami or Chicago.  It might be much funner than you'd think.  I also would like to see Erika Jayne in the play Chicago.  Too bad Covid-19 stopped that.  How disappointing for her after all the rehearsals and excitement.

I still enjoy these shows and look forward to them, but I agree, they all seem to have problems with the alcohol.  I do like Leah and I also like Elyse. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I love Dorinda's style of house, but the decor is awful! She really needs to hire a decorator, it could be so beautiful! She has good ideas but it is just too loud and garish to me......It is a beautiful property though. Ramona has a really nice Hamptons Home.

I just kept shaking my head at this episode. Lu must have been drinking-she was really over the top mean to Sonja-it was just over the top! Sonja should have approached Lu in the very beginning about being paid...Next week's epsisode show Leah and Elyse kissing.....You have to wonder what Elyse's husband has to say about this crazy behavior!

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

I just don't understand Bravo....do they think these drunken episodes are interesting and fun to watch? I hate them and think it's a total turn off.

This is the worst season and it gets more drunken and argumentative with each episode.

Andy seems to really enjoy filming drunken women and conflict. It something he enjoys to yada yada about with his friends. He is laughing at them, not with them, and making $$$ doing so.

The women want the publicity and money and the attention. Several of them need to watch and really review their actions and if they decide they are fine making fools of themselves, so be it. No style and class, and a name means nothing. Manners and poise are not shown, and who is in Who's Who means nothing.

I am not a fan of Andy's at all.  His gross and low class baby shower sealed the deal for me.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

I am not a fan of Andy's at all.  His gross and low class baby shower sealed the deal for me.

@Lipstickdiva ,

My opinion of Andy has changed from years ago when he first started the Housewives. 

Agree totally that he is obviously in it for the money and he is laughing at every one of them all the way to the bank.

I think the Baby Shower was just for publicity.