Trusted Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....2020, SEASON 12

@Travone wrote:

I tried to like them,   I really did. I can't take one more week of them taking turns being the town drunk and screaming at each other. Nobody would ever act like that at that lovely restaurant and not be asked to leave.   They don't even try to pretend that the show isn't scripted anymore. I think I'm out 

Yes I agree -- what a bad season -- I know it's bad when my favorites are Romona and Luanne.  Leah has some real issues and should not be on this show.  Sonja in her testimonials is very drunk.  I just don't see where else this season can go,  very disappointing.

Honored Contributor

I really really like Leah, but Yes she does have some issues, that she needs to take care of..I can see why she would feel some sort of kinship with Dorinda, because Dorinda gets that drunk, but she acts mean when she drinks, and Leah isn't really mean.....

Ramona should not have said yes, then No, then yes-come on just let the sister come along for one day-what does that really hurt? Tinsley adds nothing and never did. I don't dislike her, but she just seems like one of those society women who care about nothing but shopping, and lunch and cocktails and being seen at the right places..A very shallow existence.

Elyse will probably be asked to be a housewive next season when Tinsley is gone. So I think that is the reason she is sticking her nose into everyone's business...This season is awful, between this and RHOBH, horrible!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I really really like Leah, but Yes she does have some issues, that she needs to take care of..I can see why she would feel some sort of kinship with Dorinda, because Dorinda gets that drunk, but she acts mean when she drinks, and Leah isn't really mean.....

Ramona should not have said yes, then No, then yes-come on just let the sister come along for one day-what does that really hurt? Tinsley adds nothing and never did. I don't dislike her, but she just seems like one of those society women who care about nothing but shopping, and lunch and cocktails and being seen at the right places..A very shallow existence.

Elyse will probably be asked to be a housewive next season when Tinsley is gone. So I think that is the reason she is sticking her nose into everyone's business...This season is awful, between this and RHOBH, horrible!

Agree with most of your opinion, however waht is up with constantly filming someone out of control with ETOH ? Leah needs to go back to being sober . Can't they get some  story lines where they do something for others rather than  for themselves. I do like they go to different sites to film but it's always  involves acting like  heathens cursing, yelling and over drinking ......  Andy Cohen  likes to stir it up  so guess this is the format he likes the best ....

Honored Contributor

I think Leah might be taking something along with drinking. She definitely has issues and should not be on the show. I guess her Mother will never speak to her again after seeing the show. 

I don't think she should have asked her sister to go on a trip  that someone else was paying for (although it was probably Bravo and not Ramona). 

I guess we will never have an episode that Dorinda does not bring up Richard. She talks about Sonja living in the past and she is doing the same.

Tinsley is there for no reason...nothing at all.

Elyse never misses an episode ....move over Tinsley here comes Elyse.

My favorites and most sane this season are Ramona and Lu......that's how bad this season is.

Honored Contributor

My fav's this season are:

Lu

Ramona

Sonja(even though she drinks too much as well).

I still really like Leah, I just think she has issues and shouldn't be drinking, and she needs to seek help for her issues.....Even her childhood and teenage years sound like she was constantly rebelling and getting into trouble.

Honored Contributor

I know I'm in the minority in NEVER having liked Leah, but she was even worse last night.  IMO she adds nothing to the show.  Worse than Tinsley.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

I know I'm in the minority in NEVER having liked Leah, but she was even worse last night.  IMO she adds nothing to the show.  Worse than Tinsley.

Leah, meh, I guess I just never saw the point... Other than bringing in a younger demographic to pair up with Tinsley, Leah just never made sense to me, just as Tinsley never made any sense to me and Barbara too made little sense to me... As for Leah, I don't like her... I don't dislike her... But, as noted, to me, the whole show needs an overhaul... Folks talk in terms of next season, but from where I sit, this show doesn't deserve another season... Producers knew well in advance that Bethenney wasn't returning and had plenty of time to come up with more than they did... If you ask me, this mess is running on fumes and another season or not, some viewers might decide they've had enough... They need to get rid of some excess baggage and take their chances on reinventing this show because as far as I'm concerned, it's just become stagnant and has been heading in that direction for several years.... As far as it goes, that's been the case with or without Bethenny... She might have brought a presence to the show but the story lines have been sort of stale for several years, in my opinion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like Leah when she's sober.  If she can't stop herself after a few drinks, though, she needs to find that wagon and get back on.

I think Tinsley is so quiet because no matter what she does these women have a nasty comment.  Making fun of her for bringing a pillow?  I don't know why she tried to make nice with Dorinda, but it looked like Dorinda was having none of it.  She's awful.

I don't know why but Elyse really bothers me.  Did they say at the beginning of the season that she was going to be "friend of" like Sutton?  

All I could think of - same thing when watching BH this week - was how I would love to be at a beautiful location with my girlfriends right now.  These people can never just enjoy themselves.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't care for her either and never really did.  She comes off as trying to be something she isn't IMO.   

Honored Contributor

I'm giving this one more episode and then I'm out.  There is so much wrong here I don't even know where to start.

First, I was with Ramona.  You don't invite people on a trip that you didn't plan.  I am a huge stickler about this.  Leah had no business inviting anyone on the trip when she didn't plan it.  She was an invited guest herself.  The rest of the ladies should have stayed out of it when Ramona initially said no.  And Leah showed a complete lack of manners, respect and class even asking.  After that it just went round and round.  To Ramona, Sonja and LuAnn both said they didn't think Leah should have done that and they didn't want her sister there.  But behind Ramona's back and to Leah, they made it seem like Ramona was in the wrong.  And I have to agree that once Ramona said yes, she shouldn't have taken it back and kept changing her mind.

Leah was a complete drunken embarrassment.  I personally would have gotten up and walked away from that mess.  She was beyond ridiculous sitting on Sonja's lap, who was egging it on, rolling on the ground, crying, pulling on the drapes, wrecking the floral arrangement.  It just went on and on.  Sonja dragging her across the grass was over the top and why anyone was trying to talk to her when she was in tha condition is a mystery to me.  

Sonja once again was drunk and I'm sure Dorinda was as well.  And LuAnn was backing whichever one of the women she was speaking to.  I'm not sure why she would want to be associated with this mess either.

These ladies, and I use that term loosely, are all an embarrassment.  If I were in their family, I would be mortified to see them acting this way.  I don't understand the attitude of I'm on vacation so I'm going to drink until I can't stand anymore and make a total fool of myself.